Your Latest Non-TF Toy Acquisitions

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Lego Movie 70819 Bad Cop Car Chase - Purchased last Sunday at Big W.

Lego Jurassic World 75920 Raptor Escape - Bought on Wednesday from Myer with discount.
Lego Pirates 70413 The Brick Bounty - Also picked up on Wednesday after finishing up the lay-by.
Destruction is my specialty
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

In addition to the Pirates sets I've bought recently, I picked up Lego Movie 70817 Batman & Super Angry Kitty Attack, which is a great little set, if a bit pricy. The Micro-Manager is a fab build and I like the action features of the exploding head and launching things. I also picked up a couple of Series 13 Blind bags and got the Snake Charmer and the Space Marine type dude.

Whilst looking through the (actually very impressive) Marvel Infinites range, I was cheered to see a '90s Daredevil (in his swish grey/ red/ white outfit which I thought was great) and...Shanna The She Devil!!! As these things are £12 for a 4" figure, I went for Shanna as she's one to a case and she's brilliant! A really nice design and sculpt for the scale and she comes with a tiny stabby knife. Good times.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Got an Anniversary Collection Anakin Skywalker (realistic styling with the bruise-leech 'tattoos' from a Clone Wars micro-series episode) through eBay at a pretty cheap price. Haven't had a chance to break it open, but the figure looks to be quite fantastic in the package.

Also swung by Target this past weekend and came across a Black Series Commander Wolffe figure (also realistic styling) from the Clone Wars CGI show. He's decked out in some desert gear from some Season 5/6 episodes that I haven't seen yet. Figure looks great though with some good articulation and paint apps.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Through eBay, I won a dirt cheap Clone Wars styled Anakin Skywalker (the one with the black shoulder armor) from Star Wars: The Vintage Collection. Sadly, the shipping cost was almost double the figure cost, but it still only ran ~$11. Pretty stoked for when that one comes in.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

I got a bit of a haul of Lego this past week or so:

Jurassic World 75918 T. rex Tracker - Last Sunday from Myer with discount.
Pirates 70411 Treasure Island - Discounted at Toys 'R' Us.
Marvel Super Heroes 76038 Attack on Avengers Tower - A Myer lay-by I paid off.
DC Super Heroes 76027 Black Manta Deep Sea Strike - A Big W lay-by I paid off.

These came in a shipment from the Lego online shop -

The Hobbit 79012 Mirkwood Elf Army - I suspect that the Hobbit theme is going to retire this year so I need to grab the last few sets and these are two of them.
The Hobbit 79016 Attack on Lake-town - See above.
Juniors 10679 Pirate Treasure Hunt - Not officially a Pirates set but I thought why not.
Pirates 70409 Shipwreck Defense
Ideas 21109 Exo Suit - This set is retiring soon, I suspect when the Big Bang Theory is released.

Pirates 70410 Soldiers Outpost - Discounted at Toys 'R' Us.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

On a random video game shopping trip to my local used store, I came across a handful of carded Star Wars figures that I had on my list to pick up anyways. Bought a couple for nearly retail cost. I picked up an Anniversary Collection Clone Trooper (ROTS style) and a Legacy Collection Obi-Wan Kenobi (also ROTS style). Very good figures at a nice price!

I didn't know they even carried carded figures like that, so I think I'll swing by the one on the other side of the city to check it out too. Sure beats buying on eBay!
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Figma Solid Snake. And since I'm a sucker, naturally I went for the exclusive version.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Tetsuro wrote:Figma Solid Snake. And since I'm a sucker, naturally I went for the exclusive version.
Figma figures do seem to be awesome. I have Ghost in the Shell Motoko Kusanagi, and she's mindblowing. I'd certainly get more if they made them of characters I cared about. I am tempted to track down the exclusive version of Iron Man...

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

It's kind of ironic that for a line consisting primarily of anime girls, most of the ones I own are of dudes - the only exceptions being Samus and Lady Armaroid, neither of whom is exactly a typical "anime girl".

Then again, they also made Duke Togo...
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Bought Lego Star Wars 75078 Imperial Troop Transport at Myer while it was on discount along with CW Skydive.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Monster High Torelai Stripe - first release version. Been after this version of Torelai for ages, but like all the first versions of Monster High toys, she commands triple digits on the aftermarket MIB. So I have managed to get a loose and complete one and she is great. Missing the hairbrush, but she can share with Venus McFlytrap :)
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

edit: Worse photo, but flash does weird things. Cloth definitely has a place with dolls action figures...

HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Lego City 60084 Racing Bike Transporter during Big W's Total Toy Domination sale.

Batman Arkham Knight light-up statue that was included with the collectors edition of the game.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Lego Minifigures 71007 Series 12 #10 Dino Tracker &
Lego Minifigures 71008 Series 13 # 6 Paleontologist were both bought off eBay from different sellers.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Oh right, forgot I had a 1/144 HGFC G Gundam packed in with a recent HLJ order. Needed something to go with the Master Gundam I already had. Can't foresee getting any other Gundam models though. They're cool and all, but I have no attachment to any of the other series currently
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Picked up a "Holster Action" Robocop figure. The holster concept is neat, but it makes it really hard to get the gun out. The panels pop open, just like the movie, but the actual holster piece doesn't slide out. And I almost lost the gun when the figure fell over and it went flying out of his hand. Fortunately, the figure looks pretty good, standing there looking imposing there on the Blu-Ray player, even without holding the gun.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I was at a local collector fair and in addition to a bunch of CDs, found Robo Machines Super GoBots Bug Bite in decent condition. Paint and plastics are in good nick, just needs a bit of a clean where someone stuck the stickers on and then thought better of it. Chrome wear is pretty minimal and he came with his box and instructions , although the former is a little worse for wear. Cost me £15, which I was pretty pleased with :)
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Snagged a Star Wars Vintage Collection Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight) loose off eBay. It's in really good condition and didn't cost much after an eBay coupon. Nice figure with really good articulation and looks great - probably the best Luke figure I have ever owned. Sad that I missed out on the Vintage Collection years ago. The line as a whole is pretty great!
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Lego Movie 70803 Cloud Cuckoo Land for £9 from Asda Living. Which is bargain-tastic. This is a great fun set, full of silly Fabuland shapes and candy-land colours. I miss Fabuland. Lego should bring it back. Unikitty is adorable and I do really like the evil robot dudes, they look so cool.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Lego Minifigures 71007 Series 12 #4 Video Game Guy - From one of the sellers I used previously.

The Hobbit 79014 Dol Guldur Battle - Off a eBay seller who likes to preach his religion, if that pamphlet he left in the box is any indication.

Pirates 70412 Soldiers Fort - Bought on the last day of Big W's toy sale, it is also the last of the Pirates sets I want unless I decide to buy the chess set that is also available.

DC Comics™ Super Heroes 76026 Gorilla Grodd goes Bananas - A lay-by I just paid off.