[Site] Glossary Submissions

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?
zigzagger

Glossary Submissions

Post by zigzagger »

The TFA-RPG Glossary is up on our very own wiki-page, and it is slowly expanding itself.
http://tfarchive.com/rpg/site/glossary

Would you like to help? Or simply posit some constructive criticism?

If you wish to add some submissions to be uploaded, here are some helpful suggestions. Hopefully they seem reasonable enough.

1) It would probably be best to keep these short and concise (about a paragraph), though there may be some exceptions. Though I know some subjects, items, etc may have extensive history behind them, try to keep them somewhat short (I'll do my damnedest to do the same ;)). And really, it keeps the glossary accessible.

2) Topics may include: items, technology, species, terminology and commonly used expressions and colloquialisms (am I missing something?). But most importantly, make certain they pertain to the RPG-verse, or are at least compatible with it. In other words, just try to keep canon references flexible or vague as possible, since we're attempting to merge outside (and often clashing) continuities into our little universe here. Starscrafts, etc, are already covered in the Ships and Transport section on the RPG Wiki - though ship TYPES are probably okay. With the exception to the Matrix(s) - god-like super abilities and weapons/plot-devices that haven't been previously established here or okay-ed by the staff are probably things to avoid (besides, stuff like the Plasma Energy Chamber already have and entry in the Locations page). Standard weapons are fine - though chances are that extensive details regarding character specific weapons can be, or will be, covered in more detail in the Character pages.

Anything else?

Other than that, have fun. I know I am :)
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Cool. Then Blackjack's gonna help with the 'red pages' then. Needs help for the Triple changers. Who's considered one? Again as usual, whether these are used is up to the mods. I know damn well that these are gonna need improvement ;).

Fusion Cannon

The fusion cannon is an immensly powerful hand-mounted weapon used by Megatron, the leader of the Decepticons. It draws it's power interdimensionally from a black hole.

Junkion

The Junkions are a race of Autobot-affliated Transformers living on the planet of Junk. Led by Wreck-Gar, the Junkions live on trash and speak in snippets from human television shows. Known Junkions include:

-Wreck-Gar
-Avanti
-Nitro
-Nancy
-Detritus

Null Ray

The Null Ray is able to stop any non-sentient machine from working. It is the weapon of choice of Decepticon Air Commander Starscream.

Reformat

Sometimes it is necessary for a transformer to change his alternate mode. Perhaps it is for disguise, or for additional combat powers, or for sentimental reasons. When a transformer is so badly injured it is necessary to change his alternate mode. If the equipment is available, virtually any transformer could reformat themselves.

Six Changer

A sixchanger is a transformer able to transform between six distinct alternate modes. The first is Sixshot, as a result of Shockwave's experiment. Known Six changers are:

-Sixshot
-Quickswitch
-Gigatron

Slag

Slag is a swear word in transformer language. It is not to be confused with the Dinobot of the same name.

Spark

The spark is the essence and soul of a Transformer. If it is extinguished, the transformer dies. Occasionally aspects of the spark can be copied to disks, in which it is called 'personality components'.

At times, sparks may split into two or more during creation, resulting in what is known as 'siblings'.

Triple Changer

Triple changers are transformers with two distinct alternate modes, in addition to the robot mode. Those known specifically as Triple changers include:

-Astrotrain
-Blitzwing
-Broadside
-Octane
-Sandstorm
-Springer

Stasis Lock

When a transformer goes into stasis lock, he is between life or death. He can be repaired, but too long in stasis lock may lead to death or permanent damage.
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Slag
Frag

Am I bad?
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

zigzagger wrote:Slag
Frag

Am I bad?
Ooh! You're using offensive words! :p

Seriously, though, I will use more of the words 'frag' and 'slag' in my RPG posts.

Speaking of offensive Cybertronian, you forgot Springer's line from one of the Spotlights: "Sparkless Spawn of a glitch."

Oh, and look who's working overtime! Ziggy's filled up most of the glossary!:clap::clap:
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Blackjack wrote:"Sparkless Spawn of a glitch."
Hmm. I just might have to add that. And there will always be more, it's an ongoing sort of thing.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Alright, so I'm looking through the red links and I see the term "cydraulic". I have my own theories on what that is, but I have the nagging suspicion I could be wrong (could it be something along the lines of a being a cross between a hydraulic system and acting as the "bones" to a mechanoid's body). Your thoughts....please?
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

No idea what that is... Sorry.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

@ optimusskids

Hey, you mind coming up with some brief definitions for the CBC and Ruthless Class Imperial Battleship. The CBC entry could probably be redirected to the factions page, but I felt it was a good idea to have the acronym in the glossary section.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

A weapons page is up in the glossary, with sub-links to weapon types.
http://tfarchive.com/rpg/site/glossary/weapons

It's a start, and naturally other categories can be added.

Please, feel free to make any suggestions or submissions.
Lady Quickswitch

definition of Primitive

Post by Lady Quickswitch »

I'd like to contribute this definition to the glossary:

Primitive - A Transformer with an animal alternate mode and instincts.