[The video game thread]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Downloaded TellTale's Walking Dead Season 2 Episode 1 and Wolf Among Us Episode 1.

Walking Dead: It's more of the same with more emotional impact, if you like dogs... be prepared, I had to go outside and hug my dog at 2 A.M. it hit me so hard... fyi I'm scared of the dark and I had no jacket and it was freezing. so yeah, it's bad.

Wolf Among Us: VERY impressed with this series!!! Such a unique concept with a great story. Might even dive into the comics it's based on, trust me it's amazing!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkft38 ... qQ19nnewxw check us out!!!
XBOX LIVE gamertag: DaBeardedXeno
PSN ID: tweco99
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Downloaded some character packs for Injustice: Gods Among Us: Batgirl, Martian Manhunter, General Zod and Scorpion.
Destruction is my specialty
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Been playing alot of Team Fortress 2 and No More Room in Hell on steam. Just so much good fun there! Also been playing Lego Marvel Superheroes on my Xbox One, takes a bit to get into but is really fun once you do, also DEADPOOL cameos so that's always a plus. :up:
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I got this silly little game called "Game Dev Story" as the free app of the day a while back, and it's loads of fun. Sort of like the old "Lemonade Stand" concept, but with video games. I just got a #1 seller with my awesome game "It's Reversi!" It was a follow-up to the classic "It's Checkers!"
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Been playing Diablo III and Madden 25. Diablo III is good ole hack 'n' slash fun, and the loot drops are as addictive as ever. I'm playing as a Monk, and I haven't decided if I'm truly glad I chose him or not. Only at Level 7, so there's a ways to go before unlocking the really cool moves.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Picked up Diablo 3 for the PS3. Awesome fun!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I got Arkham Origins for Christmas and have sunk probably twenty hours into it already. It's a lot of fun, though at the same time it's a bit...'been there, done that'. If you liked the first two you'll like this, but you won't find much new. An improved detective mode and enemies who can actually fight Batman hand-to-hand are both nice touches but 90% of the time it feels like playing through Arkham City. I'm devouring it now because the story's keeping my interest but I'm not sure if it'll have the same replay value as the first two have had for me.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii is next on my pile of stuff to play. Always loved Mario, but he'll never take precedence over Batman in my head.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Just gotten the platinum on Darksiders 2, I will now move onto Batman: Arkham City and beat that on New Game Plus as well try to get the 'Friends in High Places' trophy on Red Dead Redemption.
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Picked up Skylanders Swap Force for Xbox One and Pokemon Y to go with my RED 3DSXL pokemon X+Y edition.

Also picked up Batman Arkham Origins for Wii U a week ago... forgot to post.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning for Xbox 360. This game is huge I mean Skyrim huge and if you get The Teeth of Naros and The Legend of Dead Kel DLC it gets even bigger. The world is intriguing and the main quest is exciting and interesting enough to keep you entertained. The final boss fight in the main quest has you fighting probably one of the biggest dragons in video game history (just it's head fills most of the screen). The regions are varied and beautiful. There are a LOT of sidequests and factions to play after the main quest if you are so inclined to do so.

This is one of those games that tries to married a Bioware-type story with a Bethesda-style open world game and it's a bit of mess, I don't find the sidequests or the factions all that interesting and for a game that has one of it's major themes is changing fate there aren't a lot of moral decisions or any decisions other than to attack or talk your way out of trouble. You get the standard character classes of rouge, mage, and warrior and the various cross-classes. It's easy to just to say the hell with it and play as all 3 classes since the game lets you do that as well.

The combat is fun if you like the Fable series style of combat mixed with some really cool and very over-the-top kills called Fateshifting (which is nothing new you've seen before in other games).

The voice acting is good, but not great. I should also state that the use of the dialoge wheel for a silent protagnast does NOT work in any game where the player's character is a mute. The attempt to mix the dialoge wheel with a tradtional wall of text feels weird and is annoying.

This is game tries to be a relvoultionary game and is promoted as being to be from the minds of R.A. Salvatore, Todd McFarlane, and Ken Rolestone on the box, but other than an interesting new fantasy world there is little in the game that feels new or relvolutionary, but the world has potentional that could be explored in new games both of the DLCs show the potentional of this universe (The Legend of Dead Kel reveals that dwaves in this universe don't live underground they sail the oceans I mean come on that alone would be worth another game. I mean sea and possibly pirate dwarves sign me up for that take on a tradional fanasty trope). Sadly I don't think we'll see a sequal anytime in the near future because the studio that made it went bankrupt and the rights for the franchise are currently up for auction.

It may not be revolutionary in gameplay, combat, or story, but it's still a fun game and a great time killer. The storybased DLCs are large and fun (I think The Legend of Dead Kel is the best but that is debatable). So check it out. It's also on PS3 and PC (I think it's on PC, but don't hold me to that).
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Downloaded the freeware Mega Man Unlimited, which I hadn't heard of until somebody mentioned it on YouTube.

Looks-wise, it fits right in with Mega Man 1 thru 6, 9, and 10. Wonderful bit of 8 bit nostalgia.

If you download it, I wouldn't advise starting with Glue Man's stage. I did, and got stuck there, pun not intended. It also drives home the fact that I need an actual console-style controller for my PC.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Boy oh boy did I rack up in the STEAM sales!

Got Half-Life complete which includes EVERY Hal-Life game ever made for $9.99 Damn what a steal.

Metro Last Light for $13.59 can't play it yet, more on that below.

BioShock Infinite AND the season pass for only $15!

