Well, that bloody backfired, didn't it?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Cliffjumper

Well, that bloody backfired, didn't it?

Post by Cliffjumper »

It must be creation. Evolution is wrong. I have proof.
Civ

Post by Civ »

**throws out science books**

Well, so much for that. So the Earth is 6000 years old, right?
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

I'm all about the really cold fricken rain theory.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Civ

Post by Civ »

What about those oxidized minerals found in rocks that accounted for oxygen way back when?

Side note: Where's Strafe at a time like this? He's in law school, right?
Axe
Protoform

Post by Axe »

Civ wrote:Side note: Where's Strafe at a time like this? He's in law school, right?
I don't recall reading Strafe's posts, but I sure wish Snake were here.
[SIGPIC]Image[/SIGPIC]
Rurudyne
Protoform

Post by Rurudyne »

Civ wrote:**throws out science books**

Well, so much for that. So the Earth is 6000 years old, right?
Actually, a literal reading of Genesis 1:1 doesn't require a young earth. The verb used is for "prepare". One could take the sequence of events, read literally, much as the start of an official calendar for an era or an age and the phrase "Let light be" could be nothing more than calling the dawn as if to say "it's showtime."

The text is factually silent if that was the very first dawn or there had been innumerable ones before it. In light of the beginning of the chapter, one could even point out that adjusting or modifying conditions (such as of the sun or moon) is 'making' them in the same way one makes a cake out of raw ingredients already at hand (i.e. to prepare).

Young earth creationism is a superfluity.

This has been another standup philosophy moment.
Standup Philosopher

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Kelly Brook is single again. That's all the proof of a God I need.
Axe
Protoform

Post by Axe »

Hi Rurudyne; thank you for posting. I have observed that conscious and intuitive study of anything (let alone Scripture) can open doorways to The Light.
inflatable dalek wrote:Kelly Brook is single again. That's all the proof of a God I need.
If I had to narrow it down to a single proof, it would be: Shining Force: The Legacy of Great Intention.
[SIGPIC]Image[/SIGPIC]
Civ

Post by Civ »

@Ruru's post.

Wait, it's time for my Sheba-esque response breakdown!

Start off with "DUDE" or "Cripes" or some other exclamation! Follow up with, "your logic is flawed and here's why..." **insert circular logic here, which pretty much reads like the following after your eyes begin to cross** BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH ...but goes on for 2 or 3 screenfuls in length and doesn't prove much if anything at all. Hell, if you want, you could just hit the keys on your keyboard randomly. Produces the same effect and all. Oh, I almost forgot to throw in some random link to try and justify the circular logic but can also be used to contradict myself like...

http://www.talkorigins.org

Now, throw in something random like how a slug's behavior is somehow relevant to the discussion of the topic. Throw in a few more BLAH BLAH BLAH's.

If all else fails after being refuted repeatedly by other posters (read at least a dozen times)...it's leftist propoganda.

Finally, finish with something like, "HA! You do NOT win!"
Angelic Knight

Post by Angelic Knight »

I'm awesome, therefore, God exists.

There's your stinkin' proof. Case closed.
My very, very random personal forums:
www.jameswebsite.net