Current Figure Collecting Goals?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Clay

Post by Clay »

I reckon I could finish up my Beast Wars show cast. I stalled out at lacking three or four figures for about three years, and then a friend gave me a Transmetal Cheetor a while back.

I think all I lack are Transmetal Megatron and Terrorsaur, and Depth Charge in the proper colors.
Firebird

Post by Firebird »

I just ordered the Constructicons and put in a bid for the Stunticons.
Firebird has her optics on you...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

G1/Classics/Universe(1.0-2.0):
My goal is to accuire all G1 homages that Classics/Universe put out and to fill the gaps with G1's and Universe 1.0 where not available.

The newer lines articulation makes G1 figures obsolete and less attractive so I only buy G1's when the Classics/Universe line (or another line) dosn't have what I'm looking for. Examples include: Gears, The Incecticons, and Trailbreaker.

I got all the first movie Figures save for a couple of the "All-spark Battles" Cybertron Repaints i.e. not in the movie figures... Plan on collecting RotF figures as I see them, but will probably only stick to ones actually in the movie this time.
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
nscrchick88

Post by nscrchick88 »

sadly i only have one hahaha. i would like to get more though...hopefully soon i will get a friend for my prime haha
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

I want the entire G1/G2 line. (Have about 2/3 of G1, only a handfull of G2s).

I want all the Beast Wars/Machines toys that appeared on the show. Plus a couple others that I thought were pretty cool. (Only have about 15 right now).

Only RiD I still want is Rail Racer.

Want to fill in a few holes from Unicron trilogy line and Classics.

Want one of each character of Animated, have everything that's been available in my area so far.

Not interested in the Movie lines at all.
borg72

Post by borg72 »

Actually, as i've gotten older (even over the past three years) I've found that my tastes have changed a lot.

I used to be a huge completist (especially with beast wars, as I managed to get a number of 'job lots' off ebay that rapidly boosted my collection in that area). Lately, however, I've found that I'd much rather spend the money I have on one rarer or more unusual peice, rather than spending on the regular stuff, which is nice, but will mostly end up packed away 90% of the time.

I tend towards more unusual things, or those toys that have a particular significance, or those that I just think are good 'examples' of a particular piece of cleverness.

I think it was City Commander Armor that really got me onto this kick, and since then I've been looking more at the collectors pices than they regualr toy ranges. Alternity Prime was brilliant, and I'd look forward to more from the line.

So what do I want?
-Rodimus add-on armor, when it eventually gets made/released (and maybe a henkei hot rodimus to go with the above, depends how visible the gold fins will be)
-HoS Prime when that gets released (price depending, as I suspect it will be particularly expensive)
-Just three of the animated line; Magnus, Swindle, and Blurr.
-G1 Grimlock. and why not? I'd like one in decent condition though.
-Mp-01 Prime (though I still want a cheap one, so i'm not bothered about version)
-RotF: Sideways, Sideswipe, Starscream, and Leader Prime. Maybe one or two of the scouts (the biplane and the rumoured landmine), too. Possibly the green 'brother' (mudflap or skids? I get them confused already)
-Universe: (regular) Dinobot, Henkei Hound, (regular) Cyclonus, though these are just a matter of 'if I see them'.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

G1 Grimmers is pretty awesome. He'd be perfect if he were less frgile and more articulate. I hope the MP version has good QC.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

RID Scourge wrote:G1 Grimmers is pretty awesome. He'd be perfect if he were less frgile and more articulate. I hope the MP version has good QC.
From what I've seen of him (mostly Frenzy_Rumble's custom repaint, which reeks of awesomeness), Grimlock should be just as good as Optimus Prime for QC.:up:
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Let's see.. at this point, not including things shipping or ordered...

