Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen - Movie News and Rumours, updated regularly [NO untagged spoilers allowed!]

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Sonray

Post by Sonray »

Grapple wrote: And as for the simplistic cause and effect plot, I understand your thirst for plot depth, but I don't think that is accomplished with...
SPOILER! (select to read)
...throwing in random combiners and making Prime a component in a gestalt.
I agree, my comment was more directed to the people with the mentality that the film shouldnt have a story, or have one thats as minimized and simplistic as possible and instead focus on just a bunch of robots fighting each other, ala G1.

It seems people are so obsessed with the past that they even want G1's awful, pointless storylines to make it to the big screen as well! Thats just nuts to me. Give the film some depth, some dialouge, a cause for them to be at war with each other and reasons for the audience to care about the characters (human and tf alike) and we'll have a great movie.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Grapple wrote:Im sorry....
Already confirmed 3rd movie? Who? When? Where?

Shia, Megan and Peter Cullen were all signed to three movie deals pending the success of the first film I believe.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Grapple wrote:
...throwing in random combiners and making Prime a component in a gestalt.
I wouldn't say he's a gestalt, persay. An Optimus has fused many times to a single component in the last few years- mainly in the Unicron Trilogy.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

I really don't see a problem with a gestalt-like Prime. As logn as the directors, producers, and story writers don't make it horrid, then I am fine with it. I will say this to everyone yelling and basically cursing a for once original idea, QUIT YOUR WHINING, it is a movie, it is fiction, it is Bay's story. If it turns out crappy it will, and if not, then I will give Mr. Bay some credit myself. For once, it seems like he is doing what the fans want instead of what he wants, unlike in the first movie, so let's just see how it turns out. From what we as fans have seen, leaked images (be the false or true) it looks like the bots will be better looking as a whole. And from what we've seen idea-wise, like other stated point above, so far so good maybe. Anyway, like I stated earlier, quit whining how it will be ruined by a gestalt-like Prime! Let's wait to see any leaked images before we start with the whine fest! Sorry, I just am annoyed to read so much of it recently, it isn't personal to anyone in particular.
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Sonray wrote:Oh god forbid the movie has a storyline to it and isnt just a series of battles that go like: Deceticons attack, Autobots defend, Decepticons retreat, Autobots win, wash rinse and repeat for 20-odd years.

*sigh*
If you have to give away the next twenty years worth of film plots can't you at least use the spoiler tags?
Sonray

Post by Sonray »

inflatable dalek wrote:If you have to give away the next twenty years worth of film plots can't you at least use the spoiler tags?

LMAO.

Regarding the
3rd movie thing...if you havnt noticed, most mega succesfull box office smashes get a trilogy nowadays anyway, so it wouldnt surprise me if that happened.
ismellicecream
Protoform

Post by ismellicecream »

Apparantly some scenes are gonna be shot for IMAX.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/38543
eleven59
Protoform

Post by eleven59 »

by no means was i suggesting an 80's toon plot... i was merely concerned about how much freedom he has to do whatever he wants (see SW eps-1-3 for similar outcome)

however i dont think anyone of you would have stood still had Bay said... we have this camaro.. lets throw the name optimus prime onto it... we also have this name Starscream.. lets call the Buffalo after him...... or bay-"you know, when i was growing up i had this Chevy Vega. I think that would make an excellent TF character. I want to call it Overheat"???

or is this supposed to be a BW movie??

as for the plot... i was merely suggesting that a bunch of it was unnnesscary and most of that was from the human side... the parents? S:7 (at least they get disbanded at the end of TF1)...

whats wrong with wanting to see a plot completely based upon transforming robots? thats what this is isnt it? bots vs. cons?? if i wanted to watch humans act, i could watch the other 99.9% of movies ever made out there....

lol bash me about plot and were talking about a movie with transforming robots, that are looking for glasses that somehow tell the cordinates of the all spark when clearly megatron was found nowhere near the current location?

also watch the first 2 episodes of the cartoon.. strangely familiar in some scenes as the 07 movie...

indeed...
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

eleven59 wrote:By no means was I suggesting an 80's Cartoon plot. I was merely concerned about how much freedom he has to do whatever he wants.
He doesn't have as much freedom as you'd think. I guarantee the Writers are responsible for most of the meat of the movie.
However I dont think anyone of you would have stood still had Bay said "We have this Camaro.. Lets throw the name Optimus Prime onto it... "
I really don't think Hasbro would even let that happen.
We also have this name Starscream.. Lets call the Buffalo after him.

