Martin Taylor tries to kick Eduardo's leg into orbit

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

That's incredible. To come back so soon.

Athletes are amazing specimens.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
AndyTurnbull
Protoform

Post by AndyTurnbull »

The only concern is he rushes back too quickly and breaks down again but it's still a commendable effort.

Andy
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

You can sort of see why defenders might go for him, though, can't you?

Caldwell seems to have been substituted for the sole reason of saving the cheating bastard from another year on the sidelines... 2-0 up on aggregate and in total control, and still a top-level centre-forward feels the need to go down like they've been snipered when a goalkeeper enters the same postcode as their feet. ****ing disgusting.
AndyTurnbull
Protoform

Post by AndyTurnbull »

No excuse for that. To be honest though Caldwell has been having a mare of a season. Screwing up right, left and centre. The sending off against Norway still makes me angry - what a twat. But he's been gifting opposition a goal every game.

As a Rangers fan I hope he stays in their side!

Andy
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

AndyTurnbull wrote:No excuse for that. To be honest though Caldwell has been having a mare of a season. Screwing up right, left and centre. The sending off against Norway still makes me angry - what a twat. But he's been gifting opposition a goal every game.

As a Rangers fan I hope he stays in their side!

Andy
Too right-I hope hes the first name on Tony Mowbrays teamsheet every week as hes been a bombscare since the start of the season.
The sending off for Scotland was so stupid and lost us the chance of winning a game we were cruising in.
Hes an absolute liability and has been making at least one major howler per game usually gifting the opposition a goal so long may his run in the Celtic team continue.
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I really felt for anyone Scottish during the Norway game... An absolute battering, and Norway aren't even especially good. Never been convinced by Burley - how long is he going to ride that start to the season out? Mad Vlad did him a Hell of a favour by firing him before the inevitable drop-off. He's more than a little responsible for the state Saints are in as well, squandering a lot of resources, and workmates who follow them week-in week-out say he gave the impression that he never really knew what he was doing.

Funny to see Rooney do an almost-as-blatant dive this afternoon... Biters bitten. Especially as Eduardo did it in a game Arsenal were bossing anyway (and up on aggregate), but they could really miss those three points come May.

Alumina's a shocking keeper... All this bollocks about him getting citizenship is pathetic, I'd take even the flawed current crop of James/Foster/Green/Hart over him any day. Hmm, how are England going to usurp Spain as the top side in Europe? By getting in a ringer they won't touch with a bargepole! Genius!

It's understandable if a) the player being grandfathered in is a real talent (John Barnes... currently doing sterling work as manager of Tranmere... On-pitch talent, then) or b) you're a minnow desperate to move up a few places in the FIFA charts, but I don't think England are in the sort of state where we have to resort to someone who was a bench warmer until a big hairy German had a mental breakdown.

Well, not yet anyway...
AndyTurnbull
Protoform

Post by AndyTurnbull »

Burley is a dreadful manager. He has no clue at all his selection for Norway cost us the game before the off to be honest. He says Davie Weir is too old at 39 to play in defence but thinks a 37 year old should play in midfield. Davie Weir was never fast, but reads the game well. A 37 year old in the centre of midfield is going to toil if we want to play a fast paced game - which is what we should have.

He recalls Calum Davidson who hasn't played for Scotland in seven, eight years and Caldwell's brother who hasn't played in five - WTF?!

Then we have the keeper - David Marshall gets the nod despite every time he's played for Scotland he's lost shedloads or Neil Alexander who's been doing a consistent job at Rangers.

Almunia is a bit useless and it's bizarre that Wenger hasn't really found anyone better to replace him.

Andy