[Original RPG] End of Days: New Dawn Rising (Decepticon Shuttle)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

Starscream's ego posturing distracted the damaged Galvatron just enough to give Optitron the opportunity he needed. He pulled the energon dagger from his shoulder, snuck up behind Galvatron and stabbed him solidly between the shoulder blades.

Wrapping the injured Decepticon leader into a full-nelson, Optitron held Galvatron in place and said to Starscream, "Now, Starscream! Finish him!"

Starscream stepped forward, and for a moment Octane and Starscream worked as one, their goals the same. He pressed his rifle against the center of Galvatron's forehead and screamed, "NOW, GALVATRON, REVENGE!!!

An incredible burst, and....
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

In an instant the shuttle began to materialize...Skywarp completed his tasks. Galvatron glared at Starscream, holding the gun...so full of pride. But when he looked into Starscream's optics it wasn't Starscream he saw...but...no...it could not be.

The shuttle was now coming out of the warp...and bearing down on cybertron. Starscream/octane pulled the trigger, the shot was fired when...

*blink*

the ribbon simply passed through the materializing ship...yet the ship remained intact, save for one simple fact...Galvatron was gone.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Darkiwing stood back from the pillar of fire that Blazestarter had shot out.

"Gotta risk it", he thought.

He dove through the firewall.

He emerged, charred, but still functional. He took a look around at his surroundings. Everything was normal, except that...

"Galvatron's gone!", he shouted. He ran up to Starscream.

"Tell me where Galvatron is, or I'll rip out your laser core!", he yelled.
AngelOfDeath124
Protoform

Post by AngelOfDeath124 »

Adeara was thrown back as the wall of fire burst into being. Hitting the wall with a minor thud, the shapeshifter jumped ot her feet, sheathed the sword, and jumped through the fire. Landing near Darkwing, she saw that Galvatron was gone. This did not bode well for those who followed Optitron.....
Cryhavoc
Protoform

Post by Cryhavoc »

Razorclaw had been listening the sounds of the battle without reacting to it at all. He had also made sure that his fellow Predacons would not rush to help Galvatron through the firewall. The chances to cause the shuttle explode was too great even though the Predacons could propably make short work of any possible opponent on board the shuttle without firing a single shot. Still he had decided to wait what would happen.

Then he heard a blast fired and saw Darkwing jumping through the firewall. Galvatron gone? But how...? Atleast it seems we are still in one piece. Skywarp made excellent job. He thought.

Other Predacons sat restlessly on their seats, clenching their weapons in their hands, staring at firewall which prevent them to see what was happening behind it.

"I'll rip Optitron and Screamer into pieces if they show their faces this side of the shuttle." Rampage growled angrily.

"Bah. I'll crush them before you even manage to get up from that seat." Tantrum smirked to Rampage.

"Silent. You won't do anything yet." Razorclaw said and continued listening.
Starscreamsghost

Optitron stepped forward, pulling the energon dagger from his chest as he walked. He pulled one of his concussion blasters from subspace and aimed it right into Darkwing's face.

Optitron said, "You'll do nothing of the sort, Darkwing. Stand down, or I WILL end you."

Without lowering his weapon or looking away, Optitron continued, "Magnacrunch, lower the firewall." Magnacrunch raised his hands and shot a steady stream of water, disintegrating Blazestarter's wall of fire. Darkwing and the Renegades were revealed to the rest of the Decepticons in the ship, and their jaws dropped as one when Galvatron could not be seen with them.

Optitron repeated, "Stand down, Darkwing."
Cryhavoc
Protoform

Post by Cryhavoc »

Razorclaw glared angrily at the Renegades, though his expression was hidden behind his faceplate and visor. The commander of Predacons did't like the Renegades though he hadn't respected Galvatron very much either. There had been many times when he would have wanted to rip Galvatron's optics out but he had been able to resist his bloodlust.

Now it was different. After Galvatron had returned, the insane Decepticon leader had acted much more rationally than before, thus earning some respect in Razorclaw's books too. Now Galvatron was gone, replaced by the Renegades... lead by enigmatic Optitron and the whiny scumbag Starscream on his side.

Starscream... how badly he wanted to rip the arrogant seeker into shreds. But this wasn't the right place or time for it. Razorclaw relaxed on his seat, continuing observing the happenings inside the shuttle and forcing the other Predacons to do the same.

[This message has been edited by Cryhavoc (edited 12-10-2001).]
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Dreadwind came up beside Darkwing, as Darkwing glared at Optitron.

"I take no orders from you, you miserable scrap pile", he said defiantly. "And I never will!"

He then turned towards the other Decepticons who were loyal to Galvatron.

"If you follow him, you'll only head to destruction. I say that we give these fools what they for coming."

He and Dreadwind pointed their guns at Optitron and Starscream. He then addressed the other Renegades.

