Chat Thread

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sades

Post by Sades »

This is fantastic.

http://asoftmurmur.com/
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Nifty. :up:

Currently doing something similar with shouty punk.
Sades

Post by Sades »

It's so nice. I have almost fallen asleep while sitting here listening to a combo of rain/thunder/fire at least twice since finding it. I also put it on while I scratched some graphite across paper attempting to make shapes.

Also-

Pluto has a sad.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Sades

Post by Sades »

****sakes, I keep an ungodly amount of junk.

Literal junk. I just threw out multiple sample sizes of products I'm never going to use, business cards, random baby shit I got for free, shit I bought cheap for little projects here and there ("Oh, maybe I should keep this, I might nee-no one needs an arm's length of velcro tape, getridofit"), buttons, like three lip balms (I keep buying the ****ers because I misplace them), red lipstick that I somehow own despite my never ever having worn bright red lipstick, makeup I probably bought in like 2003, nail polish I haven't used in at least that long, a tiny keychain flashlight that broke but I kept because "it still works, and you never know when you're going to need one"- I've probably had this thing for ten years, I'm never going to ****ing use it- cassette tapes, WTF. Small bits of wrapping paper that were too small to wrap shit with, but too big to justify just throwing out. Four glue sticks. Two tealights. Another keychain flashlight (that I just blinded myself with, because I'm a moron. SPOTS). And mail. So much old mail. I just want to burn it all.

For someone that likes to get rid of shit, I'm a ****ing packrat.

Edit: I just found a box of Christmas cards that are covered in glitter. I must have bought these to send to people I didn't like.

Edit2: 4 AM and all's well. I have to get up in four hours but I'm too busy blowing apple-scented bubbles and singing my little heart out. And trying to do it as quietly as possible.

... Surrounded by various piles of assorted crap that is either going to charity, going to the dump, or going back into the closet. Blargh.

edit3:

edit4: And here I am again.

Don't ever, ever move house.

Popped up on iTunes. Reminds me of working in a call centre, ha.

Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I love your posts Sades, they always make me smile.

I'm quite good at getting rid of shit I don't need and do try and keep crap like what you described above to a minimum (although I am terrible at getting rid of receipts - oh, wallet's full of old receipts, I'll just shove them in this drawer and keep doing this until the f**king thing is so full I can't get into the drawer 'cos it wont open, why I find using he shredder such a chore is beyond me), but I think I throw so much stuff out to compensate for all the other stupid guff that my girlfriend has "because I need them for work" (the 4m of fall pipes and guttering and a huge box of plastic ducks were just awesome to have in a two bedroom house with next to no storage space).
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Ugh I'm a pseudo hoarder, I just drop things into my storage totes and bury it later forgetting it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2
Sades

Post by Sades »

Thanks. It's kinda nice to know my gibberings are entertainment for someone.

(meanwhile, everyone else is like "STOP ENCOURAGING HER" :o )

... I bought a really long t-shirt with a cute graphic on it (I'M AN ADUUUULT) to sleep in, pretty much just grabbed off the rack. Didn't notice the glitter. Who puts glitter on a nightshirt?!
Skyquake87 wrote:although I am terrible at getting rid of receipts - oh, wallet's full of old receipts, I'll just shove them in this drawer and keep doing this until the f**king thing is so full I can't get into the drawer 'cos it wont open, why I find using he shredder such a chore is beyond me)
Roundabout the time I started using money independently, my parents told me it was important to keep the receipts I got, in case I wanted to return something. So, I did. For years. I probably kept that up for waaaayyyy longer than I should have. And yes, there's still receipts everywhere.

, but I think I throw so much stuff out to compensate for all the other stupid guff that my girlfriend has "because I need them for work" (the 4m of fall pipes and guttering and a huge box of plastic ducks were just awesome to have in a two bedroom house with next to no storage space).
I think I do it mainly because it makes picking up and moving easier if you have less stuff. I am so glad Hound is going to be packing the Transformers, because I don't want to do it...

I complain about Hound's comics once in awhile, because he's got longboxes currently filling the storage room and we probably wouldn't have to rent a storage room in the parking garage if they weren't filling up the one in our apartment... but that's just my curmudgeonly tightwad talking. I'd never really expect him to get rid of his comics (I think he might get rid of me first :p ).
Selkadoom wrote:Ugh I'm a pseudo hoarder, I just drop things into my storage totes and bury it later forgetting it.
Yeah, I do that too. I have these plastic drawer things that kind of act as a catch-all. That's what I was clearing out.

I'm so annoyed, because I still have a box full of stuff I don't want to get rid of. Even though I know I'm never going to use the headset that came with my 360, I'm hanging on to it because "This is useful, I might know someone who needs one! And it's perfectly good, it'd be a shame to toss something that's never been used..."

That's sooo a packrat mentality, isn't it? :lol: I better be careful I guess. But getting rid of all this baby stuff feels good, it was just sitting in a closet.
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Oh god thats funny. I keep my stuff because of lazyness or some misguided sentimental reason. The amount of old unused dvd cases or vhs boxes i find and keep is astounding.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I can kind of understand the VHS boxes/ covers. When a lot of VHS films got upgraded to DVD, no one really gave much of a toss about artwork.

Exhibit A:

Josie And The Pussycats - VHS has nicely laid out picture of the girls with logo on a white background, and the DVD has this photoshopped piece of crap on a red background. Booo.

@Sades. My girlfriend isn't keen on my comic book longboxes. And I only have two! (Well, I do have 3, but I'm clearing stuff out of that as I never read it/ don't have space).
Attachments
JATPCDVD.jpg
JATPC.jpg
Sades

Post by Sades »

My two year old just asked me if we could go to Sodor :lol:
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Sades wrote:My two year old just asked me if we could go to Sodor :lol:
Just make sure you keep him away from Gordon. He can become rather Cross
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Sort of -- the Skarloey railway's one of the closer analogues;

http://www.greatlittletrainsofwales.co.uk/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talyllyn_Railway
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

As a child I was taken to the York railway museum by my grandmother and was told it was Sodor. I believed her so it could be a decent stand in.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I keep reading "Sodor" as "Sodom", which makes York sound much more interesting.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Sades

Post by Sades »

We have about as much chance of going to the York Railway Museum as we do going to Sodor. :p We took her to a local historical park that has a train recently, took her on a train ride too. Though I think she enjoyed looking at the train more, she didn't seem to realise she was ON the train while we were riding.

I think we might have a local train museum as well, actually. I'll have to look into that.

I need to invest in a cabin in the mountains. I'm done. I'm done with all of these boxes and all of this mess and all of this stupid stress.

I'm just gonna lie on the floor and stare at the ceiling for awhile. :p
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

inflatable dalek wrote:I keep reading "Sodor" as "Sodom", which makes York sound much more interesting.
I don't live there anymore so its nothing like Sodom.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Hound's texting me, drunk in a bar from his work thing and I'm sitting here like "HAHA, YAYYYY IT'S NOT ME FOR ONCE!"

Meanwhile waiting on my Coke, 'cause there's rum in the house and I won't stand for that garbage.
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

The miracle of sitting up til 4am and being dead tires yet not falling asleep!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

electro girl

Post by electro girl »

I bought a fancy new jacket and shirt and now I look like a grownup. Also I got voted skater of the month at roller derby, pretty sweet.
Attachments
11899958_1028080643871704_2772207276150171763_n.jpg
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

HOLY SMOKES!!! YOU'RE NOT A GIRL AT ALL, ELECTRO GIRL!!!