OFFICIAL TRANSFORMERS TOYS NEWS

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Warcry wrote:Misfire really needs to have his helmet painted black.
Official pics seem to indicate that it's either black or grey depending on how the shading works here...
http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/03/06/offi ... ger-335079
wallapopstar
Protoform

Post by wallapopstar »

Blitzwing wrote:Shame about the boxsets, I like about half of the figures in each of them, but doubt I will ever be willing to buy them because of the price tag. Maybe if they don't sell well we might see them get some big time discounts to make them worthwhile.
Hey Blitzwing, Maybe you can told me wich one you like and don't like and we could try to collaborate together and share the Boxsets? What would you think?
We could do it all together and even sell the one we are not interested.

Have someone seen them in a cheap price somewhere?
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Skyquake87 wrote:Yay! Lazy retools!Its the excellent Triggerhappy mould and its Slugslinger and Misfire, so I don't care! EXCITED!
Yep, that's pretty much my thoughts as well. I don't have any fondness for the characters per se, but the mold is so nice I would give them a shot regardless.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Yeah, the shared mold is a bit of a double-edged sword in this case -- on the one hand it's a bit "m'eh, already got this", even with the new parts. On the other hand, Triggerhappy is fantastic so it's hard to really be all that bothered.

And who am I kidding? Misfire was my second Transformer as a kid and this is a super-accurate new rendition of him. I'm going to be all over it when it comes out.
Brendocon 2.0 wrote:Official pics seem to indicate that it's either black or grey depending on how the shading works here...
http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/03/06/offi ... ger-335079
Yeah, looks tons better with the dark head. Slugslinger's face looks kinda squashed, though.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

*dusts off thread*

While not on the scale of MP Rodimus, it sounds like MP Megatron is a "known issues" style QC deal.

Have had the following mailshot from Kapow re the item [edited for stuff]
Below are some pointers to help you enjoy your item and use it correctly, please take the time to read through them as the information contained within is important.

1) Repeated transformation may result in some minor paint flaking or scratching, please be aware of this before deciding to transform the product back and forth, any paint flaking caused by repeated transformation is not covered under the returns policy.

2) The figure itself is one of the most involved designs so far and is not classed as a toy, repeated transformation of the figure is done at your own risk so please be aware that the gun barrel itself is incredibly delicate and will damage if mishandled or undue force or pressure is placed upon it. The hip area is also fragile so please take care when transforming and do not use any heavy pressure or force the movement. Any damage caused in this way is not covered by our returns policy.

3) The kit included to form the gun barrel silencer, stock and scope are a very tight fit, we recommend that repeated connection of these parts is not undertaken if you wish to avoid scratching to the paint or possible damage to the scope mount or gun barrel itself. Use of the silencer kit resulting in damage is not covered under our returns policy.
Email then very kindly gives buyers the option to cancel their order or return it unopened if the above causes them a problem.

I'd imagine it's a far sturdier piece than Apollyon, though its nice that the proper replacement will still have the "if you transform him, he'll die!" element in place.

I suppose "engineering it so nobody will want to transform it to gun mode" is one way to deal with toy gun safety laws.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

That's an easy pass then.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Oh joy.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Was about to post the same until I saw that Brend had already done so.

So... I guess this means that I should wait for Masterpiece Megatron 2.0, revision one, type C?
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

So toys for The Last Knight have started popping up at Toys'R'Us stores around Canada...priced $10 more than their Titans Returns counterparts of the same size class. So Deluxes are $30, Voyagers are $40, etc... Apparently it's being branded as "premier edition adult collectors' figures" in spite of being, you know, just regular movie toys. And it sounds like the same price hike happened in the UK too, so it's not just a Canada thing or TRU price gouging.

There's no way this crap actually sells at that price point, is there? If this price increase carries over to the Generations stuff I'm going to be shopping exclusively at 50% off sales. Thankfully there'll be lots of those because it'll be the only way they'll get the merchandise to move!
Tantrum
Custom Title: Systems Analyst

Post by Tantrum »

A local chain here in RI, USA has Last Knight Premier Optimus & Grimlock Voyagers for US$30 each, US$5 more than TR Voyagers go for. However, TR Voyagers have pretty chintzy looking stickers while the LK figures had nicer paint than usual. It doesn't justify a 20% price bump, though.
Alleged "poems"
that don't follow a rhyme scheme
are not poetry
Clay

Post by Clay »

Masterpiece Movie Prime.

Horribly mistransformed in those pictures, but it looks like it could be a contender for "2017 figure Clay falls in love with the most."
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Have you got the Wei Jiang Evasion Prime?
Clay

Post by Clay »

Denyer wrote:Have you got the Wei Jiang Evasion Prime?
No, just the Takara brown one.

Here are some more pictures, now with correct placement of the rear fenders.

IT SO PRETTY.

EDIT: MOAR
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

That is pretty mega. Impressive looking stuff. I like that lots of this is silvery looking. Hope hat doesn't mean lots of easily scratched paint. Can't quite believe we've had ten years of live action movies...
Clay

Post by Clay »

Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Yay!

And with Chip Chase as well, for maximum BadCube trolling.

Like two days before I was going to flog Sunsurge, too. Excellent work, Takara.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

That would be awesome if it wasn't for the featureless, cartoon-accurate head. :( Beyond that, it looks like it's very nicely put together.

It's nice that it's got a "clean" Countach mode, for those who'd like to display a realistic alt-mode.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Clip-on 3rd Party GIGANTIC ENGINES coming to an overcharging webshop near you.

Tasty, though the comments on the link to Big Board remind me why I hate so much of fandom.
Clay

Post by Clay »

I think I like sunsurge more, actually. He's pointier.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Clay wrote:I think I like sunsurge more, actually. He's pointier.
If you like Sunsurges, this is yoir lucky day. Ebay has just had to rename itself Surgebay.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!