First photos of movie Ironhide?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Originally posted by Jetfire426
i started to kinda of lose faith when they said that Optimus is going to be a long noise truck that they can get these 60 ft robots.. because the short noise only goes to 25ft..

I have to tell those who may not know this, but in America Cab-Over-Engine (COE or flat nose) trucks are becoming rare. The superior aerodynamics provided by conventional cab trucks improve fuel mileage and the ride is better because the driver is not directly over the front axle. Kenworth, for instance, invented the modern COE in the late fifties and as of the 2000's has mostly abandoned it. The G1 Optimus Prime is based on a Frieghtliner COE of mid seventies vintage and Frieghtliner still offers it. It is outsold by the conventionals 20 to one. So if I were a robot in disguise in 2007 I would elect to be a conventional cab for the camoflage aspect alone.
Come on and wind me up.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Originally posted by RID Scourge
Hate to break it to you, but he has been a long-nosed truck before. In fact, it was probably the coolest incarnation of the original Prime ever.

True. However, it's not like Prime disappeared as soon as Nemesis showed up. With Jetfire/Sky Shadow, it's kinda like "Hey I haven't seen the Vice Commander of the Autobots in a while, but that new decepticon, who looks just like him, is pretty cool."

Also, in the case of RID Scourge, the main Pred was there to witness his awakening from the stasis pod, so he can vouch for his credability as a Decepticon. It probably also helps that Scourge was looking for any chance he could get to kill Prime.

[Tangent=Unnecessary] Armada Nemesis Prime was more like a gorilla, but if I were to play (aside from picking them up and tinkering with them. I don't make stories with them anymore, though, if I had time, I think diostories could be fun), I'd probably play him the same as RID Scourge, a decepticon through and through, with dreams of usurping the decepticon leadership, and the capability to pull it off without yelling it out in earshot of Megs, like a certain Air Commander seemed to always do. ;)

Not sure of the Universe or Alternators (the first because I don't got him and the second because I didn't see any literature on his box), but I'd probably play them like that, too.[/Tangent]

Also do not forget Gen 2 Hero Optimus Prime. He was a long nose, where his feet were the whole front end. That was a good version also because of poseability (minus the air hose that ran from his gun arm XD). I agree also with the post above mine, if I were a R.I.D. I would want to be as inconspicuous as possible. And for the doubter above the second to last post: how have you lost faith in the film when all of us HAVEN"T seen any real footage anywhere besides a teaser picture(s), and preview? I would love to know that, and yet no doubter has honestly answered that question yet...
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by Notabot
Because people are laughing now that Jetfire's doing it as Sky Shadow. Megatron knew better.

Which Megatron are we talking about here?
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Any Megatron. All Megatrons. The wisdom of Megatron extends beyond all Generational boundaries. Be the Megatron...
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I dunno. I'd have to say Beast Megs schools the rest like a bunch of n00bs.

The rest seem to accomplish things through sheer brute force. Beast Megs used cunning, to the point, where even his underlings' treachery was anticipated and used in his designs. The only time he didn't suspect anything was when Tarantulas turned out to be an officer of the Pred Secret Police.
Hound

Post by Hound »

I dunno. I'd have to say Beast Megs schools the rest like a bunch of n00bs.

The rest seem to accomplish things through sheer brute force. Beast Megs used cunning, to the point, where even his underlings' treachery was anticipated and used in his designs. The only time he didn't suspect anything was when Tarantulas turned out to be an officer of the Pred Secret Police.
F'real. BW Megs could've led the Decepticons and beat the Autobots with ease.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Actually, Megs was fully aware of Tarantulas, hence the tone used when he says "A mole in my own organization," with such a dry sarcastic smirk.
Ford DeceptiFocus
Protoform

Post by Ford DeceptiFocus »

Random thing happened to me on the drive to work today. I have a LARGE Decepticon symbol on the hood of my car, and a smaller one next to my rear licence plate. This lady frantically is asking me to roll my window down and she says, "OMG, I saw your car a week ago at Toys R Us and it's been the talk on the movie set every since--me and my friend are working on the Transformers movie!"

My mouth dropped.

She then flashes her set badge and it has a big Autobot symbol on it. She also said that that they were shooting Bumblebee scenes at the moment.

I tried to give her my email address, but she had to exit the freeway at that moment. :( I was THIS close to getting onto the set!!! :wall:
Till All Are Drunk with the Matrix!
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Originally posted by TFVanguard
Actually, Megs was fully aware of Tarantulas, hence the tone used when he says "A mole in my own organization," with such a dry sarcastic smirk.

Ah. I took it to be a reaction of pleasant surprize, as it would explain his treachery. Perhaps he did suspect something, though.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Ah. I took it to be a reaction of pleasant surprize, as it would explain his treachery. Perhaps he did suspect something, though.

Like - moles aren't insects, maybe...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]