Hancock/Wall-E [spoilers behind tags, pleezokthnxbainow]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sades

Hancock/Wall-E [spoilers behind tags, pleezokthnxbainow]

Post by Sades »

One word: Adorable. Disney has playing with people's emotions down to a science, they do.

I loved this movie so much I was going to make a bid for the giant 3-D promo standee they had outside the theatre. Unfortunately, it was gone the day the BF and I went in to see Hancock. :/

Opinions? General babble?
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLL-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

So this movie was just brilliant as most Pixar films are. Anyone else think that Wall-E looked like a love child of Johnny 5 and R.O.B.?

EDIT: Say... Sadie? How is Hancock? I've heard mixed opinions from the family.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Sades

Post by Sades »

secretcode wrote:WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLL-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
YAY WALL-E!! If you do not like this film you are actually a sock puppet, or something equally as unsentient and nonliving.

I so want my own Wall-E. :(
secretcode wrote:EDIT: Say... Sadie? How is Hancock? I've heard mixed opinions from the family.
I liked Hancock. It wasn't a great film, but it wasn't horrible. I'm not entirely certain it was worth the admission price however.
SPOILER! (select to read)
My big thing about Hancock was that it felt like two different movies. There was the first bit, where he's becoming the hero... and then there's the second, super secret plotline...
[large-ass spoiler space for the people who kinda don't care, but might not want the whole shebang given away in one go].....................
THE PUBLIC RELATIONS DUDE'S WIFE IS ANOTHER IMMORTAL. OOOOOH.

And not only that, she and Hancock were "fated" to be together, then after a bit of danger and uncertainty, she dies. Oh, yay.
I personally could have done without the second bit. An extended first bit would have made for a much better movie, IMO...
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

We took the kids to see Wall-E a couple of days ago. I loved it, the kids loved it, it was ****ing great! It seriously brought tears to my eyes at the end ...
when they made it seem as though Wall-E lost his memory/personality.
The movie was seriously brilliant, hands down the best Pixar movie to date in my opinion, not only for the animation but the story telling. To make chemistry between two animated robots so damn cute and adorable is really a work of art.
Sades wrote: I so want my own Wall-E. :(
You can have your own if you have $190 to buy one...
Kenori

Post by Kenori »

Saw hancock thursday. I thought it was ok. Will Smith hits another one out of the ballpark in my opinion. I love the emotion that he puts in the character, while retaining the funny.

Also, and I know this isnt one of the movies on the list, but if you are a big fan of the Wanted graphic novel, and you're going to see the movie with that in mind, you might as well go see hancock or something, the novel is NOTHING like the movie, and its not a good thing.
rattrap23

Post by rattrap23 »

Kenori wrote: the novel is NOTHING like the movie, and its not a good thing.
That’s disappointing, but I can’t say I’m surprised.:nonono:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Grew up, mellowed out.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

I went with my Youth Group kids to see Wall-E last weekend, and I was pleasantly surprised. Great chemistry between two main robots... also loved the storylines with all the humans being so lazy in the future. The captain was awesome.

Saw Hancock yesterday... it was pretty good. I wasn't expecting much, but Will Smith was great as usual. Also love Jason Bateman's character. It seemed like they could have done a lot more with the whole storyline though... ah well.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Blitzwing wrote:also loved the storylines with all the humans being so lazy in the future
Thats no future, my mother in law is already like that. She seriously only moves to go from the bedroom to the couch and go to the bathroom. Its just too bad they don't have the floating chairs for her, it would save us a lot of trouble of having to go and get everything for her.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

There are hideously cute Wall-E toys in the local Tesco store right next to the remaining TFs. They all look like a remake of Short Circuit Number 5, only shorter.

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/SearchResults. ... e&zone=Tru for a sample of offerings.

I must either a) upchuck or b) destroy them all or c) not walk down that aisle until they are all removed.

Never going shopping again is not an option.

We are looking forward to Kung Fu Panda.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sades

Post by Sades »

Kali wrote:
when they made it seem as though Wall-E lost his memory/personality.
Yeah, me too. I was like "Noooooooooooo!!!!!" :( ... And I have never [by my memory, anyway] cried at a movie before. I was tearing up like a five-year old watching Bambi.
Kali wrote:You can have your own if you have $190 to buy one...
:wtf:

ZOMG... EFFING SOLD.

Mine, bitches!
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Saw Hancock. I liked it.
Sades, you forgot to mention that when Hancock and the wife are together they become mortal, and while she does die, she comes back to life
Haven't seen Wall-E may or may not. Ienanoe. Though from the commercials where he keeps going "Whoah!" I can totally see Keanu doing the voice. That'd be typecasting at its finest.
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Eh.

Wall-E was alright. I dont understand all the orgasming over it though. Auto > Wall-E.

Now TDK, that will be pants creaming.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

secretcode wrote:WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLL-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

So this movie was just brilliant as most Pixar films are. Anyone else think that Wall-E looked like a love child of Johnny 5 and R.O.B.?.
yes! yes! a thousand times yes! ive been racking my brain to try and think were ive seen that little guy thank you secretcode
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Kenori

Post by Kenori »

We're going to see Hellboy 2 this weekend, but what I'm really pumped for is The Dark Knight. Dear sweet jesus I cant wait for this movie to come out. It's gonna be most awesome indeed. I cant wait to see how Heath Ledger does as the joker. I know he doesnt really LOOK like a normal version of him, but the personality seems spot on from the trailers.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Plasmodium wrote:
Wall-E was alright. I dont understand all the orgasming over it though
That's because you have no feeling parts.
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Lies. Ive seen better love stories. The movie was good, but not holy shit this is awesome good.
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Apparently a Wall-E lover knows what to do with all those discarded Gamecubes. http://smashum.com/resurrect-your-gamec ... e-case-mod
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

RID Scourge wrote:
Sades, you forgot to mention that when Hancock and the wife are together they become mortal, and while she does die, she comes back to life
And here I thought they had different version in Canada. :o The moment when Hancock tries to move as far away as he can from Mary was my favourite in the whole movie.

I actually read Sadie's spoiler before going to the cinema and I'm kinda glad I did. I like Mary's reactions to Hancock when here husband brought him home knewing she's one of his kind.

I really liked it, but agree it could have done more with the stuff that was touched upon (who were "they" who were attacking Hancock and Mary throughout the history and were they an organisation, like, say in Jumper?). It had only 90 minutes and I wouldn't mind it it were twenty minutes longer.
-Okay, the bomb's dropped. Life goes on. No amount of sulking or worrying changes that. We've got our own lives to live. In that regard, in five minutes time, I am using the autopilot on the Midnight Runner and taking it down the pub. If I go on my own, I go on my own.
-Well. Wait up, you horrible English git. While I'm around, you don't have to go anywhere on your own.
And, one by one, the others follow.
And, one by one, they begin to smile.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

I'm going to the cinema tomorrow and im torn bettween Wall-E and Hancock. Which do you think is better or that i should see first?

Also when is Hell boy 2 out?
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!