[New RPG] New Alt-Modes for the New Game

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Scavenger = Euclid Excavator (they come in lime green)
Weirdwolf = Beast Wars Style Wolf
Squawktalk = soft top Landrover with radio equipment

Scoop= Daewoo Wheel Loader
Bombard = 155mm SpGH DANA
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DANA
Nightstalker = Ford Econoline van
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Optimus Prime: C.O.E Freightliner semi-rig

Ironhide: BotCon 2005 utility van(I think some company actually makes something that looks similiar to it, but I have no idea who)

Tracks: 1982 Corvette Stingray Collector's Edition

Hot Rod: Classics

Roadbuster: He's contemplating a Humvee.

Nightbeat: Trying to decide between the tried and true Porsche 959 or an Aston Martin Vanquish

Straxus: G6 Howitzer

Bludgeon: Japanese T-90 tank
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Both sides are looking more warlike :) which makes sense -looks forward to some potential pitched battles. Artillery duels etc.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

I was going for one alt mode for Springer because I just couldn'tcome up with a suitable helicopter mode. However, when I drove home today, it just hit me. The Bell 222 Airwolf Yes, the one from the TV show :p

Don't know if I'm going to have him start out with this mode, because I'm thinking about having Springer evolve into a triple changer as the RPG progresses. It'll give Wheeljack knowledge that he wants and it'll make Blitzwing a target :p
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

I was to the impression that triple changing's origin would be explored while on Cybertron... although there's nothing to prevent Springer from being upgraded while on Earth.

(Mostly because, hey, Sixshot had to come from somewhere, right?)
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

I might change Tracks' alt mode to a Mako Shark II Corvette Concept. The downside to that being that they didn't make a whole lot of them.

As for triple changing.... I figured Tracks would still have his flight mode. Although as much as I might want to call him a triple changer, all his flight mode does is add wings and jet turbines. Same with Straxus and his "flying artillery piece" mode(although if I saw that flying over South Africa, I think I'd surrender). It could be explained away as "Earth modes are pretty close to Cybertronian modes, so with a little part shifting, we're back in our original alt-mode or something closely resembling it".

My theory for alt-modes has always been that they are similiar to the original alt-mode. The only ones that would get the "whatever vehicle mode you want" option would be the ones transported in memory storage crystals. They don't have a bodyform to work with at that point, unless specific instructions are left behind.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Heinrad wrote:Nightbeat: ...Aston Martin Vanquish
I like this option. :up:

Also, Astrotrain as Classics body and color scheme.

Sunstorm as an IDW Seeker.

Hardtop would stay mostly the same.

As for dear Sky-Byte,
He needs a vehicle form.
His Bot-Con self.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Hey, haiku Sky-Byte! :up:
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

So: unable to track down that car... :(

But I found these and Mirage will be one of them!

http://www.morgan-motor.co.uk/sales/sup ... orts.html#

http://www.morgan-motor.co.uk/sales/eva ... vagt2.html

I like the EvaGT - mainly because it hasn't been made yet and looks very futuristic (within the typical Morgan styling).
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Nice and classy, perfect for Mirage. :)

I always liked the Ford GT too, even though the Alternator toy they used it for looks nothing like Mirage.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

I think the Eva GT suits Mirage as well. :up:
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

I'm going to claim Finback but at some point put him in energon Sharkticon body which fits neatly with his original shell similar to Bludgeon and Straxus/Skullgrin with some tweaks to fit his new alt mode

His earthen alt mode will be

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zubr_class_LCAC

which very serendipously fits both his original alt mode and the Energon Sharkticon body being a very similar shape.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

That's a wicked-looking ship! :up: Awesome!

Will he still have a Pretender shell?
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

I'm working on the premise that Pretenders don't exist yet and might never exist. It depends on how we decide they interact with humans.

If everyone comes with an IDW style holographic driver there will be less of a need for Pretender shells unless as some kind of protection a la Stormbringer
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Yeah, Stormbringer/Revelations had the only plausible explanation for Pretenders (albeit, it's only the second explanation for Pretenders) for the shells to protect the Transformers from the radioactive surroundings.

Gunrunner's 'shell' will not be a Pretender shell per se, but just a separate piece of vehicular armour.

Personally I liked the Movie's spin on Pretenders (but then I love everything about the movies bar the leg-humping) in that it's more like Beast Wars, and for the purposes of disguising themselves as proper organics and stuff.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

I always considered it more like a personal vehicle for him and Roadblock etc.

Goes to ponder if we do go down the hologram route who i would have my characters looking like. Pondering Kurt Russel as Captain Ron for Finback
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Aye, a personal vehicular armour. Something kind of like the stuff from GI Joe.

Let's make a thread for what our holograms look like!
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

And another thing, Blaze as a Porshe Caymen in midnight blue, retaining his neon green in robot mode.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Landmine eventually will have a Pretender shell, for his deep space mining to protect him from Dark Energon and such ;)
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!