[RID,UT] so jetfire is thrust now?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Dead Man Wade

so jetfire is thrust now?

Post by Dead Man Wade »

so i'm watching the episode "prehistory", and i notice yet another name snafu.

right as optimus, et all, are getting ready to leave cybertron, optimus turns to face the sillhouette (sic?) of a transformer shaped like jetfire and says, "thrust, i'm leaving you in charge."

do they even look over the scripts before they dub them?
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

yeah, this has been brought out before, it was obviously an error, just like when Tidal Wave first airred, they called him Shockwave at the end of the episode.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

yes it is believed to be merely because they had not finalised the names, so could this be an indication that jetfire was originally goona be called thrust?
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Savannahtron
yeah, this has been brought out before, it was obviously an error, just like when Tidal Wave first airred, they called him Shockwave at the end of the episode.

Not to mention the fact that, about five episodes later, in "Sacrifice", they call him "Shockwave" FOR THE ENTIRE EPISODE! :rant:

I wouldn't have been as annoying as it was if the episode happened earlier, but by then it was about at the halfway mark of the series.

And errors, no matter how common shouldn't be happening at that point.

In the first ten eps, it was acceptable. Now, it ain't.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

I suppose we agree on something then, bombshell. Granted, The name obviously was lost in the translation... as shockwave was tidal wave in japan... it's... just a MITE inexcusable. granted his cybertronian alt mode did slightly resemble shockwave's cannon mode...