The big eBay issues thread

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Only problem would be if he recognised my ID, and put insurance/tracking on out his own pocket. Then I'd be left with an overpriced Road Rage, and TBH I sold the thing in the first place because it's crap.

So, you don't think I'm being, ah-hah, paranooid about this?

EDIT: Hey, you mean I'm not everyone's internet hero anyway? I flame, like, 15 people a day...
Clay

Post by Clay »

Cliffjumper wrote:Only problem would be if he recognised my ID, and put insurance/tracking on out his own pocket. Then I'd be left with an overpriced Road Rage, and TBH I sold the thing in the first place because it's crap.

So, you don't think I'm being, ah-hah, paranooid about this?

EDIT: Hey, you mean I'm not everyone's internet hero anyway? I flame, like, 15 people a day...
All possible negative consequences, yes. But you're a risk taker. Do it for teh lolz.

Nah, it's probably best to just let it go. Of course I already got the better half of the set, so what do I care?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Just to take the spring out of your step, you wouldn't have in most likelihood if I hadn't been scammed...
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Being as my recent run-ins with utter ****wits has left me with "a marked downturn in buyer satisfaction" which has rendered my account locked and unusable for a month...

I say fly over there and kill the mother****er to death. Then sell the remains.
AndyTurnbull
Protoform

Post by AndyTurnbull »

I'd be inclined to try and screw the twat over. Quite obviously a scamming little turd.

Andy
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Mmmm, it's how to do it while making sure I don't end up footing the bill for the figure is the problem. I think it'd be pretty difficult to get Paypal to open the case again, so that's one option down. I wonder if he's actually selling anything I want...

Why do ebay let people have private feedback? I get the rationale for private auctions, but why the Hell do they let people have private scores? I can't leave a negative, but there's no point in me putting a "positive" warning as it won't affect the score, and no-one can read it. Twats.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Halfshell wrote:Being as my recent run-ins with utter ****wits has left me with "a marked downturn in buyer satisfaction" which has rendered my account locked and unusable for a month...
Hahahahaha.

Right. They've reinstated it. The notice accompanying it basically reads "upon reviewing your account, we have noticed an increase in buyer satisfaction, so have reinstated you."

Eh? What? Nothing whatsoever has changed in the intervening time. Possibly due to the fact it's been locked for a month.

I mean how the hell does that make any sense? "We've noticed you've not upset any buyers in the time you've been unable to log in, so we're lifting the restrictions".

What increase in satisfaction?

Am I going insane here??????

Farcical.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

My money would be on whichever buyer/s ****ed you over in the first place have since been found out to be bastards and this is Ebays way of letting you back in without admitting they were wrong.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

They do seem to be making it up as they go along...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Would anyone describe a CD with a booklet that's been creased, mashed and torn up around the grips and has marks on the underside as "In great condition" or am I just feeling ill/grouchy today?

"well done you have the cd for free. Why not go down the pub later and tell your mates how you scammed a free cd off a seller on ebay."

No, I'm writing "return to sender" on a jiffy bag and sticking it back in the post, twat. If you'd described it honestly I wouldn't have bid in the first place.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Nah, if you're buying a CD, you're buying the booklet and stuff as well... if you just wanted the music you'd download it (from a legal source, obviously).

Sounds like a dick just due to the inability to use punctuation (minor thing, but I find it distressing how badly a lot of ebay users type, including their addresses and the like... sooner or later something I send is going to get lost because some tit's spelt their name wrong on those things), and I doubt that's in response to you being a bastard.

Piggybacking: Best Offer really is an annoying feature for sellers... if I'm listing something at £7.50, a £2 offer with a message trying to play hardball ("thats my best offer mate, u wouldnt be listing it if u didnt want to sell") is just a waste of my time... Not bothering setting that up next time, I think I've had about three decent offers and a couple of dozen timewasting pricks (whose offers I don't decline; no, they're left to expire after 48 hours, hopefully holding up the chancers from buying something else in the meantime).
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Cliffjumper wrote: if I'm listing something at £7.50, a £2 offer with a message trying to play hardball ("thats my best offer mate, u wouldnt be listing it if u didnt want to sell") is just a waste of my time...
IIRC (though it's getting to be a bit of a stretch remembering...) you can set automatic accept/reject levels, plus the number of chances people can have to make an offer. I've had instant acceptance of a couple of offers in the past that made me wish I'd offered a little lower.

Seller seems slightly saner in return message. Had already left neutral by that point.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, you still can, I just didn't think of it and don't fancy manually editing listings (and when anything comes off that goes to go around again, the Best Offer thing will be gone altogether). It's more the chancing aspect of it that annoys me, as I personally think offering less than a third of the price is wasting my time, but then I'm a bastard. The message hardly endeared the little snot to me either...
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

@ Denyer, I'd reply with "At least I ruined your plan of going down the pub and gloating to my makes of how I shifted my broken crap onto a gullible Ebay seller".
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Oooh, being a bastard is satisfying...
chancer wrote:THE DAMNED - PROBLEM CHILD VINYL 7" PS RARE PUNK. Item got no bids again, will give you £2.99 all in (inc p&p) for a "Buy it now" instant paypal payment and the money's in your bank. See my excellent feedback.

Third time the bugger's tried this, despite me saying the item isn't open to offers. The item finished two days ago... because I sold it. So...

The Bastard wrote:I sold the record for the listed price two days ago, £4.99 all in (inc p&p) for a "Buy it now" instant paypal payment and the money's in my bank.
Can I blacklist the guy out of spite, you reckon?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I would anyway. ****er's probably going to buy something just to leave feedback vandalism...
AndyTurnbull
Protoform

Post by AndyTurnbull »

I'd definitely blacklist the chancing knobhead. I don't know what it is but ebay seems to shave iq points off people and it's a right pain in the arse selling these days.

Come on, google stop pissing around with mobile phones and have a go at online auctions!

Andy
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I was thrilled to win this, but not so much that it hasn't arrived yet. Seller told me last week that he sent it out and to wait a few days, so I messaged him back today. I've received mail every day since I won the auction, so I'm not thinking it was taken from my mailbox.

EDIT - Seller said he'll do a refund, but how will I know? I assume I'll get an email from Paypal or something? I'm more disappointed that I didn't get the game than anything else.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Give it a few more days, I suppose. Mega Man 2 was my favorite MM game... Until I played 9...
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Turbo 07

Post by Turbo 07 »

Well, it's finally happened, American sellers are now locked into using Paypal and only Paypal on eBay. The only exceptions are if you have a merchant account or are a silver PowerSeller (100 items per month minimum) and qualify for ProPay. So, does anybody have any alternatives they like to use or am I going to have to make friends on the B/S/T forums?