[Original RPG] Redemption: The Hammer Strikes (Kalis)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
verytired

Post by verytired »

Mug looked at Perceptor with a quizzical expression, like a dog that had been shown a card trick. He had no referrent for anything that was happening. What ever that thing was in the horizon, he couldn't comprehend it. What ever this scientist was saying...
"Fighting," Mug sighed, "Is all I know."
Despite this comment, Mug stayed where he was. he wanted to see what Perceptor would say next. Fighting had killed all his allies, and he was now drastically outnumbered. He was tired, wounded and curious. He stayed in his fighting crouch, waiting for the next development in this most unique of days in his short existence.
verytired

Post by verytired »

And, as fast as the Plasma Energy rose into the air, with all it’s roar and fury, it deflated in silence, falling back in on itself like a tent that’s lost its support. It left a glow behind it though, and the clouds were still broken apart to expose the star lit skies and the last of the battle that raged in the heavens above…

(Again, see the Iacon thread for the climax to the last ditch attempt at annihilation from the Quintessons).
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Council Ruins

Smokescreen was less than happy with Stratus's response, but figured that there would probably be a better time to remind the Minicon that the Autobot army had dozens of members smaller than him who were willing to fight.

When Stratus moved to distract his partner, Smokescreen hefted his clublike piece of debris and swung it down at Aero Blade's head with as much force as his seriously injured body could muster.
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Near the garrison

Overrdie rolled to the left, rising to one feet and firing his remaining weapon towards Hooper's.

" I'm not a coward, scrap! " the triggerbot yelled.

Behind the knock-off, Dogfight discivered Hopperd attacking his partner.

" Override! " Dogfight exclamed, while firing a small burst of bullets - as a distraction attack - towards Hopper.
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

council ruins

Perceptor paused momentarily as he considered Mugs' reply.

"Pity. Our respective species' cooperation would have been highly and mutually beneficial. There are bounteous facets to existance besides war... alas, those fallen may never enjoy them, pointless death is such improvidence."

He looked towards Iacon. "It would appear we both have escaped one potential demise. Perhaps it is a fortuitous omen. Care to believe in that ?.. erm... what is your name ?"

(ooc : almost offered him an energon goodie :p)
Aero Blade

Council Ruins

Post by Aero Blade »

The frantic flight patterns of Stratus was more important to Aero Blade at the moment, as though he was trying to figure out what the minicon was attempting to communicate with his actions. Once Smokescreen had nearly closed the distance, his movements caught Aero Blade's attention again and the tech quickly began to swing around to retaliate.

Smokescreen had already managed to get in past Aero Blade's range to strike with the makeshift 'sword', so all he could do now was to try to knock his assailant aside with some extra leverage provided by holding the metal shard. Smokescreen had inevitably struck first, and Aero not being well built for combat took the blow pretty hard, dropping the younger bot to the floor almost immediately.

As Aero Blade went offline again and his optics faded back to the blank, black band, Stratus ceased his activities and flew back down to check on his partner's condition. After investigating him for a moment, Stratus didn't seem to find anything concerning, a sign that Aero Blade seemed to be alright for the moment.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Council Ruins

As Aero fell to the ground, Smokescreen stood over the other Autobot until he was sure he wouldn't be getting back up. Then the tactician took a few steps back and dropped heavily into a sitting position, suddenly feeling infinitely fatigued and weary.

And I'm in better shape than most of them. We need to get out of here, and quickly.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Council Ruins

Stratus now for the most part seemed to be trying his best to ignore Smokescreen's presence, probably about the verbal exchange they had earlier. His partner's condition was more important at the moment, anyways.

Aero Blade was only offline for a few moments longer before he began to wake up, giving a muted, painful groan as he pushed himself off the ground and into a sitting possition. He rubbed the back of his head where he'd been struck twice now before his optics came back online, looking about dizzily as he tried to place whre he was now, as though disoriented by a change in the surroundings. The red color was gone now, replaced by his original crystal blue optic tone.

"Smokescreen?" Aero Blade asked aloud in a bit of a haze, seeming lost. Hadn't he been fighting someone else before he'd been KOed? Aero hadn't noticed the fallen body a good distance away from them now, but after a moment to fit the vauge pieces together his processor decided Smokescreen presence was responsible for his previous opponent's absence. "..You got him.....Thanks..."
verytired

Post by verytired »

Mug stared at Perceptor agog with confusion.
"If you're not going to kill me Transformer," he spat, "I will take my leave. I cannot do aught else but fight. It is what I am made for. Omens are for those who can think of something else."
Mug then turned slowly, and began to walk away...

Garrison
Hoppers ascension was cut short by the staccato blasts of Dogfights machine gun raking across his leg, and hindering his trajectory. He threw his sword down at his original target, Override, and tried to bring his Laser gun to bear on the attacking jet.
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

Council ruins

Perceptor cocked an eyebrow at the back of Mugs' head as he walked away. "How much scope do you accord allowing for your current condition ?" He called after him. "Leave, and you will expeditiously collapse from your injuries. Conjointly, I question you shall discover others of my kind willing to offer more than swift oblivion."

Perceptor moved to collect his minigun. "I will not reiterate my proposition of assistance. You will be persecuted and ultimately, destroyed." He opened a com channel, and transmitted outloud "Cosmos, kindly monitor the absconding quintesson at my location."

He picked up the minigun, and without aiming it towards Mug, he concluded "Refuse yourself time to learn of alternatives to war, and time will not be on your side."
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Highway near the Garrison

Though the threat of destructive energy far off seemed to ebb away, Ratchet scanned the horizon to reassure himself that the anomaly had subsided and that there was no impending danger.

Once the datastream retrieved from his diagnostics found little trace of plasma energy, aside from bits positronic residues and radiation left in its wake, Ratchet allowed himself to relax.

“Well, folks,” Ratchet sighed out in relief, looking to Buzzsaw and Bluestreak, Dirge still being unconscious. “It would seem that we have eluded oblivion once again.”

With the small remote device still firmly pressed between his fingers, Ratchet swung his arm toward one of the proximity disks that was generating the energy dome around the party and pressed down on its switch.

All four of the proximity disks disengaged and the protective dome dematerialized.

“I guess we won’t be needing this,” he said embarrassingly, feeling that he may have jumped the gun a bit. “Heh, heh…ummm, guess I can be a bit over-protective at times.”

(OOC: Hey, it's plasma energy after all!)

----

Since the concussive trauma that Dirge suffered during his crash, as well as other critical injuries he acquired along the way, were attended to earlier, Ratchet had moved on to any minor indo-structuring and exterior damage remaining that he was able repair given the available resources.

After applying the necessary trauma buffers around the remaining cydrallics that had been damaged due to the crash, Ratchet placed the designated panels back over Dirge’s exposed inner-workings that the combat medic had focused on, sealing them off tightly. Dirge’s wings, along with extensive body work, would require a full med-bay and a little time in a CR chamber to recuperate.

Ratchet gently closed the small compartment on Dirge’s chest after tinkering with the tiny control panel within to rouse him out of stasis lock. “Dirge?” Ratchet whispered. “Dirge? Welcome back to the land of moving parts.”

---

Looking away from his patient for a moment, Ratchet tapped his audio receiver to open an com-link to the entire party.

“This is Ratchet. I'm not sure what just happened, but all is well here on the highway towards the Garrison. Transport still required to relocate the injured.”
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

(OOC: That wraps up the Reclamation story arc! Check out my announcement at the top of our forums to see what happens next.)

**Closed!**