To those who aren't sure...

Having a quiet drink with Terry Gene Bollea.
Galvatron91

War Games

Post by Galvatron91 »

thanks to Snake...here is the ring we use for the War Games in case anyone hasn't seen one before!

Basically, it is like the Hell in a Cell match, except the giant cage surrounds two rings. I don't believe the WWE has ever tried one, but it was quite popular back in WCW. It was like the Horsemen's match. Arn Anderson once said that he just "booked" a hospital room for the night, because you figured you were heading there after the match.

The rules are simple: the team Captains will start, then two minutes later, one member from one team will enter. A coin toss decides which team gets the first new man. The two sides alternate until all 10 men are in the cage. Basically it is anything goes...there are refs outside the cage and one inside. The only way to win the match is to make a member of the other team submit or surrender.

This year, a special stipulation has been added. The winning team has booking control for the following Mayhem. Whatever they decide that Mayhem must be enforced. They can book the losing team to any matches they want...BUT they can also book themselves into any matches they would like also. The winning team will also have the option of either naming their opponent at Edge of Survival OR choosing from the final set of numbers for the Royal Rumble.
Silly Cow

Re: War Games

Post by Silly Cow »

Originally posted by Galvatron91
The only way to win the match is to make a member of the other team submit or surrender.

No pinfalls? ;)

I thought the decision could not be made until all the entrants are in the ring. Am I mistaken, did you forget that or are we just not enforcing that rule?
Thanks D!
Extreme_Kup
Protoform

Post by Extreme_Kup »

OOC: damn that sounds cool..makes me wanna be in the winning team. Imagine...D-Extreme...no. 1.....eliminated...no. 1......:eyebrow: ...ok maybe not.

I still am diggin the image, I seen it last time true, but its still cool to me.
The X-WCW IS BACK!!! Wanna get XTREME? YOU JUST GOT IT!

D-Ex and Igz, your AWF Tag Team Champs. You think you got what it takes to take The Serial Slackaz on? Then join the
AWF and show us what you got!
Galvatron91

Re: Re: War Games

Post by Galvatron91 »

Originally posted by Silly Cow
No pinfalls? ;)

I thought the decision could not be made until all the entrants are in the ring. Am I mistaken, did you forget that or are we just not enforcing that rule?

You are correct. My bad...all 10 MUST be in the ring before a decision will be allowed...so no matter how badly someone is hurt or bleeding, the match will continue until all 10 Men are in and one member throws in the proverbial towel.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Basically, it is like the Hell in a Cell match, except the giant cage surrounds two rings. I don't believe the WWE has ever tried one, but it was quite popular back in WCW. It was like the Horsemen's match. Arn Anderson once said that he just "booked" a hospital room for the night, because you figured you were heading there after the match.

There was a varition of the War Games that WCW did in 2000 involving the Triple Cage (from the movie Ready To Rumble that's about the only good thing from the movie IMO) but a Triple Cage requires a belt or something to be hung in air the team members have to climb up and try to grab the item and the one who walks out the bottom cage door wins the match.
In the case of two (or more) people leave the cage at the same time it becomes a normal pinfal or submission match.
If more than 2 leave the cage it becomes an elimination match.

Triple Cages are extremely dangerous because your are in a Hell In a Cell, Ladder, Hardcore and a normal cage match at the same time plus the fact that the wrestlers are over 50 feet in the air!
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Divebomb
Protoform

Post by Divebomb »

And why did we need to hear about the triple cage?

That doesn't really have anything to do with the match coming up.
Feed them to the Sharkticons!
Extreme_Kup
Protoform

Post by Extreme_Kup »

OOC: a triple cage sounds nice, but then again if it cant be featured this year....it might next year right? Or something like that. Anyways, yeah that was the only good thing about that movie. Not so keen about the history of these wargames but it is a part of the history of it right? The triple cage thing. Sorry I'm didnt watch WCW that much before, especially during 2000.

Man, I still say it be cool if we get to see pics like that again(snake's submitted pic of the wargames). I wonder how he made that.
The X-WCW IS BACK!!! Wanna get XTREME? YOU JUST GOT IT!

D-Ex and Igz, your AWF Tag Team Champs. You think you got what it takes to take The Serial Slackaz on? Then join the
AWF and show us what you got!
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

I still keep thinking of the War Games where Sid smashed Brian Pillman into the top of the cage over and over again.
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

The rules are simple: the team Captains will start, then two minutes later, one member from one team will enter.

OOC: Has that always been the case with the War Games? Last time it was myself and Erik that went in first and TC, our team captain came in last.
Galvatron91

Re: Re: War Games

Post by Galvatron91 »

Originally posted by Tempest
OOC: Has that always been the case with the War Games? Last time it was myself and Erik that went in first and TC, our team captain came in last.

actually, i pulled that out of a hat...
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

actually, i pulled that out of a hat...

Mk, I was just wondering.

*sees cattle prod*

Woudl you like another beer?
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Wasn't the Wargames suppose to be random though?

Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Originally posted by Ravage
Wasn't the Wargames suppose to be random though?

Last time I saw one they were.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

When was it ever stated that the participants entered the ring randomly? We've always let the AWF writers decide how team members enter the match.
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

No prob G91, just I though back when they had the Wargames in NWA/WCW they always did the entrants at random...