POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
bowspearer

Post by bowspearer »

My sealed Rush arrived a week or 2 ago- now I just have Hotrider to get and I have all the Axelerators sealed, bringing me one step closer to having every 92-93 Euro G1 figure sealed.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Just picked up Energon Barricade from Family Dollar on a whim. Nice little bot, not really balanced with the front end of the truck stuck to his back, but oh well. He'll fit right into my Classics TFs, plus he boost my 'Con count up a little to balance out all the Autobots I have...
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

Picked up the following ROTF figures at Walmart-
Leader Megatron
Voyager Mixmaster and The Fallen
Deluxe Skids, Mudflap, and Ravage.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

DECEPTICONS ATTACK!!!

ROTF Scout Ransack and Scalpel
ROTF Voyager Megatron
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

I grabbed RoTF Starscream today, and I'm really impressed with the newer mode of transformation as compared to the 2007 movie version. Definite improvement.

I was also thinking about getting the walmart exclusive Skywarp, but I opted for Screamer instead. Besides, I'm not really fond of repaints.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"...Working on a specimen the size of Angel is actually easier in many ways."
Mac scoffs. "Easier almost ate me a few days ago."-
Steve Alten, Meg: Hell's Aquarium
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Got Uni Leo prime, Rotf Knockout and Rotf Bumblebee today (plus a Deadpool toy!)
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Raze
Protoform

Post by Raze »

Picked up Classics Hound and Ravage. Have to say they are both fantastic, Hound not only looks great he's got a simple transformation and reminds me of every reason why he's a great character in the show.
Ravage just makes me want to pick up Soundwave next.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

ROTF Demolishor at last!
ROTF Rampage
ROTF Ransack
ROTF legends Jetfire
Universe Wheelie

At last the first wave has appeared! Though I'm not getting Breakaway or Sideways. Rather, I'm waiting for their repaints (Dead End and Thrust)
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Raze wrote:Hound not only looks great he's got a simple transformation and reminds me of every reason why he's a great character in the show.
I really like classics Hound, but is it just me or is that some tacky plastic?
numbat

Post by numbat »

Blackjack wrote:ROTF Demolishor at last!
ROTF Rampage
ROTF Ransack
ROTF legends Jetfire
Universe Wheelie

At last the first wave has appeared! Though I'm not getting Breakaway or Sideways. Rather, I'm waiting for their repaints (Dead End and Thrust)
Demolishor rules!

:headbang:
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Admittedly, I've never handled the toy, but I just don't feel the love for Demolisher. He's a unicycle with a head and a wheel hat, he's got gorilla arms with cheater hands, and he's got almost as much open space as the plot of ROTF (I'm so topical!). I just don't get it.
Detective Barricade

Superion and Scout Dead End/Detour.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Clay

Post by Clay »

Notabot wrote:Admittedly, I've never handled the toy, but I just don't feel the love for Demolisher. He's a unicycle with a head and a wheel hat, he's got gorilla arms with cheater hands, and he's got almost as much open space as the plot of ROTF (I'm so topical!). I just don't get it.
What about what you just said isn't awesome?
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Call me extremiticentric, but I like my robots to have feet and hands. I've always been bothered by the "It's a crane, so one of his arms is the scoop thing" transformers, and this guy manages to do it with both hands. Plus he goes beyond cheater hands to give himself cheater torso and cheater legs (or the lack thereof). Someone at Hasbro could have thought, "Hmm, we've got two treads to work with, how would this guy walk around? Aha! He should have two legs."

Instead, the thought process went, "Well, what if we took one of those treads and turned it into a floppy unicycle?"
"That he can balance on?"
"No, silly! He won't be able to stay upright!"
"What do we do with the other one then? Make a cool looking backpack? Whip weapon? Chain gun?"
"I'm thinking more along the lines of vertically spinning hat. It'll add a halo effect for those who argue he shouldn't have been summarily executed."

Thus sayeth my awesome inside sources.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Demolishor's awesome, you know. And he doesn't have that much balance issues as I would've thought. Plus, he is a Vehicon and a Constructicon in one.

A personal opinion, I actually have a weakness for non-human robot modes. I just simply love them. The Bayformers, the Vehicons, some of the Minicons... For some reason, they appeal to me.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Notabot wrote:Call me extremiticentric, but I like my robots to have feet and hands. I've always been bothered by the "It's a crane, so one of his arms is the scoop thing" transformers, and this guy manages to do it with both hands. Plus he goes beyond cheater hands to give himself cheater torso and cheater legs (or the lack thereof). Someone at Hasbro could have thought, "Hmm, we've got two treads to work with, how would this guy walk around? Aha! He should have two legs."

Instead, the thought process went, "Well, what if we took one of those treads and turned it into a floppy unicycle?"
"That he can balance on?"
"No, silly! He won't be able to stay upright!"
"What do we do with the other one then? Make a cool looking backpack? Whip weapon? Chain gun?"
"I'm thinking more along the lines of vertically spinning hat. It'll add a halo effect for those who argue he shouldn't have been summarily executed."

Thus sayeth my awesome inside sources.
I actually find Demolishor to be really unique and very interesting, rather than a cop-out. I think the creation of the wheels from the treads is inspired, and the gyroscopic nature of his head and arms allows for some excellent action! He's not just a unicycle-bot with a spinning hat. He is a gyroscopic robot on two wheels, which he can alternate between, or use both at once:

And...

I thought he was awesome and incredibly dynamic in action in the film, and the toy is also fun, with a nifty transformation (far more than you would expect). And he poses remarkably well:

But he is also the ultimate Bayformer, so can understand why the design may not appeal!

:)
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Got ROTF Dirtboss today, I love the little guy!
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Detective Barricade

Funny you should mention Demolishor, because I just got his fellow Constructicon, Mixmaster!

Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
HotShot81
Protoform

Post by HotShot81 »

Picked up TFA: Swoop, Blurr, and Bubblebee, had to pick up the last one to piss off the kid sister;-)

Now I have all the TFA Dinobots! Maybe I should get a picture for the toy review on this site.
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

Universe Ratchet, the very first and last in my collection.