Revenge of the Fallen toy discussion (leaks and official info)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

Nope. It's the same thing as Breakaway, a F-15 if I am not mistaken...
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Rattrap's tail wrote:Nope. It's the same thing as Breakaway, a F-15 if I am not mistaken...
You are. The general layout and proportions are similar, but F-15s have two main engines and Thrust/Breakaway only has one, which is a dead giveaway.

It's not an exact match, but the mold is a fair approximation of an F-35. It doesn't match 100%, apparently, but then the Classics seekers didn't quite match the layout of a real F-15 either (presumably for legal reasons and/or to make the transformation work better).
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Warcry wrote:It's not an exact match, but the mold is a fair approximation of an F-35. It doesn't match 100%, apparently, but then the Classics seekers didn't quite match the layout of a real F-15 either (presumably for legal reasons and/or to make the transformation work better).
They didn't? I thought at least the first three were pretty close.

That's what I thought though. Although the intake looks a little off (and the video game does have Breakaway having VTOL capability, didn't it?). At least there's no undercarriage clutter, or so it appears, so that's cool.

Here's hoping Leader Starscream also doesn't have any clutter...though I'm sure it will because they'll try to squeeze something in besides just transformation which will screw it up. Just a guess. :)
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Brimstone wrote:They didn't? I thought at least the first three were pretty close.
Apparently everything from the cockpit forward was closer to the F-14 to the F-15, although there's very little difference between the two that I can see (the forward chunk of the cockpit with the inverted U marking on it is the only F-14 detail I can pick out).
borg72

Post by borg72 »

Brimstone wrote:They didn't? I thought at least the first three were pretty close.

That's what I thought though. Although the intake looks a little off (and the video game does have Breakaway having VTOL capability, didn't it?). At least there's no undercarriage clutter, or so it appears, so that's cool.

Here's hoping Leader Starscream also doesn't have any clutter...though I'm sure it will because they'll try to squeeze something in besides just transformation which will screw it up. Just a guess. :)
most modern strike fighters have a VTOL version, just most never make it beyond prototype due to cost. Raptor, JSF, and even the Typhoon (that's the eurofighter for anyone old enough to remember) all have VTOL models, they just never went into production. wasn't there a (questionable cgi) VTOL raptor in die hard 4?

i imagine thrust is as accurate to a 'jet' as classics bumblebee was to a specific compact sports car; a bit of a mish-mash of cool design elements to sugest one of many possible inspirations, without infringing on design patents and copyright - only Airfix and/or Hornby seem able to get away with that

beyond light/sound, what possible gimmick could leader starscream have? possibly some kind of automorphing flip-around panels that reveal more tattoos? hope not. blast-apart battle damage arm? that'd be cooler.
TURBO CHARGER

Post by TURBO CHARGER »

It was an F-35. The JSF. Wich appears to be what the new ROTF figure is. Somewhat modified of course.

ATTENTION: THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT FROM YOUR FRIEND, TURBO CHARGER
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

borg72 wrote:most modern strike fighters have a VTOL version, just most never make it beyond prototype due to cost. Raptor, JSF, and even the Typhoon (that's the eurofighter for anyone old enough to remember) all have VTOL models, they just never went into production. wasn't there a (questionable cgi) VTOL raptor in die hard 4?

i imagine thrust is as accurate to a 'jet' as classics bumblebee was to a specific compact sports car; a bit of a mish-mash of cool design elements to sugest one of many possible inspirations, without infringing on design patents and copyright - only Airfix and/or Hornby seem able to get away with that

beyond light/sound, what possible gimmick could leader starscream have? possibly some kind of automorphing flip-around panels that reveal more tattoos? hope not. blast-apart battle damage arm? that'd be cooler.
Blast-Apart battle damage arm??? Don't think so, would be way to different from the other lines gimmicks... In fact, I mostly fear for More tatoos, Mech Alive, with saying that his name is Starscream, and not Skywarp, or... The worst, Misile racks, to replicate his six missile-cannon drom the movie, which will make annoying sounds, and lights flashing when poppede out... I do pray for those battele damage arm whatshowever...
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Legends wave 4 (Tankor, Recon Barricade, Skids and Sideways) out.
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... found.html

Also, it appears the mystery Arcee toy from a few weeks ago is in fact FAB Arcee.
Old:
http://www.hk-tf.com/discuz/upload/view ... =%2Bvansch

New:
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... aring.html
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Nevermore wrote:Legends wave 4 (Tankor, Recon Barricade, Skids and Sideways) out.
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... found.html
Oh. Is that news? I found them Tuesday and bought Sideways. I figured they were already out everywhere else. Whoops :o
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

borg72 wrote:most modern strike fighters have a VTOL version, just most never make it beyond prototype due to cost. Raptor, JSF, and even the Typhoon (that's the eurofighter for anyone old enough to remember) all have VTOL models, they just never went into production. wasn't there a (questionable cgi) VTOL raptor in die hard 4?
It was the F-35 JSF. I don't think there is a VTOL version of the F-22.
borg72 wrote:beyond light/sound, what possible gimmick could leader starscream have?
Nope, that's what I'm talking about. The lights and sounds are annoying.
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
TURBO CHARGER

Post by TURBO CHARGER »

Any news on when Jungle Attack Ironhide is going to be available?

ATTENTION: THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT FROM YOUR FRIEND, TURBO CHARGER
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

TURBO CHARGER wrote:Any news on when Jungle Attack Ironhide is going to be available?
"2010". Which can mean anything from September 2009 to December 2010.

Anyway, new Robot Heroes:
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... -3-168314/
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Is that Gears are new mold or a repaint as I don't recognise him?
Also, is G1 Mixmaster's new head supposed to be that dark or is it the lighting, and I don't like the head, it looks bad.
Destruction is my specialty
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

HeavyArms wrote:Is that Gears are new mold or a repaint as I don't recognise him?.
Repaint of 2007 Movie Stockade (deluxe).
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Thanks Blackjack, having just read the name reminds me that I have seen the toy and that I didn't care for him, and I still don't, might get Thrust though as I never got any of the other incarnations of him.
Destruction is my specialty
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

More robot heroes:
Chromia vs Megatron; Ratchet vs Barricade

Gah, I didn't notice Nevermore already posted that! Sorry!

Anyway, this one I don't think anyone posted yet.
China/Hong Kong exclusive Special M&M edition of Leader class Prime and Megatron

And it is possible that the Blue repaint of Soundwave (Gathering at the Nemesis) would be sold by itself, although it's still a rumour at this point.
Click here.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Blackjack wrote: And it is possible that the Blue repaint of Soundwave (Gathering at the Nemesis) would be sold by itself, although it's still a rumour at this point.
Click here.
It might be for European markets. I remember that the Classics Prime and Megatron two pack figures (the deluxe-sized toys) were sold individually in Scandinavian stores.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

First non-Hasbro pic of ROTF Scout Class Scattorshot.
http://www.tf08.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1168
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

Clay wrote:It might be for European markets. I remember that the Classics Prime and Megatron two pack figures (the deluxe-sized toys) were sold individually in Scandinavian stores.
I remember finding the very same Megatron here to be sold apart from Prime...
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

From Volume 3 of the TF Generation 2009: possible Human Alliance Ratchet and a new Starscream and a new Protoform mold:

Reported by tfw2005.com: link

Original at hk-tf.com: link