Revenge of the Fallen toy discussion (leaks and official info)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

SPOILER! (select to read)
Stupid question: What are the chances that's not the fallen, and they're actually making an evil Jetfire called Skyfire? :lol:

I'm liking what i see of LOC Megs.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Because instructions that say "The Fallen" and an individual toy called "Jetfire" could be because they are different characters?
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
S_Windell
Protoform

Post by S_Windell »

I may be picking up that Starscream figure. I neglected getting him first time around. (Where my intention was to get the most accurate version of every movie specific character. I was caught off guard, thinking they'd be overstocked and warm shelves like all other movie toys!) I'd prefer him in voyager form (this seems to be a deluxe?) but the sculpt here is leaps and bounds better! And fortunately the 'tattoos' seem to be executed well. Before looking at the pics I was afraid this would be a case of just because it works okay in comics doesn't mean...

The Fallen I will pass on. Even if he looks much cooler in the movie and is a great character, I can live without that toy.
Treadshot A1 wrote:
If it's a rhyming RC truck, well... oh f***.

It better not be, coz i hate wheelie.
Then again, I don't recall Ironhide ever being a gun nut either. And if Bay and Co. can make Bumblebee tolerable (and some might say they actually made him cool!) I'm willing to bet they can make Wheelie ignorable. He's likely got a small cameo type scene anyway.

Some change is good! I have a friend who was bugged because movie Scorponok was not as big as a city. That would've been cheesy as hell, imho.
Rattrap's tail wrote:
Main reason for me to dislike the ugly red steam shovel(TURS)
The wheels for feet is starting to bug me too. One or two characters is cool. But it seems there may be several! The steam shovel guy should be the only one because, personally, I think that sequence in the teaser looked awesome.
Rattrap's tail wrote:
I am almost sure going to buy Screamo. I had first some doubts(and fear because of the preious one which is way to be familiar with Cybertron Crumplezone to be good for a jet fighter), but now I am truely convinced. Now I only have got a new problem: doubts about The Fallen, because of his "peepee"which I think burnit is right about, and the fact that I didn't see any kind of weapons/gimmicks featured on his instruction sheet. And(I know this is to much, but please blame HASTAK) since I think that 'faction swapping gimmicks are as exciting the toenails of Paris Hilton(hope she doesn't read this but I kinda hate her) and the fact that I've seen already two bots with that lame gimmick, HASTAK has really managed to fill me with fear! I mean, Faction swapping is ain't a good gimmick, esspecially when a certain guy called Screamo from the same line, has got three astonishing gimmicks!
Faction changing as a gimmick doesn't really bother me, especially when it lends to the character. Oddly enough, faction jumping as a character trait is usually handled better for characters whose toys aren't based off that gimmick. ;) Punch/Counterpunch was shoehorned into the "Rebirth" orgy. Double Dealer, I've only read one comic with him (Spotlight: Hot Rod) and don't recall the faction switch playing into it. And Sideways was...well, he was an AEC character...

The concept has been handled well with Blitzwing (though retconned), Dinobot, etc.
numbat wrote:
The Fallen design is also mightily cool, although looks almost certainly to be Jetfire - or a very strong connection.

And it's nice that the trailer seems to show Megs (hands) - perhaps these Megatron toys have some credance after all!
I dunno. Similar, yeah. But the Fallen's vehicle mode, as seen in the instruction sheet, is as reminiscent to Megatron's first movie alt mode as his robot mode is to Jetfire. (In fact, I'm only seeing the Jetfire similarities after others, like you, are mentioning it. But I took one glance at the instruction sheet and thought, meh...looks just like the Megatron jet. Keep in mind, I've only seen the Jetfire legends toy. Those aren't always the best thing to go by...)

People are either guessing that hand pinning Sam is either the Fallen or Megatron. (Go Megs!) I've seen a few people say Starscream because, y'know, you totally see SS in the teaser right before the hand. Never mind that his hands look nothing like that and that trailers for the first movie imply Sam thinks Optimus is 'probably Japanese.' He clearly doesn't watch Family Guy...
BlacknRedTed
Protoform

Post by BlacknRedTed »

That Starscream is a voyager and not a deluxe. He did a size comparison of the '07 movie mold and the new one, and it is only shorter by like, well it looked like not even half an inch, so it is a voyager, and he looks so much better all around. The jet mode, man that looks so much better then the '07 movie toy. It doesnt look like a jet was stuck on top of a robot and what not. Yeah the hands show from the back some, but that is better then both feet and the head just hanging out there chillin. The robot mode to, looks so sweet. He actually has hands now, man, I have to get this.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

