Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen - Movie News and Rumours, updated regularly [NO untagged spoilers allowed!]

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

secretcode wrote:
SPOILER! (select to read)
Watch them call it Brawl....
I'd go with George myself.... That way no one can decimate the character of George, the constructicon gestalt. Sorry.... The momentum carried me and the absurdity of the name George for a transformer is just as absurd as calling Brawl Devastator in TFtM 2007 lol
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Springer007 wrote:
Makes you wonder at the detail of the toy that is allegedly in the works. We all know it has been said it is going to be Supreme size, but I wonder how much detail is going to be put in.
Yes, I'm intrigued as well. Unfortunately, even Supreme sized, it will never scale properly with anything other than Legends figures, I'd assume. My guess is, each of the seven 'Cons will be deluxe size or smaller, which is unfortunate, but will still make for a huge toy. And hopefully, a very detailed one. But who knows.

So, what about names? Bonecrusher has been used, and possibly Devestator. So that leaves Mixmaster/Quickmix, High Tower/Hook, Long Haul, Scavenger, and Scrapper, right? All of those could be used but you need a new name for the other dump truck and one for the front end loader. Am I missing a possible reference from another show that might work for those two?

Also, how will they travel? They could all actually get a little bit of speed, except for the truss crane. That's pretty much stationary. How's that going to be intimidating? Just run. :)
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Clay

Post by Clay »

eleven59 wrote:however i dont think anyone of you would have stood still had Bay said... we have this camaro.. lets throw the name optimus prime onto it... we also have this name Starscream.. lets call the Buffalo after him...... or bay-"you know, when i was growing up i had this Chevy Vega. I think that would make an excellent TF character. I want to call it Overheat"???
also watch the first 2 episodes of the cartoon.. strangely familiar in some scenes as the 07 movie...

indeed...
So it's not cool for Bay to try and introduce new elements in the franchise, but it's also not cool for him to reference any existing elements. And this is how you have your cake and eat it too!
whats wrong with wanting to see a plot completely based upon transforming robots? thats what this is isnt it? bots vs. cons?? if i wanted to watch humans act, i could watch the other 99.9% of movies ever made out there....
Because then it would be an irrelevant film to a general audience?
lol bash me about plot and were talking about a movie with transforming robots, that are looking for glasses that somehow tell the cordinates of the all spark when clearly megatron was found nowhere near the current location?
<sigh>

Megatron and the cube are two different things. Glasses have the coordinates of the cube, not Megatron. Megatron is at the location of the cube anyway thanks to people trying to collect all alien parts into one place.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Ooh, the Constructicons' alternate modes are great!
glazios

Post by glazios »

Brimstone wrote:
So, what about names? Bonecrusher has been used, and possibly Devestator. So that leaves Mixmaster/Quickmix, High Tower/Hook, Long Haul, Scavenger, and Scrapper, right? All of those could be used but you need a new name for the other dump truck and one for the front end loader. Am I missing a possible reference from another show that might work for those two?
I can tell you right now the name Bay is going to use to get around his "Devastator" c*ckup...

"Constructicon Maximus"
snavej

Post by snavej »

A name for the big bozo? How about 'The Balrog'?! Oops, taken already!

I recommend 'Your Ass is Mine' ('-atron' suffix optional)!

Another possibility is to use key names, thusly: 'Bayastator' or 'The Kurtzman-Orci Project' (not to be confused with 'The Alan Parsons Project').;)
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Oh okay...I guess we're not using spoiler warnings anymore, huh? Awesome...I was getting tired of using them anyway.
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Brimstone wrote:Oh okay...I guess we're not using spoiler warnings anymore, huh?
Yes we are. Whether people like it or not. Grrrr!
numbat

Post by numbat »

Brimstone wrote:
Yes, I'm intrigued as well. Unfortunately, even Supreme sized, it will never scale properly with anything other than Legends figures, I'd assume. My guess is, each of the seven 'Cons will be deluxe size or smaller, which is unfortunate, but will still make for a huge toy. And hopefully, a very detailed one. But who knows.
If the trucks were all Deluxe size, then they sure would be in rough scale with other figures, I'd imagine (as much as anything was with the first film, anyway!). It'd be tough to be more out of scale than Voyager Blackout if they were at Deluxe size... (The only way they'd only be in scale with Legends figures would be if they were Legends class, which would not give you a Supreme class gestalt!

