Universe Toys'R'Us exclusive Ultra Darkwind (Silverbolt redeco) and Countdown (Cybertron Defense Red Alert redeco)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Detective Barricade wrote:The Cybertron Defense Red Alert mold actually suits Countdown quite well. The fact that it supposedly will be a TRU exclusive is... problematic, as Canada didn't seem to get the Movie or Titanium TRU exclusives, so I wouldn't be surprised if these two don't get released in Canada. Though, I could care less for the Darkwing/Darkwind/Dark-something-or-other, as Silverbolt is shelfwarming quite comfortably right now.
We might be able to work something out if this is a genuine two pack. I fancy Darkwing, but not Countdown...
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I'm hoping it's not a two-pack. They usually don't put anything that big up except for Christmas (aside from leaders), and it's a little late for that.

My guess is that it's a wave of two figures. Which is what they've been doing for the last few KB Exclusives (the Wingsaber and Jetfire Repaints and the Armada Red Alert and Mudflap repaints).
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Those were TRU exclusives as well, RiD.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I didn't realize how well the Silverbolt mold would fit Darkwing, but he looks really, really good. The distinctive Superion chestplate makes it obvious that he's a redeco, but it's actually not that far off from the original Darkwing's chest design.
Detective Barricade wrote:...Canada didn't seem to get the Movie or Titanium TRU exclusives...
Most of the Movie exclusives showed up (eventually) in Winnipeg, so it's not a Canada-wide thing. In fact, pretty much all of the TRU exclusives show up here sooner or later.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Clay wrote:We might be able to work something out if this is a genuine two pack. I fancy Darkwing, but not Countdown...
I don't recall reading or saying anything about these being a two pack, just they're both supposedly TRU exclusives.

@Warcry That info would be helpful and comforting... if I lived in Winnipeg, which I don't.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Gareth Infinity

Post by Gareth Infinity »

I'm very excited for Countdown. I've been wanting that mold for a long time but couldn't find it for cheap. Colors could be better, but not bad.

Darkwing's colors actually look a lot better than Silverbolt's, but I'm still not sure about the actual mold. Hmm...
poyguimogul

Post by poyguimogul »

As for Darkwing, was hoping for a new head, but I must admit it looks .. well.. acurate to the charecter.. I guess.. The blue is a bit gaudy, but isn't totally displeasing.
It looks a bit less cartoony in robot mode, At least I think so.

Countdown is kinda funny. A mini-con that ran a base, apparently, merged with the base. Isn't bad, if had a unique head itd be nice, but I guess you could say that about alot of things..
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

secretcode wrote:Those were TRU exclusives as well, RiD.
Oops. That's what I meant. I'm guessing they're doing them as a wave of two separate exclusives for TRU like they've done with the last two waves.

Might grab Darkwing to go with Botcon Dreadwind . . .
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Darkwing looks ace... Countdown's a bit random, but it's not helped by the horrid, chunky kid fodder mould it's based on.
Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

Darkwing's vehicle mode looks sweet. The robot has a bit to much teal for my taste and clashes with the blue on the torso, assuming these are final colours. If he were a smaller size class, I'd probably pick him up anyway. As it stands, Silverbolt (and Onslaught) got special dispensation; Ultras are a bit too expensive for a regular purchase. :(
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

About Darkwing am I not going to talk because I hate his mold. Countdown on the other side looks just better than the original because the part that was the ugliest to me on Cyb. Red Alert was his right arm because it was plain blue. With Countdown this is fixed so now I really like him despite him being childish.
poyguimogul

Post by poyguimogul »

After seeing Countdowns robot mode, It looks alot better.. but something about it... I cant stop seeing the Classic Legend Perceptor... The vehicle mode looks nice, with the old skool base look, and the bot does have a similar color scheme as the original. Not 100% about the head, but Its not horrible. Comparing the Legends Perceptor to the Universe Countdown, it seems like they started on a perceptor, relized that it looks kinda weird, kinda gross, Kinda chunky and kinda not cool as perceptor, opted out the bots blue, applied the blue to the vehicle mode, and bing.. Ned Rhyerson... er.. Countdown.. yeah..
Clay

Post by Clay »

Cliffjumper wrote:Darkwing looks ace... Countdown's a bit random, but it's not helped by the horrid, chunky kid fodder mould it's based on.
You're such a toy robot snob sometimes.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Rattrap's tail wrote:About Darkwing am I not going to talk because I hate his mold.
Promise?
Clay wrote:You're such a toy robot snob sometimes.
Only sometimes? Just because we aren't all mindless brand loyalists... :p
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

I suppose the colour scheme is a bit gaudy, but that kid reading old Marvel TF comics in me loves it. EDIT: And really, the shape of the head sculpt really isn't all that different in contrast to the original, in my opinion.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Countdown is... a bit random, I think. Probably would end up resembling others more again. Darkwing is nice, but with a limited budget I won't be searching out for them.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Cliffjumper wrote:Only sometimes? Just because we aren't all mindless brand loyalists... :p
I'm a mindless Darkwing & Dreadwind loyalist.

Thought the jet mode looked a bit dodgy, but by god that robot mode has just ****ing nailed it.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Blackjack wrote:Countdown is... a bit random, I think.
My thoughts are that they were looking to reuse CD Red Alert seeing as it would have been one of the more expensive CD molds that hasn't been reused by them (was used by Botcon) yet.

Seeing as they've been digging into micromaster names pretty heavily of late, this was the perfect mold for Countdown as an homage to his rocket base (I ended up getting a rather beatup countdown for quite cheap a few months ago. It's partially broken, missing parts and horribly yellowed but it's still one of the most awesome bases I've seen in TF).
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

I like both, but I think I'm more partial to Darkwing. Trouble is, I'm quickly running out of both space and money... :(