I would kill so many people to own this...

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Cliffjumper

I would kill so many people to own this...

Post by Cliffjumper »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0184468050

That's a seriously funky item... I've always loved those two-mode painted pieces of artwork, it's just a shame the only place you can find them is on video covers and jigsaw boxes. Damn, s'probably going to go for a bloody fortune... I'd pay a lot for the Friendly/Enemy clean backgrounds alone...
Hound

Post by Hound »

You'd kill people for far less than that though...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Hound
You'd kill people for far less than that though...

Well, yeh, I'd kill for half a cigarette. But I'll kill, like, a good-looking woman (i.e. someone useful) for this.

I wonder if he accepts pretty dead women as payment... Mind, they'd cost a fortune to send to the US... Mind, if she was that pretty she'd be thin...
Hound

Post by Hound »

That'd be a hassle, you'd have to have her sent refrigerated. Y'know, so she wouldn't spoil... :wtf:
Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

Originally posted by Hound
That'd be a hassle, you'd have to have her sent refrigerated. Y'know, so she wouldn't spoil... :wtf:

Kyle Rayner- GL style! :laugh:

Re: item: pretty cool.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"...Working on a specimen the size of Angel is actually easier in many ways."
Mac scoffs. "Easier almost ate me a few days ago."-
Steve Alten, Meg: Hell's Aquarium
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Hmmm, so tempted to buy it and then offer it to cliffy in exchange for the dead bodies of a few people on my list (don't worry folks, only about half a dozen of them post here...)
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Hound

Post by Hound »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
Hmmm, so tempted to buy it and then offer it to cliffy in exchange for the dead bodies of a few people on my list (don't worry folks, only about half a dozen of them post here...)
I swear, if you have Cliffy kill me in exchange for some Gobot cards I am so going to ban you!
inflatable dalek

No just cards, bits of legal paper as well.

Though my legal advisers advise me to say that if Hound is found dead in the next few weeks with a Baron Von Joy shoved down his throat I had no part in it.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Coolness.

I'd kill Hound for them. Well, honestly I think I'd just rather kill Hound.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
inflatable dalek

Originally posted by saysadie

I'd kill Hound for them. Well, honestly I think I'd just rather kill Hound.

As you're closer than Cliffy is consider them yours.

Not that I would endorse such a course of action.
redman prime

Post by redman prime »

is 50 pound a lot for this?
that's what it ended at.

I wouldn't drop $100 on it, but i'm poor :(
life is great. then you die and leave everything to your wife.
inflatable dalek

Well, considering it's seemingly a unique item... If a similar auction were to go up for a toyline that was actually popular* it would have gone for a lot more.

*and popular and good are not the same people, so don't accuse me of -Bot bashing...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, for a unique thing like that in such good condition it's a good price... I didn't have the money to go higher than I did. I just hope whoever does it scans and shares rather than just hoarding it away. Dread to think what the equivalent Transformers pack would have gone for.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Yeah, I don't get the "mine, all mine and only mine" mindset...
Originally posted by inflatable dalek
popular and good are not the same
CotG is pretty bollocks, though.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Totally, but that stuff's for the toyline, and the original box art has a large amount of charm... I've got some of it on posters wioth jigsaws, and it's lovely :)
inflatable dalek

Perhaps you should just find who brought it and kill them?
redman prime

Post by redman prime »

or at least kidnapping should be thought of..

Good to know that you were rational with the purchases, I can't set limits sometimes and end up kicking myself
life is great. then you die and leave everything to your wife.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

You know what I'd kill for? A prepainted model of GaoGaiGar!
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Turbo 07

Post by Turbo 07 »

Cliffjumper wrote:I didn't have the money to go higher than I did. I just hope whoever does it scans and shares rather than just hoarding it away.
I know this thread is a little old, but I only stumbled upon it by accident last week. The suggestions of kidnapping and foul play were amusing, but it was the above quote that prompted me to register and say hi. I made this purchase (and a few others) precisely because the thought of someone else hoarding it away for another 20 years was unbearable.

As I've been working on several projects and searching out rare artifacts for a relaunch of my site, it's been suggested that I publish a book instead. I have yet to seriously investigate the legal hurdles that Hasbro, Warner Brothers, or Bandai might pose, however.
Denyer wrote:Yeah, I don't get the "mine, all mine and only mine" mindset...CotG is pretty bollocks, though.
Well, all I can tell you is that doing everything alone can get old very quickly. Before Counter-X or the French site, mine was, and much was lifted without notice or consent. It was time consuming and expensive and, frankly, I was upset with just about everything related to the project. When I restarted, lots of factors had changed. Consider a recent purchase, a 35mm print of Battle of the Rocklords, and not only the financial costs but legal risks of making it available on DVD.

It's much more damning, in my opinion, that the correlating TransFormers material* has not fared much better. This property remaining a moving target opened the door for larger boards to take center stage focusing almost entirely on duplicating each others' photo galleries. As an irregular visitor since the Simplenet days, I've appreciated more and more the efforts made to preserve bits and pieces of everything else.

If the book idea falls though, I might drop you a line to see if you're at all interested.

*I do know of a text-only transcription of an incomplete G1 bible slowly dispersed over a mailing list in the late 1990s and the Jim Sorenson and Bill Foster animation model book released a decade later.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Turbo 07 wrote:I do know of a text-only transcription of an incomplete G1 bible slowly dispersed over a mailing list in the late 1990s
Yeah, Winterchill's archive of that is for some odd reason still incomplete... I've got it all saved somewhere, or failing that it's still online and at some point doubtlessly worth compiling into a single page or PDF for easy flicking through.

It's not as if the material reveals anything scandalous or is any more owned by fans than things like tech specs and screengrabs.

edit: I suppose I should do that before Yahoo get bought out by Microsoft, too...

I'm sure you've just made Cliffy / Tom very happy. :)