It'll be interesting to see how it turns out - especially with the multiple colours and so many 'bots.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

By in scale, I meant that if you put them together with the other deluxe figures, they'd be bigger.
The dump trucks alone would have to be so big that in order to scale properly with the Autobots from the first movie, it alone would have to be supreme size or bigger. Same with the truss crane and the excavator. The buldozer, front end loader, and cement truck could all be Leader Class though and be close enough. So, a Supreme Class Devastator probably means Deluxe Class individual components (maybe even smaller?). Which would mean the constructicons would not be in scale with the other figures...well, the Autobots, anyway.
I really like that the Autobots are scaled pretty well from the first movie, the only one that was a little too small was the "crappy camero" Bumblebee. Upgraded Bumblebee was better. But seriously, a Leader Class Bonecrusher, Starscream, and Blackout would have been really sweet. Yes, Starscream and Blackout would have still been too small, but it would have been closer...you can almost fudge it with Brawl.
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Nevermore wrote:So apparently Hasbro confirmed more stuffs at their Licensing Summit 2008 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia:
The Chevrolet Corvette Centennial is Sideswipe, Ravage is going to appear in "Revenge of the Fallen", Devastator is going to appear in the movie, and the combined gestalt mode will be Supreme-sized, Leader Class toys of Optimus Prime and Megatron were shown, and Megatron does indeed have a tank alternate mode.
Source
The news story is gone. INTERESTING.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Well well well. Looks like Bay is trying to use more mindgames again and cover his ass whenever someone goes against his will...

ALL HAIL MICHEAL BAY!
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Nevermore wrote:The news story is gone. INTERESTING.
I think you mean boring.

It's the intarweb. Links die all the time.
Sonray

Post by Sonray »

Why are you people moaning about scale ffs? Since when has scale ever been a priority for Hasbro, or even a problem for collectors?
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Sonray wrote:Why are you people moaning about scale ffs? Since when has scale ever been a priority for Hasbro, or even a problem for collectors?
Hmm...let's see, who was moaning? I just said I liked that the Autobots were scaled pretty well and that it was too bad that these wouldn't be. So...uh...stfu? Thanks.
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

Sonray

Post by Sonray »

Could have fooled me, cos it just sounded like a load of silly bitching and whining to me. They're toys, nothings ever scaled properly, nor was it in the last movie line of toys.

So uh...feck off and stop whining? Thanks.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

As far as I can tell there isn't even anything to whine about. No pics have been given of the toys, so there is no need to bitch about something that isn't even here yet.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Dragon Warrior Steve
Protoform

Post by Dragon Warrior Steve »

The Constructicon vehicle modes are awesome. Can't wait to see what Devastator is gonna look like.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Brimstone wrote:Hmm...let's see, who was moaning? I just said I liked that the Autobots were scaled pretty well and that it was too bad that these wouldn't be. So...uh...stfu? Thanks.
Perhaps... The Autobots were scaled ok. With the exception of Ironhide who was way off, and tiny compared to how big he would be if he were vaguely in scale with the rest.
If the Constructicons were to be Deluxe class, they may be as much in scale with Movie Deluxe Bonecrusher, which would be somewhat ironic! Lol!
It can be nice to have figures roughly in scale with each other, but it's never been a priority of mine, or even a factor in collecting and selecting figures. So long as the toy's good, that's great!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Deluxe Jazz was also comparably large. And Deluxe Classic Camaro Bumblebee was comparably tiny. Together, they're totally out of scale with each other.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.