BlacknRedTed wrote:
That Starscream is a voyager and not a deluxe. He did a size comparison of the '07 movie mold and the new one, and it is only shorter by like, well it looked like not even half an inch, so it is a voyager, and he looks so much better all around. The jet mode, man that looks so much better then the '07 movie toy. It doesnt look like a jet was stuck on top of a robot and what not. Yeah the hands show from the back some, but that is better then both feet and the head just hanging out there chillin. The robot mode to, looks so sweet. He actually has hands now, man, I have to get this.
It haas way to much gimmicks to be a deluxe.
And, I've seen pictures of his box showing that Ironhide was his ÿoy counterpart"(like Blackout and Rachtet hd on their boxes in the first movie) And, he comes in a BOX. that's says enough I think.
Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

Finally! Pics of Sideswipe's robot mode! He looks really good, though I'm not fond of his feet. The rest looks great and I can't wait to pick him up.
http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=10950
borg72

Post by borg72 »

Transformer Kamen wrote:
Finally! Pics of Sideswipe's robot mode! He looks really good, though I'm not fond of his feet. The rest looks great and I can't wait to pick him up.
http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=10950
really? i quite like them. clever transformation, flipping the wings and wheels over like that. i like the ironhide-y aesthetic, although i wonder at the sheer mass of the back-kibble. a definate must-have for me.

All hands, brace for peaugh review in: 5... 4... 3...
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

This is the kind of design that I am really loving! I can look over Swipey's kibble easely and I think that he is NOT backheavy since his legs are double jointed on the upperlegs and on the knees. Everyone who also collects Bionicles (like me) knows that those joints will help the lad to be stable.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

that is possibly one of the best head molds ever made imo. the guns are a nice touch, and the figure is all around pretty good. i could see the argument with the feet due to the concept art having bigger wheels for feet at one point. but i can totally ignore the feet. nice transformation, good color scheme (even though it is just silver), and good head mold make me a happy guy!
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Starscream gallery, mainly comparisons. Slightly spoilerific.
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ry-166779/
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

And now even more shots of
Starscream and Sideswipe
have appeared over on TF08.
http://www.tf08.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=229
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

i am really liking those two!
star scream ACTUALLY has hands! it's a miracle
! and i am loving the paint apps and clear plastics even more :)
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

So that's Sideswipe, huh? New favorite, sorry Screamo. His face reminds me of BW Depthcharge. They'll probably repaint him in G1 colors somewhere down the line, maybe into Sunstreaker as well. As for his feet, it looks like a slight turn to face the flat part down would look much better, if that's possible.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

HA!
All images of The Fallen have now been purged from TFW2005 per request of Hasbro.
Dragon Warrior Steve
Protoform

Post by Dragon Warrior Steve »

Thank the maker, Starscream has hands! Sideswipe looks amazing as well.
borg72

Post by borg72 »

secretcode wrote:HA!
All images of The Fallen have now been purged from TFW2005 per request of Hasbro.
Quoted for 'HA!' Truthery :lol:
secretcode

UK Product Info has been released.

Post by secretcode »

Over here on TFW.

Copypasted down below.
Now onto the full range of toys - no individual details available at the mo but final waves and individual products are listed below with item numbers

1) Movie legends Item No 83977 RRP -
- Transformers movie characters at the smallest converting scale.
Ages 5+ - Master Carton x 8

2) Movie Scout Item No 83974 RRP - £7.99
- Movie based action figures in a 4'5'' scale figures packed in robot mode
Ages 5 + Master Carton x 12

3) Movie Deluxe Item No 83971 RRP - £12.99
- Entry level into the transformers converting play pattern featuring mech alive technology
Ages 5+ Master Carton x 8

4) Movie Voyager Item Number 83972 RRP - £22.99
- Larger scale movie characters and vehicles with realistic styling, packed in vehicle mode with mech alive technology
Ages 5+ Master Carton x 4

5) Movie Leader item Number 83973 RRP - £44.99
- Large scale movie characters featuring lights and sound packed in robot mode with mech alive technology , requires 2 x AA batteries
Ages 5+ Master Carton x 2

6) Fast Action Battlers Item No 83975 RRP - £12.99
-Chunky action figures in a more stylised look each is packed in robot mode with spring activated action feature
Ages 4+ Master Carton 8

7) Power Bots Item No 83981 RRP - N/A
- Large scale chunky action figure formerly cyber stomping robots
Ages 4+ Master Carton 3

8) Mega Power Bots Item No 91343 RRP - £37.99
- taking Power Bots to the next level these non converting action figures make it easy for younger kids to recreate giant battle scenes from ROTF
Ages 4 + Master Carton 2

9) Human alliance Assortment Item No 83978 RRP - £29.99 Optimus and Bumblebee
Large scale Transformers action figures with a 2'' human action figure for great battle action, Human figure fits inside transformer figure and is a key figure in the battle feature of the robot. Plays off the human/ robot team ups in ROTF

