[Original RPG] Broken Peace: Chapter 1- Autobots

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Fort Max Medbay:

Ironhide and Chromedome: -carry Star Saber in, lay him on a repair table-

Minerva: -walks in, checks on Magnus and Leozak, walks over to Ironhide and Chromedome-

Ironhide: "You think you c'n handle these two?"

Minerva: "Yeah. I'll get them squared away, then report to my duty station in Metroplex."

Ironhide: "Awlrahght, then. Ah'm headin' back ta Metroplex. An' if ya see Nahghtbeat, send him over. We got stuff we're workin' on." -walks out of medbay, heading for Metroplex-

Command Center, Fort Max:

Nightbeat: -leaning against a console, looks at Inferno- "Doesn't this strike you as a little strange?" -sees indicator light blink on on the comm intercept console- "If we weren't here, nobody would see that." -walks over, flicks switch, sees signal source- "Hmmm.... Carbombya? Who would send a homing signal from Carbombya?"
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

ooc: Waiting on Quick Switch. Trying to give him a chance to post since Dirge is part of our group, but this is begining to take a while...

Aero Blade watched Wreck-Gar leave the room, wondering where he was going. Stratus hopped back over from Dirge's shoulder and over to Aero Blade, taking up his usual spot. A moment later, Wreck-Gar was back again.

"What was that all about?" Aero Blade asked.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

OOC: :wall:

Maximus Command Room

"You got mail," Wreck-Gar said to Nightbeat as he departed back to Aero Blade's location, where he said, "Taking care of business and working overtime. Rock on!"
Storm
Protoform

Post by Storm »

West Outpost:

Getaway reached outpost after few minunts of driving. Trailbreaker was already there, standing before entry. Powermaster was in god mood after conversation with Optimus Prime. He even enjoyed his guard duty which will start very soon.
Getaway:-transforms,looks at outpost and than at Trailbreaker-"So this is our stand?"-smiles warmly-"I guess we will work here together for a while and I'm quite happy about that, and where is..."What was his name...Sunstreaker!"Sunstreaker?"
Brave Maximus

Heinrad - already settled but Skyfall has the Omega Shuttle

Post by Brave Maximus »

Skyfall floats in the air, watching as the chaos happens around him. He watches as Victory Leo and Star Saber are dragged into the med bay and takes one final look around the battered strech of land.

Well this is nuts.Omega access: Omega Stand down from battle alert, but keep sensors on maximum and maintain search for incoming Destron\Decepticon units.
Internal Comm link - secure to Omega: Starlight - you and the minicons keep an eye out for any Decepticons, I'll come to the outpost in a little while. Should any Autobot want to come into the base, let them in, but let me know.Close Comm link
Hummm, what am I going to do with them?
Perhaps some of these Headmasters can help. I'll go see if they need anymore help with Leokaiser and see what they know.

With that, Skyfall transformed and headed off to the medbay.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

(OOC: Sorry about that, Bombshell. You posted that while I was trying to post Nightbeat getting the signal. :sweatdrop )

Nightbeat: -watches Wreck Gar leave, shrugs, looks at Inferno- "Guess we weren't as alone as I thought we were." -sighs- "So who are we supposed to pick up in Carbombya? For that matter, how are we supposed to get there?" -flips switch on comm panel, reopening the frequency- "Who are you?"

Metroplex Security Office:

Ironhide: -walks in, sits in chair facing screen, scowls- "Ah hate waitin' fer th' other shoe ta drop......."
Swoobot
Protoform

Post by Swoobot »

Med-Bay

Ratchet walks in the med-bay to see Minerva repairing Star Saber. "You need help there Minerva? I really need to get to work, break-time is over..."

Ratchet checks on Magnus and Leozak and walks back to Minerva. "Well....?" Suddenly, Ratchet saw Prowl laying on a table and walked towards him. "I guess I'll work on Prowl, then...." Ratchet got his tools and got to work.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

