[Original RPG] Invasion Part 2: Hostile Intentions

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

"He's still up there," Wheeljack commented. "Come on, kid. Send that signal."

A moment later, a blaster shot seared through a part of the top tower handhold-rail above the Autobots' ducked heads.

"Eh, that was gonna happen," Wheeljack sneered. "Kid's on his own anyway, head back down."

Tal'Noktaraus blasted the much smaller group of scraplets with water, letting the hose and gravpump recall what water on the floors and bulkheads that it could. They'd lost about sixty percent of their water supply in the process and time, but the Scraplet problem seemed to be more under control. A few more minutes and they would no longer be a problem.

"Keep it up, we're almost through!" he shouted.

------------------
------------------
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Galvatron sneered at Optitron then began to laugh.

Galvatron: "Mwa-hahahaha! You hear that Cyclonus? This buffoon believes the matrix and the mantle of leadership of the Decepticons belong to him...bwa-hahahahaha! Look around you fool...you had nearly five years to accomplish something like this and you did nothing! In five hours I have wrought more destruction on the Autobots than you in your entire, miserable life! Look around you...everywhere you see Decepticons fighting with pride...fighting for a cause...fighting to conquer! You couldn't even lead them to a picnic!"

Galvatron glared at Optitron's weapons: "you're pathetic...you should no that I have no weaknesses...I cannot be beaten! So I give you one chance to return to the fold...if not I will show you first hand what I do to traitors...ask Starscream about it...it is not pleasent! Gigatron, to my side...we may have a problem to discuss! So what will it be Optitron...oblivion or servitude...the choice is yours!"
Philcom
Protoform

Post by Philcom »

Ultra Magnus stopped in his tracks, looking in the horizon, seeing an oppurtunity. "Head over to the command center without me! I think I just found a weakness." Magnus yelled to Bushido over the noise.

When Optimus was sure the Autobots have boarded the other ship. He boarded it himself. Oddly there was there noone on that ship except the Autobots that just boarded it. "Fortress Maximus GO!"

Maximus disconnected and started it's short trip. Then suddenly a mine went off. "Keep going! Hopefully he won't actiavte all of then now, he may still be close. Then head to the sun, full speed now!"

Ultra Magnus observed the scuffle between Optitron and Galvatron. "Decepticon Matrix?!? That's what Prime was feeling..." Magnus prepared to do something although he didn't know what at the time...
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Thundercracker quickly regained his composure, and shut the doors behind him again. Now aware that no Autobots were hidden in the room with him, he flicked on his chest mounted flashlights, illuminating patches of the room.

He afforded himself a cursory glance upwards at the way he'd come in - a girder had collapsed above, sealing the route. He curiously wondered how many storeys he'd plummeted through, then returned to the sight before him.

A quick count revealed about a dozen of them, give or take. He wasn't sure of their purpose, but he recognised the design without a doubt. Chryo-Stasis tubes. Similar to the tubes of transferrance aboard the Ark all those years back.

He glanced up and down the rows, and saw that the bulk of them were occupied. He picked one at random, and tried to make out what was inside... he could only make out vague shapes... some bits metallic, some almost organic... Thundercracker's knowledge of terran crustaceans wasn't exemplary, but he'd have sworn on Starscream's life that there were giant crab's legs floating in there. He glanced up at a flicker of light - a small pod was within the tube, a sub-compartment almost. Definitely part of the structure, but deliberately seperated. A small pulsating ball of energy throbbed menacingly from within.

Thundercracker shuddered, and moved along the line...
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

"your faltering will be your downfall Ultra Magnus" Skywarp yelled as he screeched past firing his cannons on a low-level course.

"Don't you understand, you can't beat the might of the Decepticon empire, led by Galvatron" he continued as he banked, coming back for a second strike.

"By the order of Galvatron, you will die today, and Autobot City *will* fall"
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

"Freon, you COWARD!" Burner growled. "How could you simply leave the ship to the Autobots! The shields were intact, the gun cannons could have done SOME damage to that flying city!"

