[New RPG] Backstories and pre-war roles

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Death's Sand Wedge?
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Death Sandwich, Darth Sass, Debt Sources (appropriate given his RPG role)...

Skywarp can call Diet Sardines whatever he wants, it's perfectly in character. Just not to his face...
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Seth Dorus?

Depth Sortid?

Deathy McGee?

Sortid Deathfairs?

Deathers Johnson?

Saurichio Death Toro?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

This is some lame rip off of Wildfire Herald, right?

Not only is the RPG trying to do everything the old RPG did now it's trying to do what the old posters on the forum did.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Yeah, guys. This Transforming robot game is serious business. There will be no joking around on the forums.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Blaster wrote:This is some lame rip off of Wildfire Herald, right?
You do realize that it's not 2003 anymore and I'm the only one here who has the slightest clue what you're talking about?
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Warcry wrote:You do realize that it's not 2003 anymore and I'm the only one here who has the slightest clue what you're talking about?
Whats a Wildfire or a Herald, or a '2003' for that matter
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2
MortalTreason

Post by MortalTreason »

Selkadoom wrote:Whats a Wildfire or a Herald, or a '2003' for that matter
Is it food?
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Warcry wrote:You do realize that it's not 2003 anymore and I'm the only one here who has the slightest clue what you're talking about?
So you see the similarities then and are obviously as worried about the new crop of posters' inability to not do the same jokes that were done 8 years ago. =|
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
tahukanuva

Post by tahukanuva »

I think, Blaster, that your determination to avoid any and all similarities to what's happened before hampers you far more than the rest of us who are perfectly content to do what we want regardless of whether it's new or not.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

tahukanuva wrote:I think, Blaster, that your determination to avoid any and all similarities to what's happened before hampers you far more than the rest of us who are perfectly content to do what we want regardless of whether it's new or not.
If I wanted to change everything I wouldn't be playing the same characters using the same names and same colour schemes.

All I am changing is everything the old RPG did because otherwise what was the point?
tahukanuva

Post by tahukanuva »

But the thing is, we're not the old RPG. Besides yourself, Brave, and the mods (excluding Clogs) I've probably been here the longest and most of the old game still happened before I showed up. We won't (and likely can't) do what the old RPG did because we didn't do it the first time.

As a fresh, different group we're going to have different things we want a Transformers story to do. And in the time since the old game was actually doing.... anything, we've had the live-action films, Animated, War for Cybertron, and IDW come out with a ton of distinctive elements in each of them that we can pick and choose and mix in with the classic Transformers elements (gladiator Megatron, Sentinel preceding Optimus) and the new stuff we've come up with on our own (Deathy as a crime boss, Smokescreen as a therapist, Ginrai as a cyborg monkey) into a distinct whole.