"Hound, you hear that" Blaster said as he still had Hounds line open "We're gonna be faster then it takes a pop song to hit #1!"

~~~~

Sunstreaker looked around the empty out-post he was in as he awaited the others. "Peace and quiet" he grinned as he sat back watching a computer screen.
Scout

Post by Scout »

"I hear you Blaster, but negative that..." Hound processed his scanner readings rapidly as he moved between the scraggly brush and the mountainside working his way across and downward. More energy signatures had appeared suddenly, coming from the westerly direction of Metrotitan, and two more were farther out to the north in the desert. East lay the coast and south would take him into the open.

"...I'm about to get lots of unwelcome company. They're tracking the transmission. Blaster--- reef point in 3 at the witching. Gotta break now." Knowing it would be only minutes before the Decepticons reached that area, Hound turned off his transmitter and began to move steadily downward and north, pulling the bushes back into place behind him.

-------
Inferno smiled slightly. "Nightbeat, you might think so, but there's always someone around when ya least expect it- and Max here is a thinkin' guy hisself. He can take care of any trouble that might walk in while the others are down. Besides, won't be long at all b'fore Quick is back up, Optimus is still runnin' around, Ironhide and Prowl and Magnus. The Autobots've handled everything so far, they'll handle it again. *Inferno listens to the frequency communication.
"That's Hound... Sounds like he's got trouble too."
-------

Mirage walked up next to Smokescreen, transformed and also waited for the humans to get inside.
-------

Trailbreaker saw Getaway pull up and grinned. "Hey hey- howdy there Getaway! Come on in- yeah, Sunny's supposed to be here, but apparently he isn't here yet."

Trailbreaker opened the door and jumped slightly as he saw the yellow figure inside. He laughed and grinned widely.
"Or maybe I'm wrong. Gotta tell Hoist we either need a doorbell or you need your audio receptors check Sunstreaker."
-------

Relaxing was about the last thing Prowl wanted to do, but he didn't have much of a choice. The backup medics had done most of the significant damage repair, but hadn't fixed all of it. He watched the medics leave and let his systems do a diagnostic.

The results were disappointing. He closed his optics and tried to run through the recent events, but found he couldn't- the medical equipment was still running his main systems and that meant not all of them were active so his repair systems could focus on the more damaged areas. He sighed almost soundlessly and then opened his optics again as he heard someone come in.

He let out a barely audible mirthless laugh.
"Hi Ratchet... guess I made another tactical error."
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

The comm crackled to life.

"This is ****age of the La** ****ary Mini-Co*** We're trap*** **re in Carbo**ya, and we n**d to get *** of h**** C** *** ***ist us?"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Nightbeat: "We'll be coming to get you..... minicons. Stay down and keep under cover." -codes frequency into commlink- "My name's Nightbeat. I'll contact you when we get there."
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Skyfall approaches the medbay and transforms, the doors open and he walks in. He serveys the room and spots Minerva working on Star Saber:

"Is he going to be ok?"
Quick Switch

Heinrad: the Security Director's office is in the Command Wing.

Post by Quick Switch »

Quick looked out the porthole and watched grimly. He mused:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Alternate reality units bring nothing but chaos in their wake. I was proved right with Rodimus Convoy, and I'm proved right again with this unit. And apparently we have Decepticon prisoners from another alternate time stream. I'll deal with them shortly.

The Six Changer's expression turned into an expression of frustration

Cerebros' diffident voice broke over the comm.

"Director, the unit has stood down. Contact me if you require Fortress Maximus' assistance."

Quick said nothing, but clicked back off the frequency in confirmation.

Cerebros. Pacifist. No better than First Aid, really, but he follows orders at least. Good that's he locked up in this second rate city anyway. Let the real warriors do the fighting. Here he won't be able to do any damage. How I can't wait to get back to Cybertron, out of this oafish city, and off this confounding organic planet.

Quick left his office, moving back toward the medical wing. He passed Inferno and Nightbeat in the corridor without a second glance, stride purposeful, and expression (as usual) intense.

Stall followed after Perceptor.

"Er, I believe I'll return with you, yes," the historian replied, re-adjusting his neck bolts. He smiled weakly at Wheeljack, happy to leave his erratic colleague's office.

"I do hope these supplies do some good, for in truth, the nature of this project is out of my field," he admitted.

Dirge blinked his optics- at Wreck-Gar's outlandish dialect, Stratus' hopping back and forth, and Aero Blade's questions.

The fact that he'd been assigned to an actual Autobot outpost was just beginning to register, and he frowned.

This is a new level of pressure. If I fail....

"Let's just goooo," he said finally, profoundly uncomfortable. The jet shifted, wringing his hands.

The assembled American military officers said nothing for a time, listening to the speech after having entered the room.

Spike received a few glances, but nothing more than that. The officers had a dim idea who Witwicky was, since at one time he'd been an Ambassador-or-Something-Or-Other-For-Earth. Fancy title which basically translated to "civilian".

The outburst from the dinosaur was unpleasant, but the speech had been well delivered and...heartfelt, as bizarre as that term may seem. If the other Autobots weren't exactly a beacon of confidence: Optimus Prime certainly was. And wasn't that all that mattered? After all, he led them. And led them well.

"Well said, Optimus Prime," Hauser replied, smiling. The infighting was an internal issue between the giant robots, and the officers had no interest in Autobot squabbling per se. "Well said. Of course, you have the United States Military's full support."

"If not the United States Government," Faireborne said wistfully. Might as well let the Autobots know. 'Dead in committee' was a phrase the General was quite familiar with, having set through many Armed Service hearings in the Congress. If advised correctly thanks to General Abernathy, the current President might see the utility in helping the Autobots save the civilized world.

"We ought to be headin' out since we were delayed already," Hardy said, re-adjusting his sunglasses.

Hinton cracked his knuckles in agreement, full of nervous energy.

"Let's cast off," Delgado said, scratching his beard. "Time to convince the international community..." he paused, trying to find humour in the situation, laughed weakly, and found none. "Convince the international community. Sounds good!"
Scout

Post by Scout »

After the humans climbed inside, Smokescreen and Mirage made their way to Jetfire.

Smokescreen clicked over his internal communicator as they drove aboard. "Jetfire, we're headed for the UN conference. Outskirts of the city if you please."

Then he clicked onto his cabin communicator. "We'll be there in just a short time my friends. Feel free to turn up the radio or get out if you wish after we're in the air. Thanks for your support. We'll need it."
-------
As Nightbeat monitored the minicons, Inferno watched Quick Switch pass and got a sullen look. He waited until the sixchanger had rounded the end corner of the hall and then walked to the monitors and sat down with a resigned expression.
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

"Don't mention it," Delgado said, smirking. "Trust me, Uncle Sam'll bill ya, one way or another."

"You are some aircraft whoohee!" Hardy said, letting out a whistle at Jetfire's confines.

"Oh man, that's no consolation- we still got to go to the United Nations!" Hinton said bitterly.

Hauser and Faireborn exchanged glances, but said nothing, smiling slightly.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

What do rocks have to do with anything? Aero Blade thought, pondering Wreck-Gar's latest steam of intellegible speeched. He turned to Dirge when the jet spoke up, nodding his head in agreement. "Yeah, let's go ahead and get out of here," Aero Blade answered, ready to get away from the crowds. Once they got to the outpost, Aero Blade would finally be able to play around with his electronic pieces, something he was highly looking forward to.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Wreck-Gar followed Aero Blade.

"Heigh ho, Heigh ho, it's off to work we go..."
God Jinrai
Protoform

pardon the lull on my part

Post by God Jinrai »

Moments seemed like hours... Jetfire had been sighted on approach to pick up Smokescreen and Mirage... and moments latter was gone... but that made things in the command center no better. Once again, It was just Prime... and Grimlock.

"I know what you're thinking, Grimlock. "How can he lead the autobots when he is just standing here while a scout is out there, possibly about to be killed... how can he lead while the decepticons rally to strike... "...

Prime went silent... but then in an almost angered voice.... replied to his own comment...

"How? I'll TELL you how... Every day... the nightmare of losing my autobots to that sickening monster known as the decepticon army twists a knife deeper and deeper into my spark. I try, Grimlock... and I DO... because before.... during the original wars for cybertron.. .the very war that you dared to pressure me in... I saw what the future brought. In my battle with Megatron... we traversed time.... I SAW Hotrod... Fortress Maximus... Metroplex... countless autobots before they were even CREATED! I saw our path would eventually lead here... to earth... and back... and here yet again... but... I couldn't see everything. I couldn't see the eventual comming of unicron... I wouldn't see the quintessons' second invasion... None of it. I wouldn't see the Liege Maximo's plot... to twist unicron's godhood and attempt to enslave him... I could see NOTHING. And yet I still went on... nearly BLINDLY... into a void where a wrong decision could have cost me the very things I cherished most. "

Prime went silent again....

"It's because of knowing I can't lose... the fact that if we fail... the universe will be effectively wiped out in the end... How can I claim to wield the Matrix truly, and without doubt? Because I AM whom I am, Grimlock. Prime by any other name is still a Prime. But there is... was... and ever will be only ONE Optimus Prime. No matter the physical form... Every day has been a struggle... "Can I find the key to unlocking the light in the universe?" Can I truly find the way to end this war? Without costing us all our lives? Or for that matter, the lives of others? It doesn't stop, Grimlock. You've not seen what I have... heard what I've heard... and been effectively helpless to change the course of history. Do you know WHY I was helpless??? Because to change the past is to change the present... had I acted... and not simply set what I heard and saw into the back of my mind... nearly forgetting it... You... may not exist as you do now... in fact, MANY of us may not exist at all! And let me ask you, Grimlock... a question which you yourself may have no answer to. What will.. or rather WOULD you do... if this war came to an end?"

Prime stared across the room at the dinobot commander....

"What would you do... if truly the war had ended... and peace was restored to the entire galaxy? What would become of you? The "mighty warrior, Grimlock?""
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Brig, Fort Max:

Drillhorn: "Should we be discussing anything?"

Hellbat: "Huh?"

Drillhorn: "The room's got cameras, we don't know if it's wired for sound. Talking like this could get us in trouble."

Jalgar: "Drillhorn, we're disabled and secured in the brig of an Autobot base. If we're not in trouble now, we never will be."

Drillhorn: "And if we give them too much information, we could be in even worse trouble."

Hellbat: "All we have to do is show them how non-threatening we are. How eager we are to help. After all, we are nothing at all if not helpful."

Nightbeat: -forwards coordinates of the minicons to Prime and Quick Switch, along with a transcript of the message, heads back to Metroplex-

Medbay, Fort Max:

Minerva: -finishes working on Star Saber, moves over to Victory Leo-
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Skyfall watched as Minerva worked on Victory Leo, he looked at the larger machines inner workings. He was always amazed at the larger bots. Sure they had more power, but they took so much energon and resources to keep running. He was also courious about the combining technology used for it. In his time, they didn't use it alot.

Floating just off to the side of Minerva, muttering out loud to himself.

"Still amazing that a Cybertron Commander could turn into this, it was almost a complete personality shift."