"And we all would have been vaped moments later!" Freon rebuttled. "No, this was the best move--leave the Decepticon ship to the Autobots if they want it. We're heading back to Cybertron."

"Yeah, maybe we are," Burner said in a low tone. "But, not with you as Captain--"

Freon's optics lit far too bright for normal standards a moment later. Sparks flew from his back as Bruner ripped his energon dagger from his back all the way up to Freon's cranium. The cowardly Decepticon slumped forward in a mass of smoke and sparks.

Burner hauled the Decepticon out of the command chair. "Decepticons, back to Cybertron. We have no ship to combat with, but we'll return!"

------------------
------------------
Hun-Grrr

Post by Hun-Grrr »

"Affirmative Galvatron." Trypticon said and closed the comm-link.

"Galvatron wants us to deploy the sentinels and fill our tanks." Trypticon said. "Very well Trypticon." Devastator growled. Devastator immediately disengaged into six Constructicons, who then made their way inside Trypticon.

As the Constructicons had reached the command center inside Trypticon, Scrapper adressed the giant. "Move out from the human city, transform into your own city mode and unleash the sentinels you have to New York."

The gigantic Decepticon battlefortress lifted off and moved majestically over the highest buildings of New York city towards the limits of the largest city of United States. As Trypticon reached his destination, he landed and transformed into city mode, his highest parts towering up to 1600 meters. Trypticon's main entrance openened and hundreds of sentinel droids began to march into New York City to keep order.

Couple of minutes after the sentinels had marched out, worker droids and large vehicle began to came out from Trypticon. One of the large vehicles stopped couple hundred meters from Trypticon and transformed, forming somekind of a building. Then four other vehicles surrounded it and transformed, forming a large building together. Twenty sentinel droids surrounded the building and the worker droids marched inside it.

"Excellent! The first sentinel factory has been formed!" Scrapper rejoiced. "Activate the worker factory units Trypticon!"

Three more vehicles rolled out from Trypticon, forming another building, although not as big as the first one. The sentinel droids in the area regrouped and surrounded both of the factories. After about half an hour first new units from the factories came out.

Then Long Haul and Mixmaster drove out from Trypticon, carrying large power cable. They headed towards the nearby nuclear power plant. As they reached the building, they transformed and connected the cable into the power plant. Mixmaster opened comm-link to Trypticon. "Okay. You can begin filling your energy storages." After Trypticon finished recharging, Long Haul and Mixmaster took the powercable and returned to Trypticon.

Hook opened the inner communication systems of Trypticon. "Quantum, Hyperdrive, Lightspeed and Quickseek! Report at once to command center!"

Soon four seeker stepped into the command center of Trypticon. Hook turned to adress them. "As you now the humankind has surrendered. We activated the first of our droid factories near the large human city. It's your job to take care of the facilities. You know what you have to do. Go. You're dismissed." Quantum nodded and lead the other seekers to the factories.

As the seekers left Trypticon, the giant transformed into his mobile battlestation mode and lifted off, heading towards the location of Autobot City.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Thundercracker peered in through the plexiglass of the pods, bemused that they'd survived his sonic boom best remedy that later - wouldn't want Skywarp finding out now...

He gave a running commentary to nobody in particular... "Ugh, Autobot... hmm, empty... b'ah another Autobot... some sort of eh?" Thundercracker peered in through the latest pod, a collection of almost bat-like metallic parts gleamed back at him, with an energy ball stored in a compartment similar to the one he'd seen earlier... he managed to make out a label on a computer panel next to it... "Ray? Ah whatever... Autobot... empty..."

Thundercracker finally came to the last pod, strangely murky, and marked differently to the others. He peered in and recognised the occupant immediately "By the horns of Unicron! Galvatron will be pleased with this..."
StoneCold Skywarp

"Remember ME?"

The giant turned....
that voice, it couldn't be
his body moved in time for God Jinrai's fist to slam into his face. Overlord stumbled backwards, his colossal structure shaking the ground beneath him.