"Any of you move", said Dreadwind, "And they get it."
AngelOfDeath124
Protoform

Adeara listened, her anger only growing. Once everyone finished talking, she spoke. "First off, Optitron, how many here do you think will follow your command? You have that motley crew," she motioned to the Renegades, "while we have trustworthy fighters. If a fight broke out, who do you think would win?" The shapeshifter carefully channeled her energy as she spoke, prepared to send a huge blast of fire at the first person on Optitron's side to make a move.....
Starscreamsghost

The tension inside the New Dawn was incredible. All the Renegades had their weapons drawn, prepared for even the slightest offensive maneuver against them. Robot for robot, the Renegades were probably more powerful than their Decepticon counterparts, but the law of averages gave the advantage in an all-out conflict to the troops of the disintegrated Galvatron.

Optitron could feel that now was the moment of truth for his relationship with the Decepticons. He desperately wanted to lead them to victory in the conquest of Cybertron, and he had genuinely felt that he was more qualified than Galvatron to do just that. Galvatron's victory over the Autobots on Earth had undermined that theory to an extent, but if Optitron had felt that Galvatron had redeemed himself at Autobot City, he showed no signs of it. He looked into the optics of Dreadwind, Darkwing, and Adeara, and could see that if he could not gain their confidence now, he would never be able to.

He said calmly, "Decepticons, I have no desire for a battle, not on this shuttle, not anywhere. We may be young, and our origins of creation may be very different from yours, but we all are Decepticons, first and foremost." He gestured at the sight outside the windshield: Cybertron. He continued, "Our final conquest of the Autobots is here. If we are unable to work together, our defeat is assured. You must trust me. Galvatron's intentions as Decepticon leader were selfish and skewed; he was in search only of self-redemption, not of victory for the Decepticon empire. Throughout our history, the name Galvatron has brought nothing but defeat and shame to the Decepticon name. Do you not remember the time you spent under his great 'leadership' on that wonderful planet Charr? Though I was not with you, I have heard of those times; they were far from the glory days of our kind. Our victory at Autobot City is a testament to your mettle as warriors, not his as a leader. I have proven today that I am superior to Galvatron in every way, and that it is I, not he, who was predestined to lead the Decepticons to their final victory on Cybertron. Only with cooperation can we complete that victory. It is time that we end our bickering and do what Decepticons are meant to do: destroy the Autobots."
Cryhavoc
Protoform

Post by Cryhavoc »

Razorclaw listened at Optitron's speech attentively. Hmm... there is some reason behind his words... Galvatron was the reason of our downfall before. It is more likely that the timetraveller Gigatron were the brains behind our success in the attack against the Autobot city...

Razorclaw opened his mental link to other Predacons. "Be ready for everything but don't engage combat without my order."

Rampage's response came instantly. "I want to fight Razorclaw!"

Razorclaw gave Rampage and Tantrum a cold glare, clearly indicating what would happen if they were going to do anything without his orders. "I'm gonna put this Optitron under a test... let's see how he reacts."

A sphere like form emerged to Razorclaw's hand from sub-space without anyone except Divebomb noticing. Next thing that happened was a BOINK sound that the device left as it hit Starscream's forehead and fell to the shuttle floor before Optitron's feet.

"A thermogrenade Optitron." Razorclaw said calmly.

"You have 60 seconds to disarm it. Megatron was able to do it I recall, you should be too if you want anyone here to follow you." Razorclaw continued.

The Predacon commander smiled wickedly under his faceplate and relaxed on his seat. "Time is running. 50 seconds."
Starscreamsghost

Optitron smiled an evil smile as the instrument of the Predacon leader's challenge bounced off of Starscream's cranium. Optitron kicked Starscream aside and picked up the thermogrenade, rolling it about in his hand carelessly. However long it took that scum Megatron to disable such a bomb, Optitron thought, I will take half.

As time ticked away, Optitron said, "Fair enough, Razorclaw. If this is the manner in which I must take command, so be it. Of course, you should have remembered that I can ciphon energy from any mechanism, including this one, before handing me such a challenge." Optitron stood still for a moment, and the timer on the grenade continued to tick. Optitron shook the grenade in hand, then more and more rigorously.

He said distressed, "It's...it's not working!" He looked down and pried open the tiny hole left by the energon dagger Galvatron had plunged into his chest. As he peeled away a bit more of his exoskeleton, Optitron could see, square in the center of his chest, his power chip rectifier.

It was shattered.

"No!" Optitron said, the desperation of the moment beginning to reach him. "My powers...gone! Starscream, you're the scientist! Disable this grenade!"

Getting to his feet, Starscream crossed his arms and said, "Uh uh, Optitron. The rules state that you must disable the grenade, without outside assistance!"

