[Original RPG] Collapse: Struck a Nerve (Altihex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Airazor

Post by Airazor »

Prison

Cliffjumper: -screams in triumph as Road Rocket experiences trouble, but screams again, this time in terror, as more missiles impacted onto his frame- "Eat this!" -transforms into vehicle mode and ramming the unstable Road Rocket-
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Sub-Level Two: Morgue Corridor

Bumblebee shrugged to Wing Saber, opting to stay in his shell for a bit. He didn't have explicit permission, and he feared appearing uncooperative.

"Must be a while," Bumblebee answered unsurely. "We missed out on the action. Are you hurt bad? Think you can stand?"
Flec's selling a lot of RID, Armada, and Energon, and a few G1 toys. 'S all I'm sayin'.
The TFArchive RPG - "the most popular part of the site[!]" - Skywarp. Darn tootin'.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Corridors

Dirge nodded almost mutely to Windcharger, not responding immediately, as though still mulling over everything that had happened.

"Do not worry about me," Dirge spoke eventually. "I've wrestled with all of that before, and not for the first time. It's just... the reminder is never pleasant. No matter how many times it came, you never quite get used to it..."

Wing Saber gave a brief groan, shifting his body a bit where he sat, as though testing out his moving parts before commiting to an answer for Bumblebee's question.

"I think I can," Wing Saber eventually decided, forcing himself to rise, with much difficulty from his sore joints and the rubble. Hound did his best to assist, taking hold of one of his arms to give the large autobot some leverage. Even after he had risen, though, he still seemed unsteady, and he shuddered a bit as though pained. "I don't think I faired too much better than the Unicronian."
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Bumblebee stood well back and watched Wing Saber struggle to stabilize himself. He thought of offering to call a medic, but he remembered his radio was still dysfunctional...
Flec's selling a lot of RID, Armada, and Energon, and a few G1 toys. 'S all I'm sayin'.
The TFArchive RPG - "the most popular part of the site[!]" - Skywarp. Darn tootin'.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Prison

Windcharger nodded quietly at Dirge's comment. It's the Seeker's privacy, and he wouldn't intrude into that. He noticed mechs running in the lower level through a blasted hole in the floor.

Soon they reached a row of secure CR chambers. Windcharger keyed in his identification code into the keypad of the CR chamber, and smiled as the chamber opened with a hiss. "Place Thrust in. The CR chamber will heal him and give him a nice nap. And it's secure."