"You'll regret ever coming back, that I promise"

Overlord steadied himself and swung his giant fist towards Jinrai sending his foe backwards, he then opened fire with his chest cannons...
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Thundercracker stared through the plexiglass. At first he'd thought the Decepticon logo was a reflection of himself, but it couldn't be - the positioning was wrong.

There was no doubt any more who it was. Thundercracker may not have seen him in years, but it was difficult to confuse the robot with anybody else. He wasn't sure what his ally was doing suspended in cryo fluid in an Autobot lab on Earth, but he intended to free him anyway.

Thundercracker took a step back, examined the control panel for a moment, shook his head, lifted his arm-cannon and fired.

The plexiglass shattered, the room was flooded with light and the sound of warning sirens, as Soundwave's body thudded onto the floor.
StoneCold Skywarp

Sideswipe was rushing around the control centre when the room filled with the warning red light.

oh no, the stasis tubes, not those, anything but those

He ran over to Mirage and tried to explain that whoever was in that room had to be stopped, but both his and Mirage's audio receptors had not fully recovered. He grabbed Mirage away from the monitor he was watching and showed him the screen.
Mirage glared at Sideswipe as Sideswipe handed him a weapon and pointed toward the monitor again they continued to watch...

Thundercracker saw something glint in the corner, amidst the smoke of the shattered stasis pod. He raised his arm cannon again and fired, shattering the camera in the corner, in the same motion he took out the alarm systems and warning lights. Then turned his attention back to his fallen comrade.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

The light was piercing. It had been dark for so long... cryo fluid has a strange effect after a while... it stops working. Time doesn't freeze, it just distorts... but now it was back to normal...

Soundwave clambered to his feet, and found himself steadied by a familiar pair of hands. He looked his aide in the face, and for a moment thought that he was going insane.

"Thundercracker?!"
Philcom
Protoform

Post by Philcom »

Ultra Magnus turned to Skywarp comig right for him. He shot one of his arm missles at the Seeker jet. "You first, Decepticon!"
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Soundwave looked up and down at the Decepticon in front of him. In appearance it was definitely Thundercracker... but... how? Could the past events have been part of my time in that pod? Have the Autobots been drip-feeding me memories for the past thirty years? The Ark? Shockwave? Galvatron? All of it just a sick joke to see what makes me tick?

"Soundwave? You okay?"

"yrrrrs" Hmmm. Vocal synapses not yet realigned. One way to find out what's gong on without resorting to lengthy monologues however...

Thundercracker never even noticed Soundwave scanning his mind, searching through the nooks and crannies, ferreting out all the available information on recent events. Along with all the incidental little things - hopes, anxieties, fears, recriminations. In a little under a microsecond, Soundwave new more about Thundercracke than the jet himself did.

"Same old Thundercracker. Being brought back online hasn't changed you a bit."

Thundercracker was baffled "I don't know what you mean..."

"Of course not" smirked the recovered Soundwave "how foolish of me. Galvatron finally located the Decepticon Matrix then? How interesting."

Thundercracker stared blankly "How did you..?"

Soundwave turned away and looked around the chamber. "Let's see what we have here, shall we?"
AngelOfDeath124
Protoform

Post by AngelOfDeath124 »

Adeara paused what she was doing. She sensed two Decepticons inside Autobot City. "What in the name of the Creator.....?" Walking forward, Adeara's mind reached out to see what two they were. Of course, they were minds she didn't know, but the one was fuzzled, a bit confused. The other was in shock. "By the Creator...." Turning around, she yelled, "We got two Decepticons inside the city!"
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

"I shall be there momentarily."

Gigatron dove from his circular aerial vigil on the usurpers' confrontation. As he neared the ground, he transformed to robot mode and landed next to Galvatron.

"Optitron, I presume. I've heard much about you. But not too much..."

He turned his head to Starscream.

