POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Warcry wrote:How does he long alongside the Classics G2 Megatron? The one from the Ultimate Battle (or whatever it was called) two-pack. If this Prime needs to be in scale with anyone, it'd be him.
That's a good question. My old one is boxed up and I haven't picked up the special white/red version yet. It might be fairly close, since the 2-Pack figures are small for deluxes as well.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Went on a little trip today and found a Universe Prowl at a Rite-Aide near my house. A pleasant, if expensive, little surprise. He ran my almost $20, but I figure I saved shipping on him at the very least, so it's a deal in my book.

He's a nice figure and I like him a lot. He's just the right height in robot mode to look Jazz in the eye and in shape he pretty neat. The only thing I'd change is that his over the shoulder guns are all white. A little splash of silver would of been nice at the very least.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Mmm. Very impressed with some of the pics of universe/classics stuff recently -- may indulge in a few if I see on UK shelves, but otherwise have just pre-ordered Kup.

The main consistent disappointment is the finish of some toys versus the photoshopped-to-hell Hasbro press pics.
I'm opening RTS Tracks as we speak. Found him at Asda.
Seriously? There's very little in the Tesco Extra near us that's large enough to have a toys/clothing floor, and was bugger-all in the Asda on Merry Hill last time I looked (even taking into account Wal-Mart connections, I don't usually expect to see much in there.) Almost nothing in TRU either. This time of year tends to be stock-taking.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Denyer wrote:Mmm. Very impressed with some of the pics of universe/classics stuff recently -- may indulge in a few if I see on UK shelves, but otherwise have just pre-ordered Kup.
They've cancelled the Generations line in the UK from what I hear, so you're going to have to pay import prices for any of the late-run figures that you're interested in. I'm not sure what they last wave they shipped out there was, though.

Reveal the Shield is still supposed to be going though.
Denyer wrote:The main consistent disappointment is the finish of some toys versus the photoshopped-to-hell Hasbro press pics.
It might just be me, but I think they've gotten a lot better about this recently. Paint apps don't seem to mysteriously disappear between prototype pics and production figures nearly as often as they used to. Either I'm used to it now and don't pay attention, or the designers have gotten a better idea of what they can and can't do with their budget.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

I have a lot of love for Classics Prowl. I like how the bottoms of his legs are like a Clint Eastwood, wild-west-sheriff kind of flares effect.
I like bears.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Generations line cancelled in UK? I never saw a single figure here from that line anyway! I don't think it was picked up by many stores - they were all just trying to shift old ROTF figures over the last few months - and still are. Lockerbie Tesco has dusted off a pile of first wave ROTF voyagers...

Anyhoo...

Just got Generations Thunderwing and RTS Tracks, courtesy of Paul053.

I really like them both.

Thunderwing's simplicity is refreshing, and he's great fun to play around with. The robot mode is totally ace to boot! Perfect! I was really concerned about the jet mode when I was unpacking the toy, as it looked as if there was just a robot hanging off the bottom. Thankfully, he just comes mistransformed! Only the arms give him away, and I really don't mind - those massive missile launchers hide them anyway! It's a fantastic job of reimagining a Pretender!

Tracks is a lot better than I expected - especially from the awful mistransformed photos that were buzzing around the net before release. Also quite complicated. No need for my Binaltech Tracks now - he's truly up for trade/sale now if anyone wants him. RTS Tracks fills the spot perfectly, and is conveniently smaller. I also notice that the rub sticker on Tracks is cut to shape, as opposed to the standard square ones on the Legends and Scout Class figures. Nice touch. Now, if only it weren't -2 I might be able to get the thing to 'Reveal the Shield' - pants gimmick for Scotland. The things didn't work in the '80s here, and they've not got any better, while our climate has gotten colder (in winter)!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

A package came in the post this morning. I'm not supposed to open it until my birthday on tuesday but I think it will be particulary... GLORIOUS!
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

Not bought any figures over the last month but most recently bought a nice haul consisting of:

HFTD Axor, Bludgeon and Seaspray
Generations Darkmount and WFC Cliffjumper
Masterpiece Skywarp
RTS Legends Megatron, Starscream, Goldbug (Bumblebee), Prowl, Trailbraker(cutter)
WFC Legends Starscream

Also got Generations Thunderwing one the way and also a suprise bunch of figures from Kapow Toys cos they messed up a pre order which is now available in the UK so I gave them a list of figures I'm looking for and to send whichever ones they can get hold of.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Denyer wrote:

