[Original RPG] Shadow War: All Good Soldiers (Valvolux)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Approaching Valvolux

Smokescreen revved his engine, pulling ahead of Ironhide but doing his best to make it look like he wasn't trying to pull head of the other Autobot. The security chief spent a lot of time trying to protect those in his care, and sometimes Smokescreen wondered if he even realized that he was a very high profile target himself these days. Either way, he doubted Ironhide would appreciate it if he knew one of his men was pulling into formation to protect him.

"Ready and quite willing," Smokescreen quipped back. "You?"
Chip1123
Protoform

Approaching Valvolux

Post by Chip1123 »

Topspin, realizing what Smokescreen was doing, pulled onto the other side of Ironhide but hung back a little behind, basically acting as rear guard. "I'm good to go boss. My scanners aren't picking up anyone though. Where and when are we supposed to meet?
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Valvolux:

Ironhide: -slowing to pull around debris in the streets, the rendesvous point in sight- "Rahght up there, Topspin. Gotta wonder how long it's gonna take 'em ta put this town back tagether. Ah'm pickin' up our contact on mah sensors. Ah think he's alone."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Town Centre

Soundwave watched as Ironhide's party approached his hovertransport. He tracked them with the vehicle's antipersonnel guns, in case they decided to attack rather than parlay with someone like him.

Approaching

"Even if he's alone," Smokescreen warned Ironhide in general and the group as a whole, "we can be sure that he'll have something up his proverbial sleeve. Stay sharp, people."
Chip1123
Protoform

Approaching

Post by Chip1123 »

"You keep saying he, but you have still have not told me who we are meeting... I don't like being kept in the dark here..." Topspin told Smokescreen and Ironhide. "I might have a better idea of what to expect if I knew who we were meeting..."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Town Center:

Ironhide: "Our contact's Soundwave." -rolling to a stop across the square from Soundwave's vehicle- "Awlrahght, Soundwave. We're here. Wha'cha got fer me?"
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Town Centre

Soundwave replied to Ironhide's query over the transport's speakers, a move that didn't surprise Smokescreen.

"Unless you want to blow my cover, I suggest you stop shouting my name for everyone in the city to hear. If there is an warrant out for my arrest when we get to Polyhex, things won't go well for any of us."

Smokescreen didn't disagree with that assessment, but suspected that there was more to the Decepticon's bashfulness than he was letting on.

"Board the hovertransport," Soundwave continued. "I have top-level government clearances, so I can get you into Polyhex without having to pass through customs. Once we're in the city, we will head to the location where Prime is being held. I have agents in the field creating an atmosphere of suitable chaos that will make it easy for you to carry out your objectives undetected. However, their operations will only be effective for a short while. I suggest we move quickly."

As the Decepticon spoke, Smokescreen saw the loading hatch in the back of the transport swing open.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ironhide: -running a scan of the transport's dimensions- "Sure thing.... uh..... Bob." -shifting into gear, pulling into the transport, the trailer making manouvering difficult-

Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Inside the Trailer

Sunstreaker didn't make his presence known, although he wasn't sure what Soundwave had done to earn any sort of trust like this. A basic Decepticon power-grab undoubtedly. He didn't even want to risk internal communication considering who the Decepticon was. He simply sat in vehicle mode waiting for the all clear to go have fun.
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
Chip1123
Protoform

Town Center:

Post by Chip1123 »

Topspin pulled into the transport, all sensors scanning continuously to make sure there was no trap. I don't like this, but if Ironhide and Smokescreen trust him, I'll go along with it...
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Town Centre

Smokescreen pulled up into the trailer alongside his fellow Autobots. Once all three of them had boarded, the transport's hatch slid closed. The vehicle began to trundle forward, its treads creaking slightly from the added weight.

"We will arrive in Polyhex in two breems," Soundwave announced over the vehicle's intercom. "I suggest you make whatever preparations you need for your operation."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Soundwave's Transport:

Ironhide: "Ah think we're as ready as we're gonna get."

Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Soundwave's Transport

"Good," Soundwave told Ironhide. "I suggest, for all our sakes, that you and your team remain vigilant at all times once we've arrived at Polyhex. The distractions I have arranged may spill over into general violence that could put your team at risk."

As he spoke, the transported rolled past the city limits, onto the highway that linked Valvolux and Polyhex.

(OOC: Off to the Polyhex thread.)