5 reasons why Rodimus had a tougher job than Optimus!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
metroprimeus
Protoform

5 reasons why Rodimus had a tougher job than Optimus!

Post by metroprimeus »

Why I(Rodimus) had a tougher job than Optimus!
1) the constant nagging of Magnus and kup, even Blaster seem to turns serious in season 3?
2) Blur...(Just SHUT UP!), Grimlock...(Why did I let him out of the cupboard?) and wheelie (Who found that ****) I bet Optimus was at Cyberton instead of Autobot City at TF the movie the sole intention was just to avoid talking to Blur.
3) Back then all Optimus had to deal with was Megatron leading his all conquering deceps armies to...steal a few cubes of energon cubes, now I had Galvatron trying to blow up the universe every now and then.
4)I had autobots running away (First Aid...) unlike optimus could have everyone fall in within a minute
5)I could never had a good sleep...Because optimus is responsabile for it. it's unfair, did Alpha Trion ever appear in optimus dream? Now every night, he appear, telling me, hinting me I'm not the leader he was and he disappear just before I get to ask him how can I manage to persaude Grimlock to go back into the cupboard again? If there is anything I want to learn from him, this is it.

Why I(Optimus) had it tougher than Rodimus
1)I had to miss Elita-One on cyberton where else u had Arcee on earth. enough said!
E Nice
Protoform

Post by E Nice »

You forgot to mention the Quintesson threat. Rodimus always had to worry about what they were up to as well.
Murk: We will bring you Bob Barker. We will bring you the limp and beaten body of Bob Barker! - BTVS
Armorwind
Protoform

Post by Armorwind »

Another reason could be the toll that was taken on his psychi. To think, you became leader because the leader before you died because of you. It was completely unintentional, and you can tell that Rodimus Prime had to deal with that on his mind along with many other troubles. This probably goes along somewhat with the Optimus Prime dreams, but it can also be considered as a reason alone.
Life's too short to worry...

Which Colossal Death Robot Are You?
Crazomatic
Protoform

Post by Crazomatic »

LOL metroprimeus!
Silly boys. . . . . . Transformers are for girls!
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Good point Armorwind; you fumble the ball, your boss gets killed because of it, then you get the top job all the while wondering what your troops are thinking of you. You the Prime killer.

I've never thought of it that way. All this time I've only ever considered it his psychological 'measuring up' problems, never the fact that he signed his own leader's death warrant.

Hmmm, no wonder he was ever so slightly depressed. All things considered, he should have driven himself at least half as insane as Galvatron. But you know, I like the season three episodes and the fact that Rodimus had to rely on his little circle of friends (Magnus, Springer, Kup, Wreck Gar and sometimes Arcee) to get things done.

Maybe it was a partial reflection on changing society i.e. the honorable, tough as old boots guardian of all that is sacred and true (Optimus) is a rare thing, kind of like families that stay together. Rodimus had to have his network of mates (although Springer was constantly ripping the piss out of him) in a very 'Degrassi Junior High' type way.

I like that aspect, it made season three more interesting than one and two. There is no one true hero to save us all, its dodgy co-operation and a good dose of luck. Cross your fingers and hope for the best, and pray Blurr gets wasted on the next mission.

You never know, Optimus probably had a teething phase during his early leadership too. Think how many poor bastards he sacrificed because he didn't know what the hell he was doing?

Prowl: "Er, Optimus, all of C-Team have been inadvertently fried".
Optimus: "What? Why?"
Prowl: "Well, you sent them to rendevous with Impactor's squad in the smelting pool outside Polyhex and..."
Optimus: "Oh damn and blast my eyes. Did I say smelting pool? I meant to say the ruins outside Tarn, I'm always getting those two mixed up".

*turns to giant statue immediately behind him of fallen leader*

Optimus: "Oh Deadmeatimus Prime, are you trying to tell me I'm not the leader you were? You don't have to tell me Deadmeatimus... I already know".

Prowl: "Ahem! Sir, the Omnibots have encoutered heavy fire on the streets of Vos".
Optimus: "What? Who in the blue hell told them to go there? That place is crawling with Decepticons".
Prowl: "You did, not some three vorns ago".
Optimus: "Son of a bitch"!
Prowl: "Not to worry sir, i'll just make sure the kids can only get the toys of those guys if they send away with robot points".
Optimus: "Excellent strategy Prowl. Phew! a slight crisis averted methinks. Hey, lets hope I never get so stupid as to send you on a suicide mission eh"?
Prowl: "Perish the thought sir".
Optimus: "Ha ha ha"!
Prowl: "Ha ha ha" (nervously)
Halfshell

Re: 5 reasons why Rodimus had a tougher job than Optimus!