Two copies of Garry's Mod $5 each, pissed at this one because it went for $2.39 the next hour...

The Stanley Parable for $11.99, pissed about this one too and it went for $8.99 the next day but the game is WORTH the full price so I can't complain.

I also bought Aliens Colonial Marines for a friend plus the BugHunt DLC for $17.

AND I was gifted Payday the heist.

PHEW! That's alot of games... Some I can play perfectly others I can't. I need to upgrade my CPU to be able to play Metro so I'm going to do that now instead of buying a PS4. Luckily I can play Bioshock on low thanks to the AMD optimization in the game, But I wanta max all these bad boys out so I'll need a new GPU too. But as far as I'm concerned as long as I get to see the amazing world of Metro in the way it's meant to be played... it's all well worth it. I can play Metro but I rock a solid 10 FPS.... so yeah thats complete shit and unacceptable.

Any PC gamers on here wanta recommend a good 3 GHZ or faster AMD processor? :P
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

I bought Tomb Raider reboot for Xbox 360 and it was fun if somewhat annoying with those QTEs.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Big list.

Downloaded Peggle 2... pure gaming bliss!

Also finally caved for PS plus. Downloaded Borderlands 2, Binary Domain, and Poker night at the inventory 2 for PS3.
And Gravity rush and Oddworld stranger's wrath HD on Vita.

Borderlands 2 is well... borderlands. i played it on 360 so a few free trophies I guess.

Binary Domain.... always wanted to play it buy may just delete it... it uses L1 and R1 for aim and shoot... can't stand that and it can't be changed. I can stand it on uncharted and The Last of Us cause those world just make me really engrossed in them, but not a generic shooter that plainly rips off Gears of War.

Poker night 2: Really fun, suck at poker, but the commentary between the characters is pure gold and worth the download alone. However... Bruce Campbell doesn't play Ash... not groovy.

Gravity Rush is cool, Don't like that theres no english voice track but I'm not gonna hate the game for it.

Stranger's Wrath: Played it on Xbox was really fun, just don't remember much about it.

I also ordered not one but two (2!) copies of Aliens: Colonial Marines Collector's Edition. One for PS3 which I shall open and another for 360 which I shall keep sealed. They were only $25 each so that's really cheap and I missed out on it last year. Couldn't pass up. They should be in between the 20th-27th of this month. That's the 4th AND 5th time I've bought A:CM... can you tell I'm an Alien fan? :P
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Downloaded Bioshock infinite off Ps Plus... if you haven't played this gem and you have PS plus PLEASE do yourself a favor and download it!!!

Also I had $10 PSN credit and Burial at sea is $15, and While I want Borderlands 2 DLC... i don't wanta support Gearbox because of how they've treated A:CM fans, at least not with their cash cow Borderlands. So I picked up two things in that 14-14 sale going on.

Farcry 3 blood dragon, it was $3.79 for plus members and I've been meaning to replay it might as well get trophies for doing so since I 100% on 360.

And Crysis 3. A game I bought and played but don't remember. It was only $5 for plus members so why the hell not? I played it on 360 so more trophies. Plus I don't have the game anymore, and I kinda missed it. $5... worth it imo.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Because of the PSN Summer Sale, I bought Crysis 3 and Dead Space 3, two games that have on my backlog to buy, for $10 each. Awesome.
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

The street date for Tomb Raider Definitive Edition was lifted so I pick my copy for Xbox One up. Forgot just how riveting this game was. It looks stunning too!!! The skin textures are some of the most impressive I have ever seen on a console, or ever really. The Hair effects are cool but sometimes go really really funky for no reason. But I just can't get over how crisp this game looks in 1080P!

I preordered so I got the Artbook packaging so I feel my $60 is justified. Highly recommend it especially so IF you haven't played this gem yet. It was my runner up to game of the year 2013 behind The Last of Us. Seriously it's just a good game and a nice reboot for Lara.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Downloaded Sonic the Hedgehog 3D on my 3DS. This one's been a fave of mine for a long time, and it's nice to revisit the 16-bit days once in a while. The gameplay is great, graphics are essentially timeless, and the music is fantastic. Only took me a couple hours to complete, but I already want to go through it again and get all the chaos emeralds. Sometimes I wonder why people have such a problem with bang-for-their-buck nowadays, when games like this used to be a staple. The gameplay is so refined you can replay it multiple times even though it doesn't take long to finish. If this was made today, most people would say the game is way too short for the money. Weren't these games released for $30-50 USD almost 20 years ago? People complain too much.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Went puttering through Nintendo's eShop and got a few things.

Vampire: Master of Darkness - Originally released for the Sega Master System, ported to the Sega Game Gear, then years later emulated onto the Nintendo eShop, this game looks like it was meant to be Sega's answer to the then NES exclusive Castlevania. It's set in the same time as the novel Dracula, and it's kind of fun. Castlevania it's not, but it's still fun.

Ninja Gaiden - Never played this game on the NES console, and it's fun.... Right up to the first boss. I have no idea how to fight him.

Senran Kagura Burst - Stumbled across this game while poking through the eShop. It's actually 2 games, Senran Kagura: Skirting Shadows and Senran Kagura: Crimson Something or Other. Side scrolling beat 'em up that's a lot of fun to play, with the bonus of 3D eye candy(if you're into that. If not, give this one a miss. The eye candy was the first thing the developer thought of). And given all the stress going on at work right now, beating the ever-loving crap out of bad guys is just what I need.

And, thanks to the size of the game, I need to get a bigger SD card.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
HotShot81
Protoform

Post by HotShot81 »

I am really looking forward to Thief next month!:)