[CUSTOM] Classics G1 Bumblebee

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Sonray

Classics G1 Bumblebee

Post by Sonray »

Been a while...kinda quit is all i can say so i never got round to posting this or even taking proper pics of it. Shame cos i was really proud of what was technically my first proper re-shell which didnt end up in the trash.

I had help and advice from some people online while i was making it, i wont mention who though for personal reasons. This is by no means an original idea, but Bumblebee is one of my all time fave G1 characters and one of the main reasons i spent 4 months restoring an old VW Beetle so i could own a life-sized version of him (seen here), so i wanted to make a classics version of him to go in my collection. ^-^

Its by no means perfect, but what is these days eh?

Thanks for looking.

Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Inspired by Anemis' bumblebee? Or the one before that?

Anyway, i like it, if only the car connected a bit better.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
hXcpunk23
Protoform

Post by hXcpunk23 »

I like it, man. It's cool to see a more G1-styled Bumblebee. Have you worked on any other projects lately, Sonray?
Clay

Post by Clay »

Howdy stranger :)

Nicely done! What exactly did you use for the Beetle shell parts?
frenzy_rumble
Protoform

Post by frenzy_rumble »

looks nice. I've seen anemis's version also... same concept/parts?

I would suggest 1 thing though, filling the gap on the sides by the rear pane window with something.
ptitvite
Protoform

Post by ptitvite »

Sonray wrote: Image

I am positively surprised! At first, I thought he was an alternator..:down:
Well, what a freakin surprise! He is deluxe!!!!!! :up:
You did an excellent job on this guy! :D
I do have some constructive criticism tho: :p
-The head does not seem symetric...Did you modify it or is it the angle shot?
-Like F-R mentionned, the little gap would be very easy to fill and it would improve this bash.
-The lower arms/wrists and shoulders need more sanding as everything else looks very smooth...
Little imperfections that can be easely solved... Otherwise, this bash looks factory made...or better!
Excellent!! :clap:
Sonray

Post by Sonray »

ptitvite wrote:I am positively surprised! At first, I thought he was an alternator..:down:
Well, what a freakin surprise! He is deluxe!!!!!! :up:
You did an excellent job on this guy! :D
I do have some constructive criticism tho: :p
-The head does not seem symetric...Did you modify it or is it the angle shot?
-Like F-R mentionned, the little gap would be very easy to fill and it would improve this bash.
-The lower arms/wrists and shoulders need more sanding as everything else looks very smooth...
Little imperfections that can be easely solved... Otherwise, this bash looks factory made...or better!
Excellent!! :clap:
The head hasnt been modified from the original position so it must just be the angle, these arent very good photos i just kinda took them quickly in low-light.

The shoulders need sanding? Why? If i sand them down the molded detail will be lost, then they will look awful...im not sure if i understand that criticism...

Anyway, thanks for the comment but i wont be messing about with this as i think its fine as it is (meaning im happy with it) and considering its my first re-shell these little nitpicks can be allowed :P That and im too lazy to fix it. :swirly:
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

Looks great from where I'm sitting. Nice job getting the arm kibble inside the torso. feet.

Incidentally, I love those old hubcaps. Aesthetics of simplicity.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I really like it, TBH. Yeh, there are join lines, but that happens on, y'know, the official stuff, and the robot mode is lovely. Plus the alt mode looks lik a Volkswagen Beetle, which I think is a first for a Bumblebee toy...