[JTF] A question for all

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
God Jinrai
Protoform

A question for all

Post by God Jinrai »

Concerning foreign series such as masterforce, BW II, BW Neo, Zone, Victory, etc... specifically those series that DIDN'T have an english dub.. no matter how lousy a dub...

Interpretation. Is there REALLY a "right" plot that EVERYONE has to get out of each episode? or Movie in the case of BWII Lio Convoy in Immanent danger..?

Because technically.. even in translation, there is still interpretation... simple words may not directly translate, and you still need to decide exactly what you feel seems right depending on what you see.

For instance... Zone. Hydra Custom has made it clear that I'm wrong concerning my thoughts on certain aspects of Zone. but technically, since it's my interpretation of what I'm seeing... am I really wrong? Sure, there may be a general consensus on what things SHOULD come out to.. but.. does that make one wrong for seeing things differently?

I really do want thoughts on this
dai-atlas2000
Protoform

Post by dai-atlas2000 »

God Ginrai,

As a beginner in learning Japanese I have come to learn that the language, unlike English, is deliberately vague. Therefore one person's interpretation of a piece of spoken text will vary from another in minor ways - even for translation by Japanese speakers.

Also, another factor often not taken into account is the culture difference - which explains why some eps are a bit weird in their ongoings.
Dai
(offical tea-boy and unofficial Alt ID of Snake)
RARRRR!!RR!!RRR!R!