[CUSTOM] Protectobots: Defensor!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
frenzy_rumble
Protoform

Protectobots: Defensor!

Post by frenzy_rumble »

-over 50 points of articulation
-weighs over 10 pound
-18.5 inches tall
-eyes light up
-says "autobots, transform" and "fire"

C & Cs welcome ;)

Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

I really need a cloth. This collection of Protectobots is the most fantastically detailed and articulate models I've ever seen. The painting reminds me of white dwarf colourings by the fanartists in the back pages of the mags.
The articulation doesn't remind me of anything because I'm primarily a G1 fan and have the Protectobots and have never seen such exquisite articulation. I'm not even that articulated!

You are an artisan, and rich leaders should pay you lots of money to redesign their favourite transformers for them.

I really loved Groove. When I was young I was intrigued as to how he would have looked had he not been part of a combiner team i.e. how such a heavily compromised figure could get a bit of redemption with some proper mould love.

You're like Springsteen to Hasbro's Bon Jovi.:)

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

WOW! That's awesome.

But, Blades seems a bit out of proportion, and is it really that back heavy that it needs to use Hot Spot's ladder as a support?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
frenzy_rumble
Protoform

Post by frenzy_rumble »

Treadshot A1 wrote:WOW! That's awesome.

But, Blades seems a bit out of proportion, and is it really that back heavy that it needs to use Hot Spot's ladder as a support?
Blades is well in proportion, in my eyes. I am 100% cool with one arm larger than the other. Unless you can suggest something else?

And, the ladder's not necessary, just added support
Clay

Post by Clay »

You forgot the (6 of 6) part!

Are you keeping this one?
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

frenzy_rumble wrote:Blades is well in proportion, in my eyes. I am 100% cool with one arm larger than the other. Unless you can suggest something else?

And, the ladder's not necessary, just added support
No, i can't think of any other copter, just thought it might affect balance and stuff. I'm glad the ladders not necessary, coz the gestalt looks awesome.

Mind telling us what parts u used for combination, coz i can only see unicron parts ( i mean parts of unicron, not the other meaning;)). I might want to see if i can duplicate that, it looks awesome.

I hope you're selling this one. :) Me want.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Weren't the original Defensor's upper arms different sizes on the original toy, what with First Aid being a white boxey ambulance and Blades being, well, a helicopter? Symmetry kinda ruins the point of Special Teams IMO - Superion, for example, is just a blocky generic robot because of it... Computon with his different arms was much more interesting to look at.

I make that toys from four different lines somehow coming together to form a massive, coherent robot that looks fantastic... the damn thing could use a Zimmer frame and still be impressive. I especially like the way Hotspot has an additional transformation, rather than Defensor simply being Hotspot with extended limbs. And I just can't get over the slightly weathered paintwork - very realistic-looking.
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

DAMN YOU!

I want so bad and can't afford!!!
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

I don't mind the asymmetry, just Blades is, well, a bit big. It's unavoidable, though.

Zimmer frame?

Is frenzy and Rumble included? Coz they look awesome.