Seriously? There's very little in the Tesco Extra near us that's large enough to have a toys/clothing floor, and was bugger-all in the Asda on Merry Hill last time I looked (even taking into account Wal-Mart connections, I don't usually expect to see much in there.) Almost nothing in TRU either. This time of year tends to be stock-taking.
Well I was surprised to find him there. The Asda was also just big enough for toys/clothing and had only about 6 or so individual RTS deluxes on the shelves. The place normally has a good amount of scouts knocking about but they don't seem to shift so the deluxes were either really popular sellers or very recently put out and in small numbers. Will have to check next time I'm in Hull around easter.
MissingSea
Protoform

Post by MissingSea »

Picked RTS Windcharger and HFTD Breacher last week from Asda (was in Aberdeen on business and they have a big Asda, they did have quite a few newer figures including the Rodimus Cyclonus 2 packs which surprised me, but luggage space meant I could only get scouts).

Generations Red Alert, Thunderwing, WFC Cliffjumper and PCC Heavytread arrived yesterday from Kapow and I've got Generations Blurr and Dirge on their way next week hopefully.

It's a damned shame they cancelled Generations after Wave 2 over here, it seems like most of the interesting figures have been released since. Granted the wave 1 & 2 figures seem to be shelfwarming. At least Smyths seem to be getting RTS in in decent quantities and they were cheap when I was there after Christmas when I picked up RTS Jazz, Tracks and Generations WFC Bumblebee for just under £21 which was an absolute bargain!!
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

I got RTS Lugnut for my birthday yay! He rocks the absolute cazba!
Iron Warrior

Post by Iron Warrior »

Just picked up the RTS Cyclonus/Rodimus 2-pack from my local Tescos. I've been looking for Cyclonus for ages so huzzah! Not so bothered about Rodimus though since I've already got the classics version.
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

Picked up HFTD Breacher today from Tesco. Still nothing in my locak tru and hardly anything in asda apart from a few Fallbacks and RPM's.

Also bought Cybertron Legends Sunstorm and also the Ramjet and Thrust repaints to stand next to my War For Cybertron Starscream.

On the lookout for the Legends SDCC Cybertron Skywarp and Thundercracker repaints now and maybe a custom Dirge from the same mold. If anyone canpoint me in the right direction or has any they want to sell me give me a shout :-)
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I got the RTS G2 Optimus Prime, Wreck-Gar, and Perceptor yesterday. Managed to find a Generations Scourge today as well. No Kup though sadly. These little bastards are getting way too hard to transform for the kids that they are supposed to be made for.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

My Kup and Scourge finally arrived yesterday after passing through that east cost storm. Man! Scourge is a bastard to transform. He hurts my fingers so many times. Most parts are so tight but the important hip ball joints are kind of loose. Kup is okay. Not really like his long rifle, though.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Paul053 wrote:Scourge is a bastard to transform. He hurts my fingers so many times.
Perceptor and Wreck-Gar ar far worse. I actually think Scourge's is fairly simple.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Ackula wrote:Perceptor and Wreck-Gar ar far worse. I actually think Scourge's is fairly simple.
They are supposed to arrive tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up, I will keep that in mind.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Well a late arriving birthday present arrived today, and my wife got me Masterpiece Grimlock :D

Best.Transformer.Ever.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Perceptor and Wreck-Gar arrived today........................

Perceptor's legs transformation is very busy, but what let me frustrated is his backpack if I don't want it flopping. Robot mode is nice if you put everything right. I still have to complain. Why does he have that @^#&$ alternate mode which makes him suffer in the robot mode. Now let me start working on his third mode, microscope.

Wreck-Gar is interesting. Both bike and robot mode are nice. Transformation is another story especially his legs got me many troubles.

Rubbish rub signs? I already removed them and replaced with left over Reprolabels Autobot sign.

Comparing to the latter haul (Perceptor, Wreck-Gar, Kup, Scourge), I think the previous Jazz and Tracks are way better.
glazios

Post by glazios »

Bit of a throwback/late arrival, but I recieved Animated Samurai Prowl today from a bloke in London. Fantastic figure. Was a bit confuzzled by the backpack at first, seemed strange that such a big chunk of plastic would stay attached to two small tabs, but then I noticed it actually clips on at the waist and stays there. All-round awesomesauce.

Eyeing Unierse Lugnut for my next aquisition, but I'm not sure about it; neither the Generations or the United colour scheme is really series-accurate, and I don't know which one to go for... :confused: