[JTF] BW Neo : Fan Dubbed

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
DrEvil

BW Neo : Fan Dubbed

Post by DrEvil »

It was watchable. I aint gonna explain the plot of it but just what i thought of it.

The video is crystal clear. Beautiful, i wonder how hey got it.

Music: Good in some scenes, empty in others.

Voices: This was the main problem for me. Most are terrible, especially Big Convoy and Galvs. Pretty muffled. Some are hard to hear but the voice at the end is brilliant. It sounds just like the original Primal from BW BUT it's Lio Convoy.

Verdict: Watchable but some of the voices can be annoying at times, REALLY.

I give it a 7 out of 10 for effort and for quality of the picture.

What do you guys think of it?
dai-atlas2000
Protoform

Post by dai-atlas2000 »

From where did you get a dubbed copy of Beast Wars Neo? Is this downloadable of a website? It's the first I've heard of it??

:eek:

As regards the crystal clear picture - the dubbers no doubt used the original source tapes which were released onto the Japanese market - the full series of transformers has been released in Japan on VHS and they would provide a c10 picture - I know because I have several volumes of them.
Dai
(offical tea-boy and unofficial Alt ID of Snake)
RARRRR!!RR!!RRR!R!
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

Not from a website but from Direct Connect. One of the few TF Hubs. I reccomend it.
Cyberman

Post by Cyberman »

Well, I just watched it. The pictures good, the sound is not. The voices are horrible!
It sounds as if they recorded them at 22KHZ 8Bit Mono...
Nice try though, admireable even. Yet, I think it would have been MUCH better if it were a Fan SUB Project.

Alltogether, I´d give it a 5 out of 10. The (IMHO) weak plot didn´t help either. Not their fault, of course, but it´s dragging it down.
New Brandon
Protoform

Post by New Brandon »

Yeah, sorry about the sound quality... Not too much I can do about that. I think it'll improve, but it won't ever be broadcast quality, unfortunately.

I was very impressed with the video I received from my Japanese contact (ripped off a DVD).

A fan sub project wouldn't make sense, as I don't know Japanese and I don't know too many people who do and will help me out with translation. So this isn't a direct translation, more of an interpretation. Sorry.

As far as Big Convoy goes, I explained that in another thread in this very forum. As far as Galvatron goes, well, he hasn't appeared yet. But Magmatron, well, we're working on him.
Hydra Custom
Protoform

Post by Hydra Custom »

[quote]Originally posted by New Brandon
Yeah, sorry about the sound quality... Not too much I can do about that. I think it'll improve, but it won't ever be broadcast quality, unfortunately.

I was very impressed with the video I received from my Japanese contact (ripped off a DVD).

Actually, it woukld be from VHS first, because there were no Neo DVD's.

A fan sub project wouldn't make sense, as I don't know Japanese and I don't know too many people who do and will help me out with translation. So this isn't a direct translation, more of an interpretation. Sorry.

So, you guys basically make up the script as you go, or what?
Visit www.tfcyberbon.com , the premiere site for JTF obscura!

Contact me to trade TV Magazines, Comic Bom-Bom, or pencilboards!
New Brandon
Protoform

Post by New Brandon »

I have brief summaries, but yes. For the first three eps, I have quite extensive summaries.
Jetfire426
Protoform

Post by Jetfire426 »

Hey can you give me the IP address for the DC place?? thanks.. I would really love to check out some of that BW Neo EP's
One shall stand, One shall fall...
New Brandon
Protoform

Post by New Brandon »

Episode two's up. Go to http://www.iaconhub.com for information on how to connect to IaconHub.