TF Universe Toys (Opinions)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
poyguimogul

Shortwind,success (pt.2)

Post by poyguimogul »

Comparisons of the legends

Starscream(universe,Legend)**** Best re-color of this toy (as legend)
vs.
Jetfire(classic,legend) *** Good re-color. accurate portrayal.gun-arm ; ;
vs.
Thundercracker(cybertron,legend) ***1/2 Solid toy,acurate portrayal.Gun arm tho I wasn't happy about, was hoping for a in-hand/removeable rifle.

Onslaught(universe,legend)****1/2 Good re-color,awesome paint app.
vs.
Perceptor(classic,legend)***** Good re-color.awesome charecter look.
vs.
C.D.F. Red Alert(cybertron,legend)**** Solid toy,and a good look.
poyguimogul

Shortwind,Succes (pt.3) Finale

Post by poyguimogul »

Finale Comparison

(to celebrate a new Leo Prime, Repaint, or New Version IM BUYING regardless)

Leobreaker-(****) good looking toy, and more articulation then others.cyb-L
vs.
Leo Prime / aka Lio Convoy (******) 6stars,former JP only charecter (bwII) and a good americanization of the name GO U.S.A.~ Love this toy~! cla-L
vs.
Razorclaw (*****) A solid re-color. Be-fitting of the predacon leader.uni-L 5p

Also, really curious about this new overload,re-paint,rerelease? str8 up rerelease, i dont need. re-paint.. would have to be amazing (like g1 Overlord)
if new mold al together ... and its better then g1 / armada..ooo juicey.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Not a fan of this series. I picked up an Ironhide tonight, but I haven't opened it yet. I passed on a Silverstreak and a Sideswipe. The Prowl/Silverstreak mold is extremely weak IMO. I *might* consider Sideswipe just to have the match for Sunstreaker, but I dunno.

Galvatron was decent, and I love Acid Storm, but that's a repaint from back when the Classics figures were well-designed.
Sonray

Post by Sonray »

ironhide, silverstreak and sideswipe are out?
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Sonray wrote:ironhide, silverstreak and sideswipe are out?
They were officially released in the US on 1 October. Granted, your mileage on actually seeing these figures anywhere will vary widely.
Sonray

Post by Sonray »

Well since im in the useless UK i probably wont see them anytime before xmas, but i'll get my american friend to keep his eye out for them so he can send them to me.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Sir Auros wrote:Not a fan of this series. I picked up an Ironhide tonight, but I haven't opened it yet. I passed on a Silverstreak and a Sideswipe. The Prowl/Silverstreak mold is extremely weak IMO. I *might* consider Sideswipe just to have the match for Sunstreaker, but I dunno.
Sideswipe is excellent. It's got a number of small touches that Sunstreaker doesn't have: mostly, glossy paint on important parts like the engine and the gun, which is also painted this time.

I dunno about the line as a whole yet: it's more hit and miss than the first Classics, but the hits are worth it. I disagree with you about the Prowl toy: he's not the best thing ever, but still very solid I think. Galvatron is a piece of junk. Ironhide is mediocre to fair - the toy looks just like the character, but it's still a weak design. The upcoming Hound and Cyclonus look great, while Cheetor, Dinobot, and Hotshot are all dodgy.

Time will tell for them, I suppose.
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

Clay wrote:Sideswipe is excellent. It's got a number of small touches that Sunstreaker doesn't have: mostly, glossy paint on important parts like the engine and the gun, which is also painted this time.

I dunno about the line as a whole yet: it's more hit and miss than the first Classics, but the hits are worth it. I disagree with you about the Prowl toy: he's not the best thing ever, but still very solid I think. Galvatron is a piece of junk. Ironhide is mediocre to fair - the toy looks just like the character, but it's still a weak design. The upcoming Hound and Cyclonus look great, while Cheetor, Dinobot, and Hotshot are all dodgy.

Time will tell for them, I suppose.
Pretty much my view. Ironhide (and Ratchet) are probably the only ones I will likely pass on, since I have customs that I simply think work better made from Energon Towline. Even though I hate Galvatron's treads breaking during transformation (a serious pet peeve of mine), I'll likely get two of him (I have plans for a custom using that mold), though some if the issues I've been hearing about it, are making me more leery. As for Cheetor, Dinobot, and Hot Shot, I think they look great, though I didn't really collect the Beast Wars figures too much, and only have a few of them.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Clay wrote:I disagree with you about the Prowl toy: he's not the best thing ever, but still very solid I think.
Aside from some pretty serious balance issues, I'm not sure what there is to dislike about the mold. It carries off the look of the character very well at the same time as updating the alt-mode to something modern, and it's quite a bit of fun to play around with. Sunstreaker and his very loose joints annoy me a lot more, but they're both better-than-average figures. OctaneTankor, on the other hand, is an unmitigated piece of shit. Tossing the Ultras into the mix, Onslaught is absolutely badass and Powerglide isn't half bad.