"No doubt you are the cause of this. Consider yourself fortunate that I was never your chief; one life would be a reward beyond your 'servitude'."
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Jinrai managed to move enough that the blow glanced him... overlord's cannons began to tear at his armor... but it wouldn't stop him... "No, overlord... It's YOU that will regret surviving! Giga and Mega... you two have caused far too much grief for humanity... you're disgraces to the human race!" Jinrai's plasma cannons roared to life again, as he dove to the side, returning fire from overlord's strike...
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Soundwave stood rigid, examining the bank of pods, examining each one closely.

All Thundercracker could do was watch, his mind rushing with things to say How did he get here? How did he know about the Matrix? Did he scan my mind? What else did he find out in there? What ARE these pods for? What's in them?

Soundwave barely glanced up as he flatly spoke "I was on routine surveillance after Galvatron vanished, I was spotted and captured. During the battle I was damaged. The Autobots, compassionate to a fault, put me in a cryo-tube to give my system the chance to repair, and so that I wouldn't cause any problems."

Okay, thought Thundercracker that I can buy... "What are those thi-"

"The 'things', as you so eloquently put it, that are within these pods are of somewhat dubious origin."

"How di-"

"How did I know what you were going to say?"

By the Primal Program, Soundwave - STOP IT! The jet was curious more than anything as to the response.

Soundwave chuckled. A cold, mechanical laugh, with a touch of bemusement. "Very well. Before loading me up in the pod, the Autobots wanted me to help shed any light on these things..." he gestured towards the sea creatures within the pods. "I of course refused. Not because I knew what they were, though I naturally implied that I did, but because I felt it prudent to keep my options open."

It was no good, Thundercracker was fed-up of Soundwave's crypto-speak and semi-truths already. He mentally spoke a phrase to carry it across to his associate, but garnered no reaction. Either Soundwave was playing fair again, or was at least pretending to. "Just cut the babble, and give me the scoop."

"Momentarily." Soundwave was tapping away at a bank of computers nearby. "There." A small disk ejected itself from the console. Soundwave scooped it up and concealed it in a storage cavity in his forearm. "Now, if I am not mistaken, we are in a perfect strategic position to aid Galvatron. Radio a signal to him."

Thundercracker lifted his wrist-comm, and then stopped. "Perhaps it would be a better idea if nobody were to be aware of your presence yet."

Soundwave stared at the jet for a moment "Ah, I see what you have in mind."

"Yes, I know you do. You're going to have to stop doing that."
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

Hound made walked quickly into the command center to see Sideswipe and Mirage working at the stations and trying to reroute dead monitors. "Hey guys," Hound said, his own voice still sounding canned through his audio receptors, "we've got some problems..."

"We've been watching," Sideswipe interrupted. "And we got some bad guys in the base."

"And they're all over the outside perimeter," Hound sighed. "Making their way in now. You know, we might not have much of a choice..."

He let his voice trail off, watching Sideswipe stare at a monitor which had gone to static before Hound had even started talking. Mirage had turned his head suddenly in Hound's direction, as if he'd just noticed him, but went quickly back to work. "I just took recon of the situation up and down--there's no way out by way of brute force..."

A sudden jolt hit the command room, and one of the consoles sparked heavily.

"I don't like it either," Hound stated, "but we can't win, and at least we'll take some of them with the base. Evacuation will be a different challenge."

Sideswipe's entire body froze as he thought it over, and when his head inclined forward in defeat, Hound took to the private comm relay. He keyed Ultra Magnus' internal frequency. "Magnus, this is Hound. We're prepping for a code-three-three. I'll need your authorization signal, copy?"

------------------
------------------
Philcom
Protoform

Post by Philcom »

The dust was sturred up, Magnus had not known whether the missle hit it's mark, then he got a signal. "Evacuate?!? We can't leave this world to the Decepticons." Magnus looked around him this could easy turn into another 2005. He didn't want to loose so many. Ultra Magnus didn't know what to do, "Sideswipe I'm processing the request, stand by."

[This message has been edited by Philcom (edited 09-29-2001).]