Universe Soundwave, Ravage, Lazerbeak
G1 Overkill and Slugfest
G1 Rabat and Frenzy
G1 Buzzsaw
G1 Rumble
BotCon Wierdwolf
BotCon Huffer
BotCon Alpha Trion
BotCon Bugbyte
BWII Lio Convoy
Armada Overload
Universe 2.0 Superion
Universe 2.0 Bruticus
Universe 2.0 Countdown
Henkei Powerglide
Henkei Astrotrain
Henkei Red Alert
City Commander Armor
Nemesis Prime Trailer
G1-style Commander Trailer

Wow, that's pretty much it... not a lot left anymore.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Detective Barricade wrote:From what I've seen of him (mostly Frenzy_Rumble's custom repaint, which reeks of awesomeness), Grimlock should be just as good as Optimus Prime for QC.:up:
Nice. I don't have Prime, but it seems like almost everyone is extremely satisfied with him.
Gouki

Post by Gouki »

My plan is to get pretty much every character from Animated, in one size only, as cloe to scale as possible. Naturally this won't be possible for, say, all of the Starscream clones, Cliffjumper etc.

Except for Deluxe Optimus, Elite Guard Bumblebee, "Electrostatic" Soundwave and Voyager Megatron who will become Ginrai, Hubcap, Soundblaster and Megaplex respectively. Because I am that much of a geek.
"Give into the Demon inside... Shun Goku Sattsu!"
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Gouki wrote:My plan is to get pretty much every character from Animated, in one size only, as cloe to scale as possible. Naturally this won't be possible for, say, all of the Starscream clones, Cliffjumper etc.

Except for Deluxe Optimus, Elite Guard Bumblebee, "Electrostatic" Soundwave and Voyager Megatron who will become Ginrai, Hubcap, Soundblaster and Megaplex respectively. Because I am that much of a geek.
The Cybertron mode Prime is easy to retcon as Orion Pax...
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

No particular goals right now, though I'm still going to be collecting. Mainly, I want to make sure I get a Legends Warpath. I think that's it for what's currently out there. Waiting for the movie line so I can pick up Side Swipe and some others.

Most of my goals revolved around the Classics 2.0/Universe line, and I have everything I want from it. (Finally saw Ratchet and Hot Shot for myself at a local Target--today in fact. Passed on both)

Also Curious to see the SWTF line continue, and what they might do. Have everything I want from the line except for the not-(quite)-yet released V-Wing fighter.

I'm possibly looking to pick up a Henkei Astrotrain from Botcon, but I'll have to see.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Well, Henkei Astrotrain is mine now, so I'm seeking out Universe Inferno and later, Henkei Hot Shot.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Uni. Ratchet shipped today from HTS. I should get him by the 25th. That will complete my collection!
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

Blitzwing wrote:I want the entire G1/G2 line. (Have about 2/3 of G1, only a handfull of G2s).

I want all the Beast Wars/Machines toys that appeared on the show. Plus a couple others that I thought were pretty cool. (Only have about 15 right now).

Only RiD I still want is Rail Racer.

Want to fill in a few holes from Unicron trilogy line and Classics.

Want one of each character of Animated, have everything that's been available in my area so far.

Not interested in the Movie lines at all.

Please don't buy RID Rail Racer. He's unstable and this waist armor keeps falling of, his weapons are bullsh*t and if you're using to much force his head will pop out of the neck joint without reattaching so you've got a loose head by then. (I speak sadly enough with the knowledge that mine suffers from all mentioned above...)
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Rail Racer's awesome. One of the best gestalts out there. I've never had a problem with instability, and I think the weapons are great. The armor will fall off if you twist it the wrong way, but just don't do that and you're in good shape. Same with the head thing. Figure out how it releases instead of just tugging it out. (Not a snarky comment to Mr. Tail, just advice for future users.) Excellent TFs each on their own, and brilliantly engineered for gestaltitude.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Notabot wrote: gestaltitude.
Brilliant! My new favourite word.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I agree with Notabot. Rail Racer might be my favorite gestault. Plus he's got a hammy superhero personality. :D
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Notabot wrote:Rail Racer's awesome. One of the best gestalts out there. I've never had a problem with instability, and I think the weapons are great. The armor will fall off if you twist it the wrong way, but just don't do that and you're in good shape. Same with the head thing. Figure out how it releases instead of just tugging it out. (Not a snarky comment to Mr. Tail, just advice for future users.) Excellent TFs each on their own, and brilliantly engineered for gestaltitude.
RID Scourge wrote:I agree with Notabot. Rail Racer might be my favorite gestault. Plus he's got a hammy superhero personality. :D
I've never had any problems with his head or waist armor, at all. Maybe the Korean version has it's benefits...

But yeah, get Rail Racer. Good individual bot modes, and great gestalt.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]