[New RPG] Monstructor and Co.

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?
MortalTreason

Monstructor and Co.

Post by MortalTreason »

Hello all! Just your friendly neighborhood newbie dropping in with a question. I've picked up three of the six pretender monsters and so I have a few questions about them.

1. Where should they start? I was thinking they should be permanent inmates at Smokescreen's hospital/asylum. Not sure about that though.
2. What should they be called instead of pretender monsters, they can't be pretenders yet and I'm not even sure I would turn them into pretenders in the first place. I was thinking Monstercon but it's waayyy too close to the Monsterbots for my taste
3. Should they be the first combiners like in IDW or should we have an entirely new back story for them?

Anyway let me know what you guys think!
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

1. Can't help you with that one yet.
2. I would wait with turning them into Pretenders when they get to Earth. Their monster modes would help well with scaring humans away from Decepticon bases and such :)
3. Don't think Warcry, Blackjack and I would mind taking a crack at discovering combiner tech :D Tarantulas needs some test subjects anyway :lol:
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
MortalTreason

Post by MortalTreason »

bump. Anyone else? I'd like to start going with em. :sweatdrop
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Missed this somehow. Sorry. :(

1: I'd love to have them in Smokescreen's hospital. Do you suppose he's trying to give them therapy?

2: I suppose this depends on what their backstory is. Are they a team already, or do you think they'll unite as a group after their inevitable escape from custody?

3: If you want to go that route I'd enjoy helping out with the mad science, although right now you're short half the team. Would this be more of a long-term scheme on your end?
MortalTreason

Post by MortalTreason »

Warcry wrote:Missed this somehow. Sorry. :(

1: I'd love to have them in Smokescreen's hospital. Do you suppose he's trying to give them therapy?

2: I suppose this depends on what their backstory is. Are they a team already, or do you think they'll unite as a group after their inevitable escape from custody?

3: If you want to go that route I'd enjoy helping out with the mad science, although right now you're short half the team. Would this be more of a long-term scheme on your end?
Lol no worries mate! If I were allowed to pick up all of them I'd give em a shot. I've written a bit of a back story for them. Slog, Wildfly, and Icepick were pysch inmates. The other three could have been there for therapy or something like that. Then some evil scientist breaks them out and experiments on them. Until then I doubt they would have had much contact.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

We have a surplus of evil crazy scientists in the Decepticon force. Scorponok, Predacon, Tarantulas, Thunderwing... ;)

Team Science FTW!

Predacon's just perfected the organic Pretender shell, but combiners, well, one scary gimmick at a time, eh? :)
MortalTreason

Post by MortalTreason »

Blackjack wrote:We have a surplus of evil crazy scientists in the Decepticon force. Scorponok, Predacon, Tarantulas, Thunderwing... ;)

Team Science FTW!

Predacon's just perfected the organic Pretender shell, but combiners, well, one scary gimmick at a time, eh? :)
Fair enough, I wasn't planning on turning them into pretenders for a while. I'll probably just play them while they're interned in the assylum. BTW would it be possible for me to pick up the other three?
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Ah, Slog, crazy sculpting artist of doom...
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

MortalTreason wrote:BTW would it be possible for me to pick up the other three?
You've only got six character slots available until you've been here for a year, so they'd take up your entire roster.