Problems with Alternators Mirage

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Notabot

Problems with Alternators Mirage

Post by Notabot »

I found a Mirage (in Watertown, South Dakota of all places), but it was misassembled and broke. The seats were fused across a joint, and the joint snapped before the glue did. Has anyone else run across this, or did I just get a fluke?
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Hasbro's quality control strikes again. It's pretty much random, but it exists. For example, two years ago, I bought a Hound with a very loose door. Some hours later, the door just broke off.

I've read about people that got a Mirage with two left hands, Prowl with two left hands, a Tracks with sort of unpainted seats [by Sir Auros] and the list goes on.

edit: Forgot to mention...I'm probably the "victim" of the nicest accident with such QC problems...I got two character cards on my BT Laserwave a year ago :D
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

I have a Binaltech Swindle with two left mirror-to-door connectors (but the mirrors themselves are fine).
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Dennis
Protoform

Post by Dennis »

then we have the getto mirage.
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=105128
Hasbro needs better quality controls.
the general wants you
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Originally posted by Dennis
then we have the getto mirage.
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=105128
Hasbro needs better quality controls.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I don't know which is funnier...that he didn't notice that the tires were missing, or that it's missing 3 of them!

Seriously though, this sucks. At least you're paying 20 bucks for them and you can return them, something unheard in Greece.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Returning is nice. This way I got to see what he's like, decide I really like him, and get even more of the thrill of the hunt. I was excited when I found him the first time, and I'll be excited again when I get a non-broken one for free (in my mind). As long as they don't disappear all of a sudden.
Peale
Protoform

Post by Peale »

I bought my Mirage on eBay. Too bad I can't find any around here.

The piece that forms his 'stomach' area? The floorboards that fold in? The left was a bit stiff to fold in, but I got it. The right? Snapped right off. The post is still in the hole, so it stays on fine, but it's clearly broken.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

That's exactly where mine broke as well. Not only were the pins super tight, but someone had actually glued the seats across the seam. It's some mighty good glue, I must say!
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

My Mirage was fine. Except that the seats were already folded down, with the steering wheel up... so I had to force the driver's seat up past the wheel and hope it didn't break (which mercifully it didn't), before I could tuck the wheel away and then fold the seat back down.

Just me? Or normal?