Speed Racer

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
RID Scourge

Speed Racer

Post by RID Scourge »

Anyone else seeing it? I really liked it. It was really fast-paced and action-packed. The kid brother was a bit annoying, but at least he was balanced off by a monkey.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

I saw this today, absolutely loved it, everything about it, I havent seen a film thats made me think im 6 years old again quite as well as that one in years.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I saw it. It almost made me wish I took drugs.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
*BARRAGE*

Post by *BARRAGE* »

it was pretty cool- but that little brother and monkey seemed rammed in there as an afterthought- to make really young kids pay attention, i guess...

but on whole- i liked it- as the trailers made it seem so very terrible...

but i got paid to watch it- so it could've been as bad as dragon wars- and i wouldn't have cared...
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

I'll go see it. I want to see it mainly for the special effects. I like the candy coated looking cars in it, and the atmosphere really makes it stand out as a sci-fi from the 60s-70s. I dunno if I will like the kid brother and monkey - I never really liked them much in the original cartoon, and then the updated cartoon in the early to mid nineties. The cast sposidly works great with the character personalities given to them, so here's to hoping I have a day off to see it now :).
*BARRAGE*

Post by *BARRAGE* »

it's a fun summer watch for sure:up:... and i'm harsh on movies for the most part...
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

*BARRAGE* wrote:it was pretty cool- but that little brother and monkey seemed rammed in there as an afterthought- to make really young kids pay attention, i guess...
the kid and monkey have been a staple since Speed Racer was originally created, in each incarnation theyve been the same, light hearted innocence, had they been left out there would have been just as many people complaining of the fact it wasnt faithful to the original as it left out two main characters.

I get what people say, they didnt really have any impact on anything, most scenes that they had were with each other, so had it been a brand new flick I woulda said they were pointless. I liked them though.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

I was looking forwards to this film coming out - then I saw the trailer and thought the colours were reminiscent of candy or icecream, which made me wince. The trailer was also, dare I say, pretty frantic and craptastic.

But you all give me hope. Maybe I'll find the time to take the Scraplets to see it this Bank Holiday weekend or during the half-term next week.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Dreadful. Absolutely dreadful. Everything seemed edible in it.