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by metroprimeus
4)I had autobots running away (First Aid...) unlike optimus could have everyone fall in within a minute

Except the Dinobots. And Red Alert. And Grapple. And...
E Nice
Protoform

Post by E Nice »

and...Aerialbots
Murk: We will bring you Bob Barker. We will bring you the limp and beaten body of Bob Barker! - BTVS
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

Originally posted by E Nice
and...Aerialbots

Don't forget Hexnut.
E Nice
Protoform

Post by E Nice »

Come to think of it the Dinobots and the Aerialbots fell in line under Rodimus moreso than they ever did with Optimus. :\
Silly Cow

Post by Silly Cow »

And no one still has told me what Windcharger is taking these days. :mad:

But there is a valid point in this thread also. I actually never noticed how the responsibility is spread on season 3. On the first two seasons it's purely Optimus, on the third season it's Rodimus, Magnus, Kup, Springer etc. It's like Motormaster said in FFoD, the Autobots used to have a great leader. On s3 they only had a good leader with good backup.
Thanks D!
Armorwind
Protoform

Post by Armorwind »

Excellent point, Windcharger, on the fact that we never really saw the beginning of Optimus Prime's leadership (other than in the episode War Dawn). How long did Rodimus Prime really have to prove himself? Two, maybe three years? Whereas Optimus Prime had a much longer time to do so. Plus, defeating the both the Leader of the Decepticons and Unicron on your first day on the job is quite an accomplishment to me (although Optimus Prime did do some awesome things on his day if we refer to both the G1 Cartoon and War Within). Also, at first, Optimus Prime, in War Within, acted very similar to Rodimus Prime at the beginning of his role of leadership.
Life's too short to worry...

Which Colossal Death Robot Are You?
Cyberman

Post by Cyberman »

Originally posted by Windcharger
...I've never thought of it that way. All this time I've only ever considered it his psychological 'measuring up' problems, never the fact that he signed his own leader's death warrant. ...

Well, if I recall the movie correct, he didn´t have much of a choice, did he? Inaction woudl surely have killed OP, action might endanger him.
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

Oh come on! Prime had Megatron on his knees and at point blank range. If Megs had managed to pull that gun into view Prime would have finished him then and there. Not even Cliffjumper could miss at such range.

I reckon he would definitely have killed Megatron if Hot Rod hadn't got in the way, because Megs own sneakiness (going for the gun on the floor) would have killed him.

Prime would then feel remorseful for a few more decades but everyone would console him on the fact that at That moment it was either kill or be killed. Hot Rod could'nt possibly have come in at a worse time, as the movie writers intended.
Cyberman

Post by Cyberman »

Originally posted by Windcharger
...I reckon he would definitely have killed Megatron if Hot Rod hadn't got in the way, because Megs own sneakiness (going for the gun on the floor) would have killed him. ...

I wouldn´t be sure about that one. Megs plead for mercy, and OP isn´t the cold-hearted cruel one who´d kill someone pleading for mercy.
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

But Optimus knows Megatron very well. It wouldn't take a genius to figure out that Megs was playing for time so he could get the gun, and even if he did, its hardly high noon is it?

Megatron has to grab the gun, raise it, aim for a vulnerable spot and shoot. Prime on the other hand, already has his gun aimed and ready. One click of the trigger and Megatron is dead. Not much competition in my eyes.

True, Prime would not willingly kill another being, but in this instance his hand is being forced by Megatron, he doesn't have a choice. If not for Hot Rod's intervention, the outcome would be much different.
Garrason
Protoform

Post by Garrason »

There is one thing that bothered me (even as a kind). WHY did Hotrod not just shoot the gun? He had 6 guns, 3 on each arm one shot and the whole story changes.

And even after Megs had him in a head lock how hard is it to put your arms to his head and pull all six triggers????
If you allways expect disapontment you wont be disaponited
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

Excellent point Garrison, and also excellent point to Armorwind for pointing out many excellent points that are excellent. This is an excellent thread.

But perhaps more excellently, Garrison (he of the most recent excellent point-makery) has raised the excellent issue of Transformer hard-ness. Megatron was a very hard (and excellent) Transformer, whilst Hot Rod (not nearly as excellent, though very stylish in that 80's futuristic way) was by comparison a brash youth with not quite as excellent armory.

I wonder if this suggests 'hit-points' for Transformers (would that be excellent?). Hot Rods 6 guns (established tentatively in previous paragraph to not be excellent) may not do enough damage to Megatrons excellently hard, manly, tough, grisly...... er... robotic body to do any amount of excellent damage.

They do all have tech specs made up of numbers which I suppose must indicate some kind of 'hit point' terminology. I always, for example, fancied having Jazz next to me in a battle situation because on his tech spec it says his skill is 10 (excellent). So if I'm ever in a spot of bother, he'd just whip out his shiny gun and roast the Evil Decepticon who is assailing me.

Hot Rod's six gun things perhaps became more excellent when he transformulated into Rodimus Prime, which then would have the power to tear through large musculatures excellently.

His six guns may have only been as effective as simple pipe cleaners on even a heavily battle scarred Megatron.

One other thing I always wondered about was the fact that the gun Megatron was reaching for seemed so weedy and small. It didn't look like a weapon of any excellent power that could rip an Optimus Prime apart, and yet it did. Maybe this is a 'looks can be deceiving', 'more than meets the eye', 'never judge a book by its cover', 'Bon Jovi really ****ing suck these days, more so than usual' kind of situation.

La la laaaaa, la la la la, la la laaaaaaa la la la la la.

One banana, two banana, three banana four. Something something something the Banana Splits show.

Mmmmmmmmmighty juice!:)

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
deji
Protoform

Post by deji »

whilst Hot Rod (not nearly as excellent, though very stylish in that 80's futuristic way) was by comparison a brash youth with not quite as excellent armory.
He still managed to do enougth damage to the autobot ship to make the decepticons come out of it at the begining of the movie tho ....

myb he just forgot he had perfectly good guns on his arms ... i mean its the kinda thing you tend to forget in the heat of the moment
"Huh, 'me and what army'! I'll show HIM what army."