MP-10 Prime Convoy

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

It probably does make for a more impressive vehicle mode display piece than the original MP1, I suppose it just depends on how often you transform him.

That's not to do the toy down though, far from it. I've certainly never regretted owning a second MP Prime. I suppose I should look into selling the first, but I have a certain fondness as (IIRC) he was my first ever Ebay purchase and I suspect the original stack-less American release is basically worthless now.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

inflatable dalek wrote:It probably does make for a more impressive vehicle mode display piece than the original MP1, I suppose it just depends on how often you transform him.

That's not to do the toy down though, far from it. I've certainly never regretted owning a second MP Prime. I suppose I should look into selling the first, but I have a certain fondness as (IIRC) he was my first ever Ebay purchase and I suspect the original stack-less American release is basically worthless now.
Yep, worthless. My address is... ;)

I own both the original MP OP (the battle damaged one that first came out here) and the UK issue MP10. I think MP10 is probably going to be the better toy overall (mine is still in its box on display due to space issues), but MP01 has some nice design features too, and is just, well, bigger. I don't plan to part with either any time soon.
Wreck and Rule!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Got him this afternoon and yeh, he's pretty tidy. Niggles are that some of the chest's a bit fiddly with very little clearance and that something just looks slightly off about the gun. Aside from that he's pure awesome - the trailer was a pleasant surprise; I assumed it was literally a prop from the comments here but it's actually awesome. I mean, it's back in the box and will never come out again but it's still awesome.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Surprised you're that impressed by it tbh, one thing I was reminded of in your comparison pics on Facebook was the inside isn't even as colourful as the original toy. It's a nice grey box, but that's pretty much what it is.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

He is very nifty indeed. It's not the second coming as some are viewing him as, but he is very good.

One hint----the matrix chamber door is meant to be flipped up with the grill as well in truck mode, despite looking like it doesn't matter either way. It allows for some more clearance and a tighter parts fit in truck mode.

Gun is a bit weird and maybe a tad undersized for the folding up gimmick, but I do appreciate how that gives the gun a storage space instead of just lying around in truck mode.

Little Spike is fun extra for MP Bumblebee and/or FT Soar as well.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, I'm quite fond of Spike TBH - overall it's a nice package and bits like him, the trailer, Roller etc. make it feel a bit less like I've just spend a bomb on a smaller version of a toy I already have. I've always quite liked G1 Prime's trailer so to have one which can interact with other things a little more reliably is a nice bonus.

Regarding the gun, it's another one of the things that keeps MP from SOC levels to my mind - if the toy was an SoC you'd have the foldable gun and a pimped-out solid version too. If I have one criticism of the MP cars it's that this obsession with weapons storage, the idea that little Timmy will be putting out for one of these after watching AoE on DVD and can't be trusted to remember where he put the accessories when the figure's in vehicle mode.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Cliffjumper wrote:Regarding the gun, it's another one of the things that keeps MP from SOC levels to my mind - if the toy was an SoC you'd have the foldable gun and a pimped-out solid version too. If I have one criticism of the MP cars it's that this obsession with weapons storage, the idea that little Timmy will be putting out for one of these after watching AoE on DVD and can't be trusted to remember where he put the accessories when the figure's in vehicle mode.
Yeah, instead SOCs come with separate stands on which all the accessories simply rest on, allowing you to send them all flying if you hit it by accident.

Fortunately Ironhide seems to be going for this approach.

Also I don't know if it's just in mine, but I can never seem to get that door closed properly with the gun inside.