I cannot find my glue.

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sades

I cannot find my glue.

Post by Sades »

Okay, so. I started this morning off at 6:30 and drove Hound to work. Then I came home and rolled the child out of bed. I'm usually not such a jerk but she wasn't moving and I was feeling full of beans today so I marched around her room and did the beginning of this, as a bit, very loud, exaggerated (without vocables because I'm really bad at them and without the hand drum because I don't have one but if I had one I TOTALLY WOULD HAVE USED IT FOR GREAT HILARITY). She was not amused, but I was :D.

After some more ridiculous (and some mild threats to after-school screen-time), she was up. Made her some soup for lunch while she took care of morning stuff, made sure she had her mittens and touque (she hates them and tries to leave them home but it was only -16c so I knew they'd have an outdoor recess and this child likes to throw herself into snowbanks, so) and she was out. and then I started making some earrings. And this is where the title comes in.

I can't find my glue. So I started looking through the baskets holding containers of beads on my shelf, nothing. Travel container with a couple pairs of earrings on the go and some extra stuff, nope. So I opened the storage ottoman, where I keep random crafty stuff. Then I realised how much DISORGANISED PAPER there is in there. I hate paper.

Old receipts, things I need to shred, random colouring sheets, half-coloured, kid drawings that I want to keep but never put away properly, sheets of paper I've jotted notes or recipes down on. TOO MUCH.

Also a bunch of random craft stuff I think I don't use that is just taking up space and should probably go to donation, a blanket I've been meaning to fix, a couple of books I'm neglecting to read, a drawing tablet and a Polaroid camera (still in box) that I won in a contest that I have no idea what to do with.

So I started tidying and organising. Then I had a thought and I turned to my computer, I'm sure I meant to look something up but I ended up here instead. I ate some nuts and wasted time. I'm still wasting time! Acccckkkkkkkkkk

I have half-finished earrings sitting in front of me.

I'm currently surrounded by paper, and bags, and baskets.

And I'm now ignoring ALL OF IT.

And I still have to find my glue! I may still be procrastinating.

This did not turn out at all like I was thinking it was going to but eh. It's too quiet here anyway.

Lose anything lately? Procrastinating? Stop. Don't be me. I'm a fuckup. :p
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Re: I cannot find my glue.

Post by Auntie Slag »

Last edited by Auntie Slag on Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

I lost a chunk of work for a job. I thought I'd saved it to my hard drive, and so went and formatted the SD card the work was on LIKE A CHUMP because there was still plenty of space on the card... but I was in the habit of keeping things clean. I realised by the end of the week what I'd done and no amount of searching the card brought up the files because that space had already been overwritten.

I also lost Thrust's fists. Used to keep all my TF accessories in a glass jar so it was easy to spot each robots weapons etc. but poor Thrust will never fist anyone again.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Sometimes I babble, eh.

I am always finding random weapons and missiles and things lying around. No idea who they belong to anymore, toss them in a bag because “I’ll figure it out someday”…