"As for me, I'll re-energize and get... some... rest. You should too." Windcharger's world started to spin before he settled into the nearest CR chamber that could be opened from the inside.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Blaster quickly moved around the corner and spotted Downshift. He quickly paged a medic but didn't wait to start moving towards where he could hear Cliffjumper yelling.

~~~~

After obliterating the Snaketicon, the three Autobots, Pipes, Grapple, and Catilla, moved deeper into the prison.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Corridor

Road Rocket spun round and round like he was on an ice skating rink. Indeed he was on something similar several near misses from the glass gas gun had turned the floor into a sheet of slippery glass.
Airazor

Post by Airazor »

Prison

Cliffjumper grinned. "Hell yeah." He tried to approach Road Rocket and finish off the midget personally. However, he neglected to see that the floor had turned into glass, and he slipped onto his back as well. As he slammed, Cliffjumper, more surprised than hurt, mumbled, "I meant to do that."

"Blaster, take him down!" Cliffjumper yelled.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Sub-level Two, Morgue Corridor

With Wing Saber on his feet, wobbling a bit, Hound opted to stay nearby, though he wasn't sure if there was much he could do to stop the large bot if he were to fall again. Still, he hoped his presence might at least be supportive.

"Bumblebee, do you think you can show us to the medbay? I really don't know my way around too well here," Hound admitted. He realized also that Bumblebee might not be much more knowledgable, having been in a cell here for the most part, but the smaller Autobot seemed to struggling with finding a way to help. He hoped this might do the trick, or at least get his mind on something else for a bit.

Prison

As Windcharger settled in, Dirge watched to make sure he was safely resting, then turned his attention to his prisoner, his former team mate... This had been the closest really he'd been to a former friend from the Decepticons in quite some time, and it did anerve him, worried he might wind up doing something he'd regret..

Pushing those thoughts aside, Dirge put himself to work, securing Thrust into the CR Chamber restraints before starting to program the device.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Prison corridors

Afterburner moved on cautiously through the smoke and debris, guns at the ready, but there was little to see except a few broken exoframes, easily identifiable as convicts rather than guards.

"We've missed the party," he joked to Ironfist. "I've got nothing on my scanner... Let me check in..."

He then radioed: 'Blaster, this is Afterburner. Quiet on primary level. Instructions?'
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Sub-Level Two: Morgue Corridors

Bumblebee smiled broadly. He didn't know the base very well, but he'd been to medbay and he figured he could find his way back.

"Sure thing, Hound!"

His first step was quick, nearly a jog, but he slowed when he remembered Wing Saber's nearly-broken state. He continued at a moderate pace, turning at the fork at the end of the hall.
Ungla Cracker

Post by Ungla Cracker »

CR Cell
Running Diagnostic…………………..Essential systems online………….Central torso severely damaged…………..Compensating……………………

Thrust struggled reengage his optic sensors. A warm red glow was surrounding him
“Ehhh… Vector Sigma, where am I?” he murmured to himself.
After a few seconds the static haze and confusion gave way to pain and realization.

No, a CR Cell.

Thrusts memory flooded back a searing hatred began burning through his circuits.

Who put you back in this cell, who nearly sent you off line, who betrayed you and the everything the Decepticons stand for?

“Dirge……..” he muttered to him self while smashing his fist viciously against the cell wall.

I’ll melt the traitor and his new Autobot buddy into scrap.

He sneered in deep thought.

No, I’ll just offer him to Megatron ALIVE, he will know what to do with him.

Even being online for these few seconds was draining his already depleted energy reserves. Thrust powered down his no essential systems to concentrate on repairs let the CR Cell do its work and formulate a plan of escape and revenge.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

CR Chamber

Windcharger sighed as he slipped into stasis lock, the cold CR fluids repairing his broken systems. The battles throughout the day had taken their toll on the ex-Minibot. Windcharger drifted into what humans would call 'sleep'.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Sub-Level Two, Corridors

Hound smiled a bit as he saw some enthusiasm returning to Bumblebee, which gave the scout a bit of spirit as well. The smile remained for a while, as he realized with some irony that he'd almost become a cane for Wing Saber, supporting the larger bot's hand more than anything else to help stablize him. Once they moved out of the damaged area to the cleaner corridors away from the battle, Wing Saber was able to start walking on his own, though still a bit unsteady.

Prison CR Room

Finished checking on the two CR Chambers, Dirge started to head to his own, programming it and climbing in for some rest much needed rest. He paused briefly to look out as he heard a muffled thud, staring at Thrust's locked-down chamber. This lasted for a few moments before Dirge was satisfied that the cell would hold, or Thrust was finished with his tantrum. He and Windcharger would have to be careful openning that pod later, though...

Exhaustion gripping him, Dirge finally settled in to his own pod, drifting almost immediately into a sleep cycle.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Altihex Prison

Pipes wiped some miscellaneous bits of Snaketicon off of his arms, dusted his hands off, and grinned at Grapple and Catilla. "This is fun. Why can't we have prison breaks more often?"
Ungla Cracker

Post by Ungla Cracker »

CR CELL