10) Supreme Combiner Item Number 83908 Devastator RRP - £99.99
- Characters combine to form the ultimate movie villain from ROTF lights and Sound bring this character to life, Large scale transformer packed with features
Ages 5+ Master carton 2 requires 2 x AA Batteries

11) Movie Robot Heroes Item Number 89842 RRP - £6.99
Super stylised versions of the characters, popular with collectors and kids.
Ages 3+ Master Carton 12

12) Robot Replicas Item Number 89842 RRP - NA
Highly detailed and articulate non converting figures for older kids and collectors
Ages 4+ Master Carton 8

13) Robot Heroes Battle Scenes Item No 91524 RRP - NA
The next evolution of the robot heroes line, these mutli packs feature new human figures and vehilce modes of the key characters from the movie to recreate scenes from ROTF
Ages 3+ Master Carton TBC

14) Movie Helmet Item No 83907 RRP - NA
Speak through the voice mixer, allows kids to become their fave character from ROTF
Ages 5+ Master Carton 2

15) Robot Weapons Item No 83979 RRP - NA
- Deploy to replicate how the robot warriors fight, includes light and sound.
Ages 5+ Master Carton 2 Requires 2 x AA batteries
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

secretcode wrote:Over here on TFW.

Copypasted down below.
Now onto the full range of toys - no individual details available at the mo but final waves and individual products are listed below with item numbers

1) Movie legends Item No 83977 RRP -
- Transformers movie characters at the smallest converting scale.
Ages 5+ - Master Carton x 8

2) Movie Scout Item No 83974 RRP - £7.99
- Movie based action figures in a 4'5'' scale figures packed in robot mode
Ages 5 + Master Carton x 12

3) Movie Deluxe Item No 83971 RRP - £12.99
- Entry level into the transformers converting play pattern featuring mech alive technology
Ages 5+ Master Carton x 8

4) Movie Voyager Item Number 83972 RRP - £22.99
- Larger scale movie characters and vehicles with realistic styling, packed in vehicle mode with mech alive technology
Ages 5+ Master Carton x 4

5) Movie Leader item Number 83973 RRP - £44.99
- Large scale movie characters featuring lights and sound packed in robot mode with mech alive technology , requires 2 x AA batteries
Ages 5+ Master Carton x 2

6) Fast Action Battlers Item No 83975 RRP - £12.99
-Chunky action figures in a more stylised look each is packed in robot mode with spring activated action feature
Ages 4+ Master Carton 8

7) Power Bots Item No 83981 RRP - N/A
- Large scale chunky action figure formerly cyber stomping robots
Ages 4+ Master Carton 3

8) Mega Power Bots Item No 91343 RRP - £37.99
- taking Power Bots to the next level these non converting action figures make it easy for younger kids to recreate giant battle scenes from ROTF
Ages 4 + Master Carton 2

9) Human alliance Assortment Item No 83978 RRP - £29.99 Optimus and Bumblebee
Large scale Transformers action figures with a 2'' human action figure for great battle action, Human figure fits inside transformer figure and is a key figure in the battle feature of the robot. Plays off the human/ robot team ups in ROTF

10) Supreme Combiner Item Number 83908 Devastator RRP - £99.99
- Characters combine to form the ultimate movie villain from ROTF lights and Sound bring this character to life, Large scale transformer packed with features
Ages 5+ Master carton 2 requires 2 x AA Batteries

11) Movie Robot Heroes Item Number 89842 RRP - £6.99
Super stylised versions of the characters, popular with collectors and kids.
Ages 3+ Master Carton 12

12) Robot Replicas Item Number 89842 RRP - NA
Highly detailed and articulate non converting figures for older kids and collectors
Ages 4+ Master Carton 8

13) Robot Heroes Battle Scenes Item No 91524 RRP - NA
The next evolution of the robot heroes line, these mutli packs feature new human figures and vehilce modes of the key characters from the movie to recreate scenes from ROTF
Ages 3+ Master Carton TBC

14) Movie Helmet Item No 83907 RRP - NA
Speak through the voice mixer, allows kids to become their fave character from ROTF
Ages 5+ Master Carton 2

15) Robot Weapons Item No 83979 RRP - NA
- Deploy to replicate how the robot warriors fight, includes light and sound.
Ages 5+ Master Carton 2 Requires 2 x AA batteries
See that??? Devs is gonna be the ugliest supreme ever featured, but I think that I want him.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Geez man, did you have to quote my ENTIRE post?
borg72

Post by borg72 »

key character diarama not technically a 'toy', imho, but close enough (major spoilers).

My pipe-dream ambition when this post started was to be the first to post an image of this movie character. Win!

I'm feeling understandably Epic right about now. hopefully the pictures will last and won't get pulled by Hasbro/Dreamworks etc. I've already saved them just in case.

EDIT: b*gger it, i was beaten to the punch on the other movie spoiler thread :(