[CUSTOM] TF-Gundam Crossover: Sefer!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Treadshot A1

TF-Gundam Crossover: Sefer!

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Yes, yes, I know it's supposed to be GN Sefer, I just decided to name this guy, 'Sefer'. Considering he has no guns, the 'GN' (pronounced 'Gun', i think) just wouldn't be fitting.

Anyways, a little insight into where the idea came from. I basically sat there, staring at my spare Air Raid, and thought about what i could do with the thing. Then, while I was searching through the Gundam Wiki, came across GN Sefer, which happened to look half like that Air Raid. As you may have figured, though, I actually used Airazor for this, considering painting white is annoying.

Basically, he's just a repainted ROTF Airazor in GN Sefer colours. The only mods i actually did to him was install a new M.S.G double ball joint in his leg (where the old one was), and hence attach two Strike Gundam shields. Not totally like the GN Sefer's design (there's no way i could make those GN proto bits!), but you get the idea. I'm not gonna bother with breaking up the blue, either by panel lining or whatnot, once i pinch some number decals from a Gundam set, i'll probably add unit markings to him.

I do like the fact that using Airazor both meant that the white areas were already done, and the head remains unpainted, as the gold detailing on his head, i feel, is a good homage to many Gundam crests.

No, I don't have a Rasiel planned yet. Silverbolt doesn't look anything like Rasiel. Image I'm open to suggestions, though. Image

Oh, and here's a link to GN Sefer on the Gundam wiki, just incase some people don't know what it is: GNR-000 GN Sefer - Gundam Wiki - Sunrise, Wing, Seed, Zeta, 0083

BTW, been such along time since i posted here... So many new customs...:up:
Attachments
Sefer Vehicle (TFW).JPG
Sefer Robot (TFW).JPG
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Thank god for the link, he looked like a repainted Pretender to me!

(I know nothing about Gundam, apart from my nephew owning a couple of figures with a bit of flash-in-the-pan interest before he went back to White Dwarf *shudder*).

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

Treadshot A1 wrote:Yes, yes, I know it's supposed to be GN Sefer, I just decided to name this guy, 'Sefer'. Considering he has no guns, the 'GN' (pronounced 'Gun', i think) just wouldn't be fitting.

Anyways, a little insight into where the idea came from. I basically sat there, staring at my spare Air Raid, and thought about what i could do with the thing. Then, while I was searching through the Gundam Wiki, came across GN Sefer, which happened to look half like that Air Raid. As you may have figured, though, I actually used Airazor for this, considering painting white is annoying.

Basically, he's just a repainted ROTF Airazor in GN Sefer colours. The only mods i actually did to him was install a new M.S.G double ball joint in his leg (where the old one was), and hence attach two Strike Gundam shields. Not totally like the GN Sefer's design (there's no way i could make those GN proto bits!), but you get the idea. I'm not gonna bother with breaking up the blue, either by panel lining or whatnot, once i pinch some number decals from a Gundam set, i'll probably add unit markings to him.

I do like the fact that using Airazor both meant that the white areas were already done, and the head remains unpainted, as the gold detailing on his head, i feel, is a good homage to many Gundam crests.

No, I don't have a Rasiel planned yet. Silverbolt doesn't look anything like Rasiel. Image I'm open to suggestions, though. Image

Oh, and here's a link to GN Sefer on the Gundam wiki, just incase some people don't know what it is: GNR-000 GN Sefer - Gundam Wiki - Sunrise, Wing, Seed, Zeta, 0083

BTW, been such along time since i posted here... So many new customs...:up:

Why not doing something with Gundams like Kyrios, that more people are aware of? I had to give my mind a good crack already before realising that it's yet another prototype for tthe later cast gundams, so real nitwit's shouldn't even know what you're talking about when you begin with GN...

( I saw Gundam 00, great anime, best Gundam ever... So I know what you're talking about...) But, it looks fine. Nice homage.
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

One can choose his customs as he wishes. It really isn't about everyone else recognizing it, but that the maker is happy with his work.

I like the resemblance. The colors and straight edges translate well on that figure. Any plans on making others?
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

I have thought about doing others, but this was more of a one off project. I can't say i'll be searching fo rmore to do (i've got a sh*tload of work right now), but if i find something that works, sure.

It's kind of hard to do one that doesn't transform, so i think if i have a next one, it'll probably be Kyrios.

Thanks for the comments, everyone/

EDIT: I tried Arios from Silverbolt, but the paint lines are horrible on mine, so it will be more extensive than i thought...

Also, i think from now on i'll be sticking to the vehicles that otherwise wouldn't transform. It's easier that way.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]