[Original RPG] The God Gambit Revisited

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

"Confirm," Motormaster replied to Divebomb, and Dead End guided the shuttle to the landing site.
Cryhavoc
Protoform

Post by Cryhavoc »

>"Roger that. Divebomb out."< Divebomb replied to Motormaster and headed towards the landing zone where the other Predacons and Mindwipe were already waiting.

Followed by furious roars of his brakethrusters, Trypticon landed next to the Decepticon shuttle that were used by the Predacons and Mindwipe to reach Titan earlier.

Even in his battlestation mode Trypticon towered easily over even the tallest buildings the Titanese had and dwarfed the Decepticons that were gathered near to the landing area that had been instructed to Trypticon beforehand.

"Greetings Trypticon. I trust your journey here went well?" Razorclaw greeted their massive ally.

"I wrecked several space pirate ships within subspace... other than that there wasn't any obstacles at all. I'd vague that we don't have to deal with space pirates within the subspace routes from Cybertron to Sol systems for few years now." Trypticon's voice boomed from his outer speakersystems. "But what interests me is why I was summoned here?"

Razorclaw turned to look at Mindwipe and nodded. "Perhaps you should enlighten Trypticon and the Stunticons?"
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

The Stunticons disembarked, and Motormaster elbowed his way to the front of the group across from Mindwipe and the Predacons.

"Astrotrain put a Headmaster in charge?" the truck scoffed.

"Heh, a Headley," Drag Strip guffawed.

"Who cares about being in charge? We're still on this backwater planet anyway..." Dead End huffed.

Mindwipe flapped his wings in an agitated manner.

"Silence, fools!" Vorath piped up from inside Mindwipe's braincase. "Commander Astrotrain has dispatched Mindwipe, the Predacons, and now Trypticon along with you rabble to protect this planet," The Nebulan Leader ex post facto replied.

"Blah, much obliged Vorath," Mindwpe smiled a toothy grin, fangs showing prominently. "Indeed. Astrotrain has dispatched us here to safeguard this planet against Autobot attack. This planet holds a massive supply of a pivotal energy source which we can use against the Autobots. It must not fall into their hands."

"In't this kinda overkill?" Motormaster scratched his head. "Us, them animal bots, an' Big T?"

"No, it is not. If the Autobots arrive, we are to join battle. If we finish operations here, we are to evacuate the planet before they arrive," Mindwipe answered. "Razorclaw, should we construct a defensive perimeter around the Mines?"
Cryhavoc
Protoform

Post by Cryhavoc »

Razorclaw shook his head, turning to look at Mindwipe. "What for? Why to waste resources to build something here when we are destined to withdraw if the Autobots show up."
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Mindwipe shrugged.

"So it will look like the Autobots we aren't simply setting them up when they arrive here...if we are to make the destruction of Titan look convincing, we have to make it seem as if everything is normal- minus the Titanese population being there of course; they'd have already been evacuated to our shuttles."
Cryhavoc
Protoform

Post by Cryhavoc »

"Hrmph... doesn't the very fact that we have Trypticon here suffice? Do the Autobots really need more proof that we are serious than that?" Razorclaw asked from Mindwipe and turned to take a look at the enormous Decepticon battlestation parked only a hundred meter or so away from them.
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Mindwipe scowled.

"I merely wish to make certain we do not become overconfident," the bat flapped his wings airily. "Should we begin the evacuation of the Titanese?"
Cryhavoc
Protoform

Post by Cryhavoc »

"Keep your cool Mindwipe. I was merely offering you my opinion of this situation. You are still in charge here." Razorclaw said and opened his jaws to yawn like lions on planet Earth.

"I couldn't care less when we evacuate these flesh creatures... but if we going along with maximizing our cover... I say we don't evacuate before our long range radars spot Autobots heading here." The Predacons leader said and turned his gaze towards the hypnotist and then towards Motormaster...

"Or what do you two have to say?"
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Motormaster shrugged.

"Don't matter to me. The Stunticons can take the Autobots any time, any place, and twice on Sunday!"

Dead End laughed.

"Isn't that a vote of confidence!"

Motormaster wheeled on Dead End.

"Shut up!" He roared. "I won't tolerate this kinda of stuff in my squad!"

