[New RPG] Transformers vs. Humans

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Don't Matter; it's Snake-Eyes.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Little question: When we do get to Earth, and some of the players decide to pick up humans, will it count against the eight-character-roster?

Personally I think that the independent minded, ah, salesmen among the Transformers like Swindle or Hubcap might deal with the humans, exchanging rudimentary weapons like 'mere' laser pistols for oil or stuff. I mean, what harm could that do, right?

Until some rogue Decepticon like, say, Tarantulas, comes by and teaches the humans how to properly use those big oversized laser pistols...
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Blackjack wrote:Little question: When we do get to Earth, and some of the players decide to pick up humans, will it count against the eight-character-roster?
Unhelpful answer: maybe. ;)

Do we want it to? Or do we want to create a separate quota for frail, useless flesh creatures human characters?
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Warcry wrote:Unhelpful answer: maybe. ;)

Do we want it to? Or do we want to create a separate quota for frail, useless flesh creatures human characters?
Suggestion time, then...

NPCs?

I know, I know, we've talked about this before but maybe the staff members can NPC human characters -- the obligatory Presidents/Prime Ministers of USA, Russia, North Korea and whatnot, the obligatory terrorists and stuff...

If we use/need them.

And, say, if a player like me wants to play, oh, I don't know... Agent Simmons? Galloway? Gee Bee Blackrock? Sam/Spike Witwicky? Verity Carlo? One of the more 'major' humans, it might count against their roster, or probably a separate quota of one to two humans.

Or something...
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

The thing is because we're starting afresh there's nothing to stop George Smedley Air Conditioning Salesman from Oaktree Nebraska or whoever from becoming a major character
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

tahukanuva wrote:Don't Matter; it's Snake-Eyes.
Agreed. :up:
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Personally, I'd set a seperate quota for Humans.
Say 2 additional characters, maybe max 1 fan-made, 1 .... "existing"?

As for when:

What about arriving as tensions are mounting/Brush-fire wars are raging. But trying to stay undercover... until full out war breaks out... and then it becomes almost impossible.
I mean, if you have someone like megs allying with say Russia, or even renegades, it could turn the tide of war, really easily ("Hey Megs, we'll give you all the production of oil from one well in Siberia.... if you blow up LA...."

Megatron connects to the black hole, fires 4 or 5 shots at LA... returns to collect his oil.)

Groups like the EDF or NEST or... some spiffily new name we come up with would become crack teams designed to keep TF's out of the war.

Again, I'm just tossing ideas out. But this is how I always pictured TF's interacting on Earth. Decepticons wouldn't care about radiation, civillian casualties, collateral damage. All their after is resources.
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

All they have been after is resources. This is a new story, though, unless I've missed something, all we know so far is that Cybertron will be uninhabitable. Maybe they'll be resource hunting on Earth, maybe they'll be prepared enough to not need to stoop to human aid. (The necessary off-world mining would likely still be running, after all.)

I dunno, diving full-on into human stuff right off really loses the whole 'robots in disguise' factor, dunnit?
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

I dunno, diving full-on into human stuff right off really loses the whole 'robots in disguise' factor, dunnit?
This.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Yeah, I sort of agree with that too.

Eventually Transformers are going to be 'out' and the world is going to know about them, but I think it'll take a while before that happens because both sides will think it's in their best interests to stay hidden at least until they've put down roots.

Of course, until their cover is blown we probably won't see Transformers turning into giant metal dinosaurs or dragon-chickens or things like that -- and since most of us probably want to see that it'll have to happen eventually.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

I always figured humans wouldn't really come into play until the TF's were outed.

But, I also think we have to look at the level of outing. While they may not be "out" to civilians, Govenments are going to have to clue in pretty quickly - if there's any sort of combat.

Satellite and commuinications black outs, civilian reports, strange flashes in the night, GIANT FOOT PRINTS in the earth, battle scortches, that sort of thing - while world Governments are going to start to clue in, unless there's some sort of war-pact signed by Autobots and Decepticons to keep their fighting contained to isolated parts of the pacific and the large deserts of Asia and Africa.

Of course, if we do go with the World War scenario, Government resources would be taxed out, and not able to immediatly investigate, so it will deffinatly buy some more time...

Unless someone plans on doing the "Discovered by 15yo kids" angle....
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Brave Maximus wrote:Unless someone plans on doing the "Discovered by 15yo kids" angle....
Well they are better about keeping secrets than most ;)
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

For once I want to see some emo-poser-evil kid sitting in the back of Decepticon HQ writing bad poetry and getting under their feet....
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I can only imagine how well it would go over when Megatron picked some of his Decepticons to be 'Guardians' to the Decepticons trio of annoying evil teenagers...

Lugnut: "I want a different human! This one keeps trying to draw gang signs on my cockpit canopy!"

Jetfire: "Consider yourself lucky! Mine keeps trying to decorate the lab with portraits of some human called 'Manson'. And she keeps trying to get me to wear black eyeliner."

Predacon: "You've both got it lucky! Mine is always cosplaying as Ramjet."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Scorponok: "Jetfire, I must say, black eyeliner suits you, yeeess. But my organic companion infinitely trumps all of yours! He transforms into a techno-organic robot and, uh, cosplays as Optimus Prime. And he's sort of going to betray us later."

Obsidian: "Terrible name for a human though. In fact, terrible name for anything. What the hell does Ginrai even mean?"

Scorponok: "I don't know."

Obsidian: "Then?"

Scorponok: "Look, I justified it as being some random ancient myth thinly veiled with a reference to Beast Machines. Next techno-organic I make, I'll name it after you, yes?"

Skywarp: "Preddy, can I talk to your human? I'll teach him that Ramjet is the least cool of the Seekers a human could cosplay as. Not when you have, say, me. I'm a chick magnet!"

Sixshot: [scowls] "Your humans keep trying to convince me to wipe a town off the map."
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Thundercracker: "Shut it Skywarp we all know I'm the best . Sides you can have my human she keeps painting me pink ' Uggggh ` and decorate me some horrible monstrosity called 'Hello Kitty." ( Shudder )

Thunderwing: I wanted a human but they leave once they see the experiments in my lab. Can't figure out why"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Why do these threads keep degenerating into "Retarded Quasi-RP for Infants"?

We have two running RPGs are you guys just cannot contain yourself? And to think, I almost sort of kinda maybe had a little respect for Warcry and then he shits it all way.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

I believe this is what would be considered having fun while waiting on other people to post, or hashing out potential ideas in a purposefully silly manner. If you don't like it, you don't have to read it. I personally have been finding this quite entertaining to check on while waiting for my chances to post.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

It's Blaster...

I don't think he's actually capable of having fun as we know it ;)

I still miss the old thread about Cliffy's room and TF toys...