Thrust slowly awakens from his robotic slumber. If he could he would stretch his servos however the cell isn't exactly constructed for comfort.

“AHH nothing like a little CR nap. I feel like I could slag a thousand Autobots”.

No sooner had Thrust finished his sentence then a painful power surge began to emanate from his torso.

“Ehh maybe I’ll slag those Autobots tomorrow when I errr….feel like it”

Thrust scans the pod, not surprisingly he sees nothing of interest. Entertainment for prisoners is not high on the Autobots list of priorities.

“Pah no wonder I’m talking to my self. What is there to do round here?”

Thrust begins cycling through all radio frequencies, nothing but static. His unoccupied mind begins to wonder again.

If it wasn’t for that traitor Dirge I wouldn’t even be here. I could have taken that bucket of bolts Wind Chaser…Wisp Runner what ever his name is with out even spraining a servo but the traitor Dirge had to get in the way. Wait a second, maybe I haven’t exhausted all radio channels…..

Thrust scans his memory banks for the code cipher he and his fellow seekers used many years ago back on Earth. A channel formulated and used exclusively for Earth infiltration activities, until now.

It’s only a local signal, slag it probably aint gonna work.

~Thrust to Dirge…….Thrust to the Dirge~
**static**
~Thrust to Traitorous slag pile……………~
~Anybody out there....?~
**static**

Nothing, probably an Autobot signal blocker or the slime is ignoring it.

Thrust sets his transmission unit to broadcast a simple beep set to transmit every ten seconds.

Even if he can’t receive the signal Dirge knows it is being sent, his automated signal receive alert should drive him crazy and will make him come here to stop it. Even if an Autobot hears the signal at least it will be fun.

Thrust smirks to him self as he slips back into unconsciousness, best to let the CR pod do it's job for now.................
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Prison CR Room

From within his own CR chamber, Dirge had gotten a bit of rest, but it seemed all too short before a distraction would present itself. He glowered briefly as he considered his options, not needing to check the signal to know it was coming from Thrust, just a few CR chambers over. He could recognize the attempt to get his attention, and though it would be just as easy to shut off his radio entirely to stop recieving the notifications, to do so would mean he'd not be able to pick up if an actual urgent signal was issued from someone.

Giving an irritated sigh at himself, Dirge checked through his memory, eventually recalling the frequency of a channel he'd deleted long ago from his radio. Reactivating the old secret frequency, Dirge activated his com unit, not bothering to mellow his tone. "What do you want Thrust? Make it quick."
Airazor

Post by Airazor »

Corridors

Cliffjumper scrambled up, cursing as he did so. "Slaggin' traitor. You will pay with- your- life!" Cliffjumper fired another salvo at Road Rocket, this time laser bolts.

Despite his words, he still set the laser bolts to stun. Downshift would be annoyed if he killed Road Rocket just like that.
Ungla Cracker

Post by Ungla Cracker »

CR Cell

Thrust smirked as he received his reply notification, it had taken less than 2 nano second.

“Ah, so the traitors curiosity got the better of him did it? You responded even faster than I expected”

Thrust paused mid sentence thought about gloating and then quickly came to his senses. He didn’t want Dirge to immediately end the transmission. Perhaps it wasn’t such a good idea to call him a traitor either……………

“ Errr I’m……….”

Can’t believe I’m gonna say this,

“Sorry Dirge I’ve been in this prison a long time. Long enough to start to question a thing that’s why I’ve contacted you…………….”

Damn I’m good, I almost believe my self.

“We were comrades for a long time. I KNOW you Dirge, I’ve seen the hate and malice in your eyes. I’ve witnessed the pleasure you took in decommissioning Autobots, you can’t fake that, and you can’t hide it either. I’m curious, what changed you? What do you see in these Autobots? What would make a Decepticon switch diodes and fight for the Autobots? Earlier you made some bold claims about these walking scrap piles, words like compassion and friendship aren’t thrown around lightly in the Decepticon ranks as you well know. Perhaps I’ve been too afraid of the unknown for too long I want to see this compassion and friendship first hand. You owe me that much Dirge. ”.

Thrusts chassis shivered as he hissed the last few words. The truth hurt, Thrust often tired to compensate for his congenital cowardice with words but Dirge had also been battling fear for a long time, much longer than Thrust. Perhaps Thrust could use this to his advantage.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Prison CR Room

"Maybe I just got tired of the destruction, the pain, the death..." Dirge spoke, his tone cold to Thrust even over the com. "Maybe I also just happened to get lucky, came across the right Autobot, willing to give me a shot. With the evac occuring back then, the Autobots didn't bother to even kick me off their ships, I was just accepted with the other refuges. We never would have been so kind to them had they shown up at our ships - they'd have been injured or dead, without a second thought. I guess you could say I got too close to them, got a chance to see what kind of sick monsters we were to torment them so long. I can only be greatful that 'bot sprung me, gave me a chance to see both sides. Gave me a chance to see who I really wanted to be with."

Dirge paused briefly, begining to realize the extent of his rambling, deciding to reign himself in before he said something he might regret... "But just as much as you know me, I know you. You're not one to change so quick, unless you think you can get something out of it. What's your angle, Thrust? Gather some info before going back? Or get into a possition where it'd be easier to escape? You've never cared about anything like this before."