Animated Toys (Opinions)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

I like the truck mode myself...:lol:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Yeah. That's pretty sweet, too, but the robot mode has a very knightly feeling to it. Probably because of the lance.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

The loose hip joints, and zero leg articulation kinda ruin it for me. Plus, i thnk the body shoulda been just a bit thinner.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Ah. I kinda like the bulk. I've noticed that the bulky ones tend to be my favorites in this line.

Though there are a few thin figures, like Swoop and Lockdown who are pretty cool, and I'm looking forward to picking up Blurr.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

So I got Blitzwing, Sentinel and Swoop.

Blitzwing - I've been looking forward to getting him for a long time now. I wasn't disappointed, he's a great toy. His Jet mode looks nice with the missles in place. The treads at the bottom don't bother me too much because it is a very "Animated" thing to have. The transformation to tank mode is pretty smooth, the only downside about it is that I haven't been able to get the tank turret to click into place properly, so when I leave it alone it tilts downward a bit too much. Other than that he looks great in tank mode. Once again, the transformation to robot mode is very smooth, it is a very nicely designed toy. The poseability in robot mode is fairly decent. The only downside I can think of is that he doesn't really have many threatening poses because of the lack of weapons. Like a lot of people said, it would have been nice if his tank turrents bent down over his shoulders.

Sentinel Prime - This is a great deluxe figure. The truck mode looks very nice as long as you don't turn him upside down and see that his face is visable, that is such a Micromaster thing to have. The transformation is a lot of fun. I really like the way they designed him. Robot mode is great with his sword and shield. His round look is so perfect for the Animated line. Great toy, I wasn't expecting it to be this good.

Swoop - He definately has one of the easiest transformations for a deluxe toy. Looks very sleek in both modes and his poseability in robot mode is nice. The only downside to him is that his arm can't support the weight of his mace in a lot of poses, you kind of have to have him at a very precise angle for him to be able to hold it up.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

I'm waiting for Shockwave to come out. :D
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

Finally picked up Ani Leader Megatron. Nice figure but slightly dissappointed. Figure should have been larger and heavier for the price range compaired to my Movie Leader class Megatron and Optimus Prime.

A few pics of my Animated collection. Only Leader class Bulkhead missing from the ones currently released in the Uk but am not bothering to get it as the buzzsaw weapon perminently on show spoils the figure for me.

Gareth Infinity

Post by Gareth Infinity »

Activators Grimlock is brilliant. I like him even better than the Voyager. The arms are more well-articulated in robot mode. The little Dino arms are no longer stationary and the jaw can be opened and stay put, rather than be activated by a button.

He's a little tricky to balance, but it just takes patience. In the end he poses quite well. All he's missing is a little sword, and he'd be almost perfect!
Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

Opened Leader Bulkhead today. He's pretty nice, worth the 30 bucks.

I really like the extra weapons (though I'm not sure what use torpedoes are on land) his vehicle mode has compared to the animated and voyager models. The vehicle also looks appropriately beefy.

His robot mode I'm less pleased with. He looks nice; extra weapons also add a lot here. The buzzsaw is kinda useless though; the wrecking ball was one feature I did like about the voyager version. Then there's the electronics, which would be far less annoying if they didn't rob him of all head articulation. Still, his articulation remains decent, back heavy as he is.

The Headmaster unit is a nice extra, worth a chuckle before it got tossed in the Bag.

If you can find him on sale like I did, I'd recommend him over the voyager version.
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

Got Swoop and Sentinel Prime an hour ago.

Swoop is pretty neat, good articulation, good paint.
He's short in robot mode, alot shorter than I thought anyways...

Sentinel's short too but at least his chest measures up to Voyager Optimus's.
Shield should be bigger but meh... I don't like his lack of shoulder articulation but overall good figure.

Originally planed on getting Grimlock but these two together were cheaper... and I don't think I saw a Grimlock their anyways.
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Found a Sentinel Prime (which was amazing, because my Walmart still has nothing but Wave 2 figures), but no Swoop.

Sentinel Prime looks good in pictures, but seems pretty weak as a toy. Not a lot of articulation and overexaggerated proportions even for an Animated figure.
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

Got Sentinel Prime and Swoop today. Looks like its SCAMbay from now on seeing as apparently no more animated figures coming to the UK :(
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Just got Swoop. Call it an early Christmas gift. And boy, is he awesome. The transformation is done very well. I love his mace, since it's a very unique weapon as far as TFs go.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Gareth Infinity

They're in Universe packaging, but I'm putting 'em here anyway :p

Legends Animated Bumblebee is AWESOME. The robot mode is overwhelmingly charming and pretty well-articulated. One of my favorite Legends figures, just needs a turning neck (he can look up and down, but not side-to-side?), and a slightly less ugly car mode...but that's just my personal taste. Also, the transformation has one very clever step in it that blew me away!

Legends Animated Prowl is cool too. Pretty good articulation going on, pretty fun to transform. Only negative is that it cannot roll.

Legends Animated Optimus Prime is the least interesting of the three. I think it's mostly the colors, and the sculpt is just a bit...off, somehow. He also doesn't have knees unlike the other two. And this isn't the actual toy's fault, but they left out a step in the instructions that had me confused for a minute, ha! They don't tell you to rotate the roof/arms around, like...you'll see what I'm talking about if you ever buy it. But it's not that hard to figure out, I'm just dumb.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Anyone got a bumblebee legends fig with a tight joint where the torso connects to the hip? I just want to make sure mine's not the only one, so i can buy another and use it for a gestalt.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gareth Infinity

Oh, I meant to mention that, Treadshot; that connection is very loose. A minor complaint I have about that figure.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Mine's very tight. Guess it's just a game of chance, really, isn't it?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

I don't have any trouble getting Swoop's head back on...

However I still have problems keeping Prowls legs on(even with adding some clearcoat)
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

I picked up Voyager Prime and Lugnut this weekend. Here's my thoughts:

Prime. Awesomeness! I love his look, I love his poise, I just damn love him! I picked up the deluxe version first but he doesn't compare to the voyager. If you want the best version of Prime it's the voyager.

Lugnut: surprisingly, I really like this guy. Sure he has some faults, his head not moving being the one that really bugs me, but he's actually pretty damn good. His jet mode is clean and has good play value and the robot mode is better than I expected. Overall a good figure.
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

Finally got around to opening Sentenal Prime and Swoop. Sentenal is not bad.Just a bit limited in articulation.Swoop is a very good figure.Plenty of articulation.Only loose parts on mine are the lower leg knee joints but its not too excessive.