Chances are my toy collection has more awesome than yours...

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

I just watched A contact. Thanks for uploading those onto Youtube.

Shin-getter has a new website now.

http://www.shin-getter.info
Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

I'm probably not familiar with 95% of your collection, but I like it out of sheer respect for the "family photos" and groupings. It would really be cool to see a family photo of your entire Go Bot collection.....

One quick question on the Autobot cars- How come you don't display Ironhide and Ratchet with their sleds?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"...Working on a specimen the size of Angel is actually easier in many ways."
Mac scoffs. "Easier almost ate me a few days ago."-
Steve Alten, Meg: Hell's Aquarium
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Nice man, real nice. But I'd like to see your Converters and Go-Bots up there too, assuming you still have those Converters I orphaned off to you a few years back :lol:
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Savannahtron wrote:I just watched A contact. Thanks for uploading those onto Youtube.
No worries... the series is better than the first film (which sort-of covers the same ground as something like 36 episodes), but is very placid to start off with. Be Invoked covers the last two episodes, and then has the all-new conclusion.

If anyone wants to know a couple of places to dawnlood the eps themselves, PM me :)
Shin-getter has a new website now.

www.shin-getter.info
Nice! A few of the team got in touch with me to congratulate me on the site, so it only seems fair I pop in at some point and do the same :)
Zeeks wrote:I'm probably not familiar with 95% of your collection, but I like it out of sheer respect for the "family photos" and groupings. It would really be cool to see a family photo of your entire Go Bot collection.....
Ackula wrote:Nice man, real nice. But I'd like to see your Converters and Go-Bots up there too, assuming you still have those Converters I orphaned off to you a few years back :lol:
I'm actually trying to find somewhere for the Gobots to go in their entirety, it's really hard to actually just pick a few from the line, and Gobots especially displays well because most of the line has robot modes that are actually in scale with each other - the 'regular' figures, Zod, the Command Centre, the combiners, the Powersuits and so on are basically one big fight scene waiting to happen. The problem is getting a wide enough, deep enough surface.

Those Convertors Spies tend to end up on the desktop alot, TBH - they transform and they're games. That's excellent. Plus if I put the Minibots on a shelf together it basically emphasises that I repeatedly bought the same toy over and over again.
One quick question on the Autobot cars- How come you don't display Ironhide and Ratchet with their sleds?
They look better than way to me (the sleds are actually behind the other Autobot cars), plus it makes them a bit more of a different height to the other Autobot cars - they're roughly the same size as the bulk of the others when they're mounted on the sleds, but short enough to join Hound and Mirage when they're not.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

I was able to watch the other movie tonight. Not bad at all. I think I will have to watch the episodes to get a better understanding of the series.

I also posted a blog note about it mentioning your ultimate Ideon guide. Kudos to you.

http://lolligagger.com/?p=62
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

More Ideon love on the internet...hurray! I remember when I tried to get info on the series and find the movies...it was a dark, dark time!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Knightdramon wrote:More Ideon love on the internet...hurray! I remember when I tried to get info on the series and find the movies...it was a dark, dark time!
Yeh, thankfully they seem to be turning up in a few more places. Sadly, I think the late-1990s Gundam boom was going to be the big chance to get the thing an official Western release... Still hugely thankful you linked me up with those :)

Here are the Gobots (The Go-bots! The Go-Bots! The Go-Bots! Da-dad-da-da-nah! The show might have sucked, but the theme tune was awesome... Certainly better than the "wrong record speed" early TF theme, anyway): -

There's one of nearly every 600 Series/regular mould on the top shelf - the only ones missing are Treds (who wouldn't stand up), Scorp (who took up the same space as any three other figures, and is rubbish), 3-Wheel Buggy Robo (who I'm selling) and 747 Robo (who I've so far managed to avoid buying). Selected bigger figures on the second shelf, plus the Lightan lads (the space is for the ones that are on my main shelf. Final shelf is probably going to be Convertors and more modern Transformers (Classics, Universe & Robot Masters, basically) - stuff down there has to be cat-proof...
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

It's my Psycho! It's like seeing a old school friend in photos on facebook, only actually interesting.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Hell yeh, still one of my favourites. Proof that futuristic vehicle alt modes can look good if they're not just lazy corner-cutting... I did have the Japanese version with the missile launcher for a while, but I'd got used to the normal one and having him fire missiles out of his face was a bit weird.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

I still have the Gobot command station. I remember getting that and using it as the base until Metroplex came out, then he changed into the Decepticons hide out.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I've got one, I'm just not actually that keen on the thing... For a playset it has very limited interaction with the figures, and it's really cheaply made. The Renegade Thruster looks a lot better, but they're hard to find in the UK and postage from anywhere else is a killer...
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

I remember drooling over the Gobot Guardian base walker thingy in the window of John Menzies in Bath when I was a nipper. I was asked if I wanted it, but I think I decided to have Misfire instead.