Time for random name guessing!

Hot Shot!
Cliffjumper!
Astrotrain!
Baldios!
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Cliffjumper wrote:Time for random name guessing!

Hot Shot!
Cliffjumper!
Astrotrain!
Baldios!
I was a bit surprised we hadn't started doing that.

Rodimus would seem likely since Bay really wanted him in the previous two movies.. but, hell, it's not like names, alt-modes, and colors really match anything else in movie-verse.

So.. "Superion Maximus".
Clay

Post by Clay »

I think it'll be Sideswipe. We already had two Devastators, after all.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Clay wrote:I think it'll be Sideswipe. We already had two Devastators, after all.
I REMEMBER NO SIDESWIPE IT WAS AUTOBOT SWERVE ROBERT ORCI SAID IT WAS A **** UP.

And that helicopter that flies in at the end? Evac. He just didn't bother transforming or anything because a special feature on the Mozambique DVD vaguely implied this was the case, and that totally overrides common sense.

But yeh, it could just be an upgrade - didn't the car Sideswipe was based on totally fail to come out?

Actually, being non-GM, what're the odds it's Return of Jolt's Sideways? Acres of attention beforehand, dead before the titles.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

I say it's Sunstreaker. Having brotherlove once again without the Gangstas SkidFlap... Or even better, it's the red power ranger.... I think that Revenge of the Jolt will be so bad that it'll be hilarious.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Rattrap's tail wrote:I think
Why must you turn our forum into a pit of lies?
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Cliffjumper wrote:Why must you turn our forum into a pit of lies?
I'm placing bets on 'boredom', 'caffiene', and 'lack of immediate ability to fornicate'. More than likely, it's a combination of all three to various degrees. :)
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

I know thats why I'm here
Clay

Post by Clay »

Cliffjumper wrote:But yeh, it could just be an upgrade - didn't the car Sideswipe was based on totally fail to come out?

Actually, being non-GM, what're the odds it's Return of Jolt's Sideways? Acres of attention beforehand, dead before the titles.
First movie was in 2007, and I don't remember seeing new Camaros running around until 2009. It may be too early to tell for the Corvette.

It might not even make it to the level of Sideways. I remember a Saab something or other considered last time without it coming to anything. And now Saab is dead. Ferrari better hope their car turns into something awesome.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Clay wrote: Ferrari better hope their car turns into something awesome.
Chase FTW!
Wreck and Rule!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Rack 'n Ruin wrote:Chase FTW!
Looking exactly like his old toy box art. Everyone else keeps to the usual aesthetic, apart from Chase, who's a big, boxy, bright Throttlebot. And he has to be physically dragged back by the other Autobots first whenever they want to drive anywhere.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Cliffjumper wrote:Looking exactly like his old toy box art. Everyone else keeps to the usual aesthetic, apart from Chase, who's a big, boxy, bright Throttlebot. And he has to be physically dragged back by the other Autobots first whenever they want to drive anywhere.
Couple that to the fact that Bumblebee has already been slated for a ne "more mature" body <cough... Goldbug>, and I'd say it's a dead cert that Sideswipe will get a lovely coat of blue paint and be called Freeway.

Throttlebots HO!

"Transformers 3 : Full Throttle" anyone?
Wreck and Rule!
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

Clay wrote:First movie was in 2007, and I don't remember seeing new Camaros running around until 2009. It may be too early to tell for the Corvette.

It might not even make it to the level of Sideways. I remember a Saab something or other considered last time without it coming to anything. And now Saab is dead. Ferrari better hope their car turns into something awesome.
Saab ain't be dead! It has been taking over by a Dutch car manufacturer named Spyker...

Oh yeah, Cliffy, I don't spill this forum full of lies, lyar ;)
TURBO CHARGER

Post by TURBO CHARGER »

Clay wrote:First movie was in 2007, and I don't remember seeing new Camaros running around until 2009. It may be too early to tell for the Corvette.
Except that GM has stated that they have no intention of producing the Corvette concept for consumers.

ATTENTION: THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT FROM YOUR FRIEND, TURBO CHARGER
borg72

Post by borg72 »

GEEWUN AKKURACIES!!1!

the red ferrari is sunstreaker, and everyone involved insists it's a fanw*nk, and not a half-hearted c*ck-up (see: 'Brawlastator')

on a side note, it's an italian sports car at has 'italia' in the extanded name. Wheeljack?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Rattrap's tail wrote:Oh yeah, Cliffy, I don't spill this forum full of lies, lyar ;)
Are you trolling or are you actually this thick?
Wildrider

Post by Wildrider »

Nah you need to think like Bay and disregard everything that you have come to know, Bay tends to pick things he thinks are 'cool' and sound 'fun' to him. For the most part I agree with him!

When channelling the spirit of Bay, you must become one with him!

'Rodimus sounds gay, Powerglide sounds awesome!'

Actually that's just me, Powerglide would be awesome as a Ferrari!
numbat

Post by numbat »

Wildrider wrote:Actually that's just me, Powerglide would be awesome as a Ferrari!
Actually, that's not just you - I'm onboard! Powerglide as a Ferrari rocks - but it would have to be RED!
Preda

Post by Preda »

Ferraris are red. It's their trademark, kind of.
The only way to get a Ferrari that is Yellow or Black, is to already own a Ferrari that is Red, afaik. I don't like it, but I guess it's going to depend on the character Bay chooses for it.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Preda wrote:Ferraris are red. It's their trademark, kind of.
The only way to get a Ferrari that is Yellow or Black, is to already own a Ferrari that is Red, afaik. I don't like it, but I guess it's going to depend on the character Bay chooses for it.
Indeed - so no problems there!

If only Corvettes were always their trademark yellow...