We haven't gotten anything past wave one out here so far (except for the single, lonely Blades that's been sitting in my Wal-Mart for a month, mocking me), but aside from Galvatron and Cheetor none of the later toys strike me as especially bad.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Here's what I think about the original molds:

Prowl is very good. So is Sunstreaker. Both have slight issues, but is minor compared to some other toys. Too dinky guns, however.

Tankor is nice only in robot mode. The others are utter sh*t. Especially the colour of the scissor thing.

Onslaught is BADASS.

Galvatron has some topheaviness, but is great as well.

Ironhide.... read my review.

Who else do I own... Hmm.....
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

I saw Silverstreak at Walmart today, and I'm not impressed. I really like the mold (Prowl is great) but the paint apps just don't do much for me. The alternate mode just looked.... bland. I'm not ruling out that he wouldn't be worthwhile receiving him as a gift, I just don't think I would go pick him up on purpose... unless I had an extra $10 I didn't know what to do with (which barring some unforeseen miracle won't happen).
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Warcry wrote:and Cheetor none of the later toys strike me as especially bad.
Have you seen the properly Transformed pics yet? He doesn't look that bad now.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

I want to see Hot Shot and Dinobot. They've had me interested from day one.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

secretcode wrote:Have you seen the properly Transformed pics yet? He doesn't look that bad now.
I've seen those and remain unimpressed. His beast mode is pretty sweet, but I feel that his robot mode as actually lost show accuracy. Also, why doesn't he have a gun? I know that's nitpicky, but seriously.

Plus a Cheetor mold has gotten released with, like, every Beast Wars/Machines related wave. I know he's popular, but this is ridiculous!

*ahem* Anyway, I would really prefer if Hasbro released some of the other characters who didn't have good molds the first time around. I'd kill for a properly done Rhinox mold. An accurate Blackarachina or Airrazor would be nice. And, if they're feeling frisky, how about that Transmetal Scorponok we never saw, and nobody (except me) cares about?

Apologies for the rant...back on topic...I'm also looking forward to seeing what they've done with Dinobot.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Airazor's accuracy would just be boobs and a new head, so that could easily happen. Besides, a new Cheetor hasn't been released since Beast Machines' Night Slash Cheetor- mold wise at least (BotCon if you are picky)

The one BW I want to see a new mold of (Besides a proper Rhinox) is a new f***ing Waspinator or some Show-Accurate Beast Machines figs, mainly Silverbolt and Megatron. (Don't doubt the possibility, especially due to Animated)
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Gareth Infinity

Post by Gareth Infinity »

Acid Storm is awesome. I can't believe it took me this long to get my hands on the Classics Seeker mold.

The transformation is great fun, nice and solid, so cool. Articulation is almost everything it should be, no huge problems or anything though.

Strangely, the eyes on mine aren't painted as shown on the box. Or are they not painted on any Acid Storm? Only slightly annoying.
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

Got Acid Storm, wasn't originally going to get him since I already have three Classic Seeker molds, but If they come out with the other Rainmakers then I won't have to go searching for him later.

Still hoping for a Trailbreaker, Gears, Windcharger, and Huffer in the series.

Whats annoying though is I just started painting a Prowl mold into a Smokescreen then, just last night, learned that he's coming out for this line...and now I can't think of anyone else to turn him into???

Maybe a Stunticon...
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Catalyst Dragon wrote:Got Acid Storm, wasn't originally going to get him since I already have three Classic Seeker molds, but If they come out with the other Rainmakers then I won't have to go searching for him later.

Still hoping for a Trailbreaker, Gears, Windcharger, and Huffer in the series.

Whats annoying though is I just started painting a Prowl mold into a Smokescreen then, just last night, learned that he's coming out for this line...and now I can't think of anyone else to turn him into???

Maybe a Stunticon...
Could turn him into one of the Omnibots possibly or one of the Protectobots.
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Obvious.... Camshaft, with the Alternators deco

Edit: Alternatively , the vehicle mode could make a passable Dead End, with a new head. Camshaft may not be enough of a 'deco' difference to warrant the repaint on.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

You know what would be cool? If they repainted the seeker mold as Leader 1.

They could easily shoehorn him in as a mech who quickly became a commander of one of the autobot factions.

He's been searching deep space with his crew (consisting of other Gobot characters perhaps. I don't remember much aside from Leader 1 and Cykill and Scooter. I loved fracture, and then thought it was awesome that she turned out to be an homage to Crasher) for the long-lost ark, and about 25 years after Optimus awakens they return to cybertron to find that Prime and his crew have returned. This would be a good explaination for why he hasn't been seen before.

His experience in deep space would require a good deal of combat experience. So he's a tremendous asset to the Autobot cause.