[Original RPG] Detente: City Upon a Hill (Iacon)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Autobase Administration

The ancient fortress had been well-designed and well-maintained, and the administration chamber was one of its more secure nooks. The architects had realized that ranking Autobots were likely to spend great amounts of time there, and so the walls were especially thick to prevent casualties in the event of a Decepticon attack. As a consequence, it would be difficult for the occupants to hear the rumbling engine of someone approaching, though the security monitor within would betray anyone trying to sneak in.

As much as he appreciated a grand entrance, he realized this difficulty and made little attempt at stealth.

The door whisked open, and he stepped just far enough in to let it close behind him and leaned against the doorjam with folded arms.

“Fancy seein’ you here,” a familiar voice addressed Optimus. A characteristic smirk graced Jazz’ face.
Flec's selling a lot of RID, Armada, and Energon, and a few G1 toys. 'S all I'm sayin'.
The TFArchive RPG - "the most popular part of the site[!]" - Skywarp. Darn tootin'.
Chip1123
Protoform

Nova Prime Avenue

Post by Chip1123 »

Highbrow landed nearby in the lot where most of the Autobots had gathered and transformed into his robot mode. A few Autobots such as Prowl were still on their way to the rendevous point.

"Did everyone inside make it out?" He inquired. "My sensors indicate that the bomb will be going off shortly."
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Autobase

~Adminstration Chamber~

As Optimus Prime continued to monitor Autobot activity throughout the planet, Jazz entered the room in a manner that was only characteristic to the Autobot.

“Ah, Jazz. Well, it appears that I was mistaken - the senior staff are still in Autobase,” Optimus told him. “Have you a report for me, Jazz? Or is this a more genial visit?”
___

Tzai Industry Holdings

~Boardroom, Top Floor~

As Banzaitron sat patiently in his recliner, a small light flashed on the com system affixed to his desk.

“Let him proceed,” he told his receptionist on the other line.

He continued to wait until door to the boardroom slid open.

“Nice set-up you got here, BT,” Doubledealer said as he entered the room.

“Prompt as always. Excellent,” Banzaitron stood up and extended his hand out to mercenary.

“So, what’s the gig?” Doubledealer inquired.

“As I told you earlier, a basic commission,” Banzaitron answered. “I require a certain mechanoid to be tracked. More specifically, one of my own.”

“Who? Axer?”

“No. A bodyguard and pupil of mine, and a valued member of the organization,” Banzaitron told him. “His designation is Blades. He currently is on his way to a prearranged meeting - the nature of which, and with whom, I am uncertain. Though I presume it entails our more…sordid affairs.”

“So, you want me to snuff out this Blades of yours, eh?” Doubledealer queried.

“Absolutely not,” Banzaitron snapped in return. “The organization has spent much time and resources on him. And unless the situation dictates it so, nor do I want those he calls together exterminated. I simply wish to know who he is meeting with and the details of their exchange.”

“However, in the likely event of an ambush, which I have reason to suspect, I do not wish my pupil to be detained. Even if my student is more than capable of managing an attack, the organization cannot afford his capture, let alone the attention. If a conflict ensues, or the potential of one arising, then you will run interference, contain Blades, and bring him back to me. Am I understood?”

“Yeah, sure, makes sense to me,” Doubledealer replied. “But if this Blades fellow is your student, I doubt he’ll come along peacefully.”

“I suspect he wouldn’t. You will need this,” Banzaitron placed a small remote device in the mercenary’s hand. “Since he is the property of The Tzai, I have taken some…personal liberties upon Blades. Blades has been instructed to follow a strict regimen under my tutelage. Within his neo-cortex exists the program in which he was able to learn my arts, as well as an instrument I am free to use in order to…tame him. The device you hold in your hand is much like the remote device built within me. It will administer an electro-convulsive prompt into Blades neural processor. At the appropriate frequency, it will sedate him. Do not hesitate to use it, Dealer. When you are done, bring him to my estate."

(OOC: Tzai Estate is where he will be once he leaves here)

When he looked upon the remote, Dealer, though he did not state it outright, was repulsed by the notion that Banzaitron would violate his own student’s brain that way. In fact, it was how he controlled many of his followers, something that Dealer was also well aware of.