Again- I don't think Hasbro would allow the name of a character that was strictly one vehicle type into something that far off.
or "You know, when I was growing up I had this Chevy Vega. I think that would make an excellent TF character. I want to call it Overheat"
Actually, the more original characters the better. One of the more memorable characters in the first one was an original character (Barricade).
Or is this supposed to be a BW movie??
Wait... what? What the hell are you talking about?
As for the plot... I was merely suggesting that a bunch of it was unnnesscary and most of that was from the human side... the parents? S:7 (at least they get disbanded at the end of TF1)
Sector Seven was a key part of the film. The Allspark, The Dam, The Capture of Bumblebee... Despite being "unnecessary" were vital parts of moving the film's plot forward.
What's wrong with wanting to see a plot completely based upon transforming robots? Thats what this is, isnt it? Bots vs. Cons?? If I wanted to watch humans act, I could watch the other 99.9% of movies ever made out there....
The movie wasn't just made for the Transformers fans out there, like how the majority of Comic Book films are ALSO made for the general public. The original cartoon (and modern ones) weren't ALWAYS just Robots, or Bots Vs. Cons. Even if they were, things change.
Bash me about plot and were talking about a movie with transforming robots, that are looking for glasses that somehow tell the cordinates of the all spark when clearly Megatron was found nowhere near the current location?
Megatron knew the location of the Allspark, and through the wave he emitted when partially activated he engraved the co-ordinates on the glasses of where the Allspark was held. As for him being nowhere near the Hoover Dam area, it was stated that the Earth's gravity and magnetic pull messed with his systems, crashing him into the wrong spot.
also watch the first 2 episodes of the cartoon.. strangely familiar in some scenes as the 07 movie... indeed...
It's called an Homage- plus those "strangely familiar" scenes are key points in TF History. A little homage hurts nothing.
eleven59
Protoform

Post by eleven59 »

He doesn't have as much freedom as you'd think. I guarantee the Writers are responsible for most of the meat of the movie.
you are correct. it is the writers, but unfortunately they are not the figure heads... they rarely get the blame, but someone, if true,
nixed the concept art about megs having an alt tank mode, which from what i read most would have loved that vs. the jet we got; if indeed that was an early concept of megatron and not something new we may yet see...

if it was early art, then someone, most likely bay in this case, dropped it for a jet mode. this would go to show he is capable of making bad decisions and also more power to affect the outcome..hopefully it is what to come rather what will never be
Actually, the more original characters the better. One of the more memorable characters in the first one was an original character (Barricade).
he was actually my first movie toy i bought... a con with a sweet black and white saleen alt mode who is supposed to be a officer of the law... very cool

Wait... what? What the hell are you talking about?
it was in regards to taking names and attaching them to whatever was available... almost as though names were in a hat to draw out of.. we think of prime as a semi, but for obvious reasons he wasnt in BW... i was being sarcastic in regards to my comments about "bay" just making up characters.. for example
the ice cream trucks? i really dont care to see an ice cream truck for a character. hope thats not what you meant by nice to have new characters
there are soo many cooler characters already in the TF universe that to devote so much time coming up with new ones in every movie is... well...
Megatron knew the location of the Allspark, and through the wave he emitted when partially activated he engraved the co-ordinates on the glasses of where the Allspark was held. As for him being nowhere near the Hoover Dam area, it was stated that the Earth's gravity and magnetic pull messed with his systems, crashing him into the wrong spot.
the glasses were still a cheesy plot device... since it was commented somehow that i was "suggesting" i wanted a cheesy 80's plotline
numbat

Post by numbat »

eleven59 wrote:the glasses were still a cheesy plot device...
:)

Yup! That's what they were!

In fact, come to think of it, a lot of the first film was cheesy and the plot was rather woolly...

:\

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Sonray

Post by Sonray »

numbat wrote::)

Yup! That's what they were!

In fact, come to think of it, a lot of the first film was cheesy and the plot was rather woolly...

:\

Hey, its was more like G1 than we all realized! Based on those comments, the similarities are uncanny!

:swirly:
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Vehicle modes of the
Constructicons
revealed?
O&K/Terex RH400 Hydrolic Mining Excavator (red)
Caterpillar 992G Wheel Loader (yellow)
Caterpillar 773B Dump Truck (green)
Mack Cement Mixer (silver/white)
Komatsu HD465-7 Articulated Dump Truck (red)
Kobelco CK2500 Truss Crane (yellow)
Caterpillar D9L Bulldozer (beige)
Source
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Umm...

Can someone do me a favor and clean up the floor? It's kinda sticky...
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Those images the actual vehicles, or just hastily Googled examples? Do we know?
snavej

Post by snavej »

I wonder if Devastator will be a triumph of colour coordination or will he resemble a vast walking puddle of spew?!
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Those are googled images (they're the same ones I found when I searched for those vehicles).
Holy crap...Devestator, or whatever name they'll go with, is going to be massive!
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
glazios

Post by glazios »

That crane looks shyte. Surely they'd be better off using a rear-mounted road-legal one...
*Thinks Energon Contructicon Maximus component jobbie*
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

To Brimstone
Makes you wonder at the detail of the toy that is allegedly in the works. We all know it has been said it is going to be Supreme size, but I wonder how much detail is going to be put in. And how is it going to look, I can only dream and hope it looks awesome. And then it comes down to scaling, how tall is a gestalt supposed to be? And will each of the pieces that make it up shrink or enlarge like in the G1 gestalt teams from the 'toons? I can't wait to see teaser images!
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Watch them call it Brawl....