Mindwipe hastily broke in:

"Blah, yes, that sounds reasonable, Razorclaw. We'll just have to be alert- if and when the Autobots decide to reclaim this planet."
Cryhavoc
Protoform

Post by Cryhavoc »

Razorclaw nodded. "Yes. I think it is enough that we keep guard here. How many times Galvatron built any installations to the worlds he was raiding? I can't think of any. Besides... shouldn't the Titanese put more trust upon us if they see us engaging our common enemy without any assisting equipment to hide behind?"
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Mindwipe nodded.

"Blah, good point. The Titanese would trust us more. It's just...well, as you can see, I'm not built for combat as easily as the rest of you."

"Don't understimate Mindwipe's false show of cowardice," Vorath spoke up. "His hypnotic powers have been used quite well in combat- in certain situations. Remember, Astrotrain didn't mean for you to lead the charge against the Autobots- just help run this unit."

Mindwipe paused.

"True. In any case, Razorclaw, I agree."

Motormaster crossed his arms.

"Galvatron didn't build much, I reckon. More like tore everything up, and whooped on his troops when they had some sense to try to reason with him."
Cryhavoc
Protoform

Post by Cryhavoc »

"Bah... I could have used some action and now you say we can't even attack the Autobots if they show up." Tantrum grunted with frustration in his tone.

"True. But in his last months of existance Galvatron did redeem himself in my optics." Razorclaw responded to Motormaster.

Meanwhile Divebomb kept examining on of the powercrystals in his hands. "You sure the shuttle load of these is enough Mindwipe? Should fill Trypticon with these too?"
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Motormaster shrugged.

"I guess. D'be better if Megatron was back in charge, though. Wish he weren't dead," the truck muttered.

Mindwipe pondered.

"Blah, good question. I'll ask Trypticon- how would you feel about storing potentially dangerous Power Crystals in your hold for the voyage home? They would do well in our hands against the Autobots, though I can't say it's without some risk to you, Trypticon."
Cryhavoc
Protoform

Post by Cryhavoc »

"I never really served under Megatron. We... the Predacons were created after he left to pursue the Ark and when he was revived we were running Shockwave's biddings on Cybertron. I never met him in person before he was turned to Galvatron but I have heard many of our Decepticon brothers praising him." Razorclaw spoke to Motormaster.

Meanwhile, Trypticon didn't consider Mindwipe's suggestion for long. "I fear nothing Mindwipe. Transporting those crystals should not provide fatal if my defenses are not penetrated first... which is something I hardly see happening. If the Empire needs these crystals I will obey."
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Motormaster beamed.

"The Boss was always great. I mean, he created us first of all- even had his gang snatch bodies for us an' everything. Megatron always respected 'bots who put forward effort- and the Stunticons always did what was asked of 'em! I made it a point when Megatron said 'do this' it got done!"

Motormaster smiled.

"Megatron was the best, Razorclaw. Hot damn, was he tough as nails. I mean, sure, I'm King of the Road and everything, but he was somethin' else."

"Please, try not to be too modest- as if matters," Dead End rolled his optics.

Mindwipe nodded.

"Thank you, Trypticon. We'll begin loading the Power Crystals in a moment."
Cryhavoc
Protoform

Post by Cryhavoc »

The loading of the power crystals into Trypticon had began and even the Predacons, although with some resistance on their behalf before getting educated by Razorclaw had started to carry their share of the power crystals into the cargoholds of Trypticon.

Meanwhile Trypticon himself had commenced several of his service drones to keep watch on the crystals boarded inside him in order to detect even the slighest danger they might provide.

>"Tell me Mindwipe... would I be able to fire these crystals? If their destructive capacity is what I have been told of... I could destroy Fortress Maximus or Metroplex with few shots with these..."
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Mindwipe thought.

"Blah, I don't really know. Astrotrain said they were very powerful...but I don't know about side effects."
Cryhavoc
Protoform

Post by Cryhavoc »

>"Well then... I suppose we must take these crystals to Cybertron to be experienced upon then as we don't have any scientists onboard."< Trypticon boomed through his speakers.

>"Tell me... how do these Titanese feel about our presence?"<
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

"Blah, the Titanese are greatful for us being here," Mindwipe replied.
Cryhavoc
Protoform

Post by Cryhavoc »

"It is done Mindwipe. Trypticon has been loaded with a number of power crystals that still allows the evacuation process of this moon taking place if needed." Razorclaw, this time in his robot form, spoke.

"I took the liberty of having the shuttles within Trypticon's hangar to be prepared for possible transportation purposes as well. Yet there is one thing that keeps me wondering..." The Predacons leader spoke, his optics shifting slightly in color.

"Why the Autobots haven't tried to interfere?"