Optitron growled at Starscream and turned back to the grenade, his hand shaking slightly. He used his laser optics to burn away the outer shell of the grenade. The countdown continued...
AngelOfDeath124
Protoform

Adeara wasn't convinced by the speech. She hadn't been on Charr, and therefore had no idea of what Optitron spoke of. All she knew was that she trusted Galvatron, almost as much as she trusted her own sword, and she wasn't going to follow Optitron. She'd rather die. Then, one of the others tossed a round device at Starscream, which bounced off and landed on the ground at Optitron's feet. Her 'optics' flicked towards the one who tossed the device. (With permission from Cryhavoc) She then opened a telepathic link to him. ~What the frag are you doing?? If he doesn't disarm that, we're all toast!~
Cryhavoc
Protoform

Post by Cryhavoc »

...the countdown continued and accelerated...

Razorclaw watched amusedly the look on Optitron's face, as the Renegade leader tried to disarm the grenade desperately. Then he felt Adeara forcing her way to his mind. "Don't worry fleshling... that grenade only makes little smoke effect. I removed the explosives from the bomb earlier."

"10 seconds left..." Razorclaw said calmly and continued to stare at Optitron.

Some of the other Predacons however had to turn away from Optitron in their attempt not to burst into laugher.
Starscreamsghost

A thousand thoughts raced through Optitron's mind as he frantically rummaged through the interiors of the grenade, searching for the safety wire that would save all their lives.

I can't believe that Predacon would do this. He's placed the lives of every Decepticon on this shuttle in my hands, and now he stares, almost hoping I fail. Guess this grenade is the Decepticons in a Cybertronic nutshell.

Just then, Optitron found the wire. He snipped it carefully and dropped it on the metal ground with the counter reading :02.

He said, "I am!" Once again, Optitron gestured towards Cybertron. "We are now within striking distance of Iacon. Will you follow me, Decepticons, or will I be forced to sacrifice you to the hand of Optimus Prime?"

[This message has been edited by Starscreamsghost (edited 12-11-2001).]
AngelOfDeath124
Protoform

Once she heard Razorclaw's response, Adeara had to fight from bursting into laughter. Forcing herself to calmness, she watched as Optitron defused the 'dud'. The shapeshifter had no plans of swearing allegience to Optitron, not without knowing if Galvatron was dead or just floating around somewhere. She frowned, as she felt her shifting abilities, once hampered from the warping, fix themselves. (bear with me here, as I can't remember what form Adeara's in.) She shifted to her normal form, looking like an ant compared to the Decepticons around her, then back to her Decepticon form. I hate being so dependent upon a form to fit in....
Starscreamsghost

bah.

[This message has been edited by Starscreamsghost (edited 12-11-2001).]
Cryhavoc
Protoform

Post by Cryhavoc »

Razorclaw got up from his seat and turned to face the Renegade leader. For a moment Razorclaw stared silently at Optitron from optic to optic.

Then he broke the silence. "Well done Optitron... you passed our little test." He said and took the grenade from Optitron's hands. Then Razorclaw closed his hand around the grenade, grinding it to metal dust.

"The Predacons will follow you Optitron." Razorclaw said then and sat down on his seat. "Atleast for now..." He added through comm-link to his fellow Predacons.

The Predacon commander relaxed on his seat again and turned his head towards Optitron and Starscream. "So... what we're going to do now oh mighty one?" He smirked.
Starscreamsghost

Optitron understood that rallying the Decepticons behind him following Galvatron's destruction would be difficult; still, he was in no mood to tolerate any doubting tones from the likes of the Predacons.

He turned to the Predacons' seating area and said, "Remove the sarcasm from your voicebox, or I'll remove your voicebox from your head, Razorclaw." Returning his attention to the Cybertronian landscape, Optitron watched as the New Dawn slowed and hovered high above the Cybertronian city Iacon.

As Blackout activated the auto-pilot and the Renegades lined up near the airlock, Optitron turned and wrapped his massive hand around Starscream's throat and said, "That goes for you as well, Starscream."

"Ack...erg...very well, mighty Optitron, but shouldn't...ack...shouldn't we contact the Decepticons on Cybertron? We need...urk...reinforcements!"

Optitron tossed Starscream to the ground and said, "We need no reinforcements. We are the elite of the Decepticons' forces. No Autobots below shall stand against us and live." He turned to the Decepticons and said, "Now, Decepticons! You are the greatest our kind has to offer! Scorponok, Sixshot, Skywarp, Thundercracker, Predacons, Dreadwind, Darkwing, Adeara! To the Autobot City...destroy anyone and anything in your way, and destroy Optimus Prime!"

Optitron blasted the air lock open and hurled himself from the shuttle, the five Renegades close behind him. As he plummeted toward the titanium roof of Iacon, the white-and-black Decepticon terror drew his twin concussion blasters and blasted a huge hole in the roof, screaming, "Autobots, DIE!!!!"

(OOC: This concludes the "New Dawn" thread. Insert your characters into the action in the Cybertron thread. --S-Ghost)