“Yikes, nasty little device. You’re a real piece of work, you know that, BT,” Doubledealer quipped.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Autobot Security HQ

Grotusque nodded

"Thanks for the offer, I don't think we'd have any trouble with Powerflash if I came with you he'd take one look at me and run away. I just need a quick private word with Smokey here first though."
Optimist Prime

Post by Optimist Prime »

Autobot Security HQ

"Alright. Suit yourself."

Sureshot headed for the door and paused outside to see if Getaway was coming.

Even if there's no trouble at the prison, at least I've an excuse to get out of here for a bit. I'm sure I can scrounge up some action somewhere.
Sunshine and lolipops are the right of all sentient beings.
wyze2099
Protoform

Post by wyze2099 »

Punch, Iacon Medical and Research

It seemed he was being welcomed into the fold with little fanfare, which was just fine with him. They just needed to get a few details ironed out. Punch waited patiently, though he couldn't help but make a subtle talky-mouth-flap hand gesture behind Sunstreaker's back as the latter ranted.

"I'm pretty good at background research," he replied at the mention of scouring records. "So maybe I could do that."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Iacon Medical and Research

"If you think you're up for it, then you're welcome to the job" Whirl told Punch. "You know how to find the Archives Building, right?"

He waved a claw toward Topspin and Broadside. "I think we're good to go. You guys wanna swing by Debris and stock up on ammo before we head out?"

Autobase Security HQ

Smokescreen chuckled. "Well, hey, we all know how you feel about mirrors, right?" he asked Grotusque. Shrugging, he said, "I've read some of the reports on Mirror Universes myself, and found them...interesting, if not particularly likely. Red Alert wrote one a few years back where he used statistical analysis to predict one where Optimus Prime was a genocidal madman, Hot Rod acted just like Starscream and Megatron predicted the whole thing using psychohistory, but no one believed him." He shook his head. "The things people come up with..."

He turned to Getaway and said, "You'll need transit authorization to go within a few kilometres of the prison. Also, signed orders from a senior officer telling him exactly what you're doing there. I'll print out the forms for you." He pushed a few buttons, and one of the room's printers started to hum.

"We can step into my office," Smokescreen told Grotusque, getting up and leading the way toward a door in the back of the room. "Well, Ironhide's office actually. My office is over in the Decagon, but they've got me chained in here babysitting security for him while he's on leave."

Nova Prime Avenue

Crosshairs burst out of the building, tore into the abandoned lot where the evacuees were gathering and transformed beside Highbrow.

"There's still a couple others coming," he told the Headmaster. "They were right behind us, though."

I hope.

Streets

Snarl shrugged, then followed Grimlock down the street.

Maybe a fight will break out at the bar, he thought eagerly.
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Autobase Administration

Jazz pushed himself from his spot on the wall and sauntered deeper into the chamber.

"Little a' both," he told Optimus while taking a seat at the security control console. "How you been, man? I heard you were back, but y'know, I been out on business."

Jazz turned his head toward his leader and friend to listen sincerely to his response, while his fingers worked efficiently at the console to mute the microphones around the room. He suspected outside parties were listening, and he wanted to squelch their efforts.
Flec's selling a lot of RID, Armada, and Energon, and a few G1 toys. 'S all I'm sayin'.
The TFArchive RPG - "the most popular part of the site[!]" - Skywarp. Darn tootin'.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Autobor Security HQ

Grotusque nodded

"Don't mind if I do , I heard about the psychohistory turns out it had no foundation.

Streets

Grimlock stalked down the centre of the road ignoring the traffic, other road users and anything else that had the misfortune to stray into his path.

Nova Prime Avenue

Chainclaw and Landfill ran out of the building

Iacon Medical Research

Overdrive nodded

"I think We should follow 'Busters first law of battle. The more weapons and ammo the better."

Screens across town

Airplays report streamed across tri-dee screens.

B]Imperiall Cinema [/B]

In screen 1 the lights dimmed and the credits rolled on the inaugral showing in Iacon of The Longest Cycle

A sweeping wartime epic highlighting Autobot and Decepticon co-operation against a common enemy with Gigatron playing a key part in defeating the Quintessons and the implication that mechs currently loyal to Megatron had been responsible for the loss of the Warworld. It was a subtle implication but it was there anyway.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »