Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen - Movie News and Rumours, updated regularly [NO untagged spoilers allowed!]

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Preda

Post by Preda »

'Die Rückkehr'?Was soll denn der Mist?Das hätte man doch sogar übernehmen können,oder wie bei PotC einfach ne 2 dranhängen...

Ah,excuse me.Just said that I do not like it,that is just boring.The second Alien movie also had the title 'Die Rückkehr',so nothing new here.We already did it with PotC,where we just put a 2 behind the title...why not with Transformers?That title really sucks,I am disappointed.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

Strange I have got the strange idea that Soundwave's robot mode is "loosely based" on Movie Megs??? By the way are there any sources about Galvatron making a appearance in ROTF??
borg72

Post by borg72 »

Nevermore wrote:Er. Huh.

The German title is... "Transformers - Die Rückkehr" ("Transformers - The Return")?
http://www.filmstarts.de/kritiken/90903 ... kkehr.html
So is this a cultural thing in Germany, calling sequals 'The Return' (as preda mentioned), or do we think that the absence of '(of) The Fallen' has some significance?

Did that sound like a half-intelligent question?
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

borg72 wrote:So is this a cultural thing in Germany, calling sequals 'The Return' (as preda mentioned), or do we think that the absence of '(of) The Fallen' has some significance?
It is a cultural thing for German titles that aren't literal translations of (or identical to) the original title to be a lot more stupid than the oiginal title.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Ah. You've got a point there.

DIE Rückkehr... DIE DIE DIE DIE. That's kinda cute if you don't know if 'die' means 'the'. :D
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

New photos of the
SPOILER! (select to read)
Soundwave toy:
Source
Springer145

Post by Springer145 »

I think I really like the robot mode due to the resulting wings (whether or not they translate to the movie form if in fact this is legit), but I'm not really sure about the jet...it looks so similar to Megatron. Of course, it might be rather neat to see the two flying side by side in the sequel if Megs gets revived. I appreciate the nod to the G1 SW with the head shape and faceplate.

After seeing these photos, do you all think him to be a triple-changer and still posses the rumored satellite mode, or is he now just a Cybertronian jet/thing?

Xbox 360 gamertag: Skyfall865
Dragon Warrior Steve
Protoform

Post by Dragon Warrior Steve »

Soundwave doesn't look half bad. Hopefully the final color scheme isn't so grey.
borg72

Post by borg72 »

I love this toy, assuming it is movie-accurate, i just really hate the fact that it makes megs' toy look even s***-ier by comparison. it really sucked that his best toy representation was in legends-class.

errr, on-topic, in terms of bodymass and general bulk, he seems to be a physical replacement for blackout. also rather has shades of vector prime in vehcle mode, and i'm guessing there is some other gimmick going on here too, possibly light and sound, or some kind of (semi-)third form. or not.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Another blurry photo of the
Soundwave toy.
Source
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

TFW2005's mysterious insider claims that
the eyes on the recently revealed "Revenge of the Fallen" packaging for the Energon Superion redeco do indeed belong to The Fallen.
Source
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Aaand more new photos of
the Soundwave toy.
Source

Apparently, SOME people in China DO know how to use a camera.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

According to me, its a deluxe. If you look good you see that he has a missile sticking out of his back. Am I wrong or does this guy really have four arms?
borg72

Post by borg72 »

Rattrap's tail wrote:According to me, its a deluxe. If you look good you see that he has a missile sticking out of his back. Am I wrong or does this guy really have four arms?
really? i was thinking voyager by the sizes of the hinges. i also think that last clearer pic is a tad mistransformed, going by earlier pics (in particular the shadowy front-on pic). the arms seem not to have been fully connected to the torso.

should probably all remember that we're seeing this toy entirely out of context, without reference to his actual movie form. speaking of which, isn't it about time for the rest of the movie designs to get leaked? everything seems to have gone very quiet on that front...
Springer145

Post by Springer145 »

Borg, part of me agrees with you and part still wants to hold on to the element of surprise...who am I kidding? I know that just like last time, I'll be looking at pictures as soon as they come out :D

It does seem that more pictures of the new character designs would have been leaked by now though. All this gibberish about Bay's campaign of secrecy makes me wonder how they will approach the marketing once it's time to drum up excitement and interest. I imagine it will have all the tact of a 40 megaton bomb.

If I could just resist the urge to look at spoilers and the trailers to come, I would love to go into the movie with no idea about new character designs

Xbox 360 gamertag: Skyfall865
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

More, REALLY good pics of the toy.
Source
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

You guys are thinking the same as me...where is the really good news.

You know, December 06 had a trailer and lots of exciting leaked material, this time days can go by and the only news is this
Soundwave toy, which looks like a "protoform" model to me.
Come on and wind me up.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

borg72 wrote:really? i was thinking voyager by the sizes of the hinges. i also think that last clearer pic is a tad mistransformed, going by earlier pics (in particular the shadowy front-on pic). the arms seem not to have been fully connected to the torso.

should probably all remember that we're seeing this toy entirely out of context, without reference to his actual movie form. speaking of which, isn't it about time for the rest of the movie designs to get leaked? everything seems to have gone very quiet on that front...
If it is a Protoform like Prime and Scream its a deluxe. If it is the Grande Finale version it is a voyager(the former term MEGA is better I think). I also think that this guy is not fully painted yet.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

More new toy pics.
Source
borg72

Post by borg72 »

Nevermore wrote:More new toy pics.
Source
one begins to wonder which of all the pics so far depict the actual alt mode(s), and which are random guesses on part of the photographer(s)?