[CUSTOM] Op. Prime Display; X-Mas Gift for my Manager

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Pun-3X

Op. Prime Display; X-Mas Gift for my Manager

Post by Pun-3X »

So, our work does the Secret Santa thing every year, and I got my boss. One thing about her is that she's extremely patriotic; there's a table in the corner of her office that has a lot of American Flag and USA items on display. Nothing crazy, but it's there. So I got this idea in my head and couldn't let it go. After purchasing the ROTF Replica's Prime and the smallest fabric-based flag I could find, I set to work.

You can see that the base comes from one of the Titanium line toys, and the flag pole is styrene plastic tubing. One thing about ROTF Rep. Prime is that he has a blade for his right hand. So I had to cut that off and sculpt the 'stub' into something resembling a hand. You can see it in the close-up shots. A little JB Weld made up the thumb, though it wasn't as defined as I wanted.

I also painted him here and there--the upper shoulders in blue being the most noticeable. Also cut off the jutting-out portions at his pelvis and repainted. Used good ol' super glue on his feet and the bottom of the flag pole to secure him. All his joints were glued together so he would be more secure.

The party/dinner was last night, since it was the only friday that people weren't on vacation. My manager loved him. She's not into TFs, but the symbolism worked like I'd wanted. Of course, I also bought a pack of scented hand lotions that I knew she wanted--just in case. :D

Thought I'd share it here for you all to see. It's not a work of art, but it serves quite well for the display I wanted to make. Wish I'd taken more angle shots, but I only thought to take pics before heading out to work yesterday.
Clay

Post by Clay »

"Freedom and scented candles are the right of all sentient beings."
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Nice. That looks like something they would sell you at a gift shop somewhere thats just a little too classy to really have a gift shop
I did a painting for GCSE art of Optimus with an American flag . . . wasn't very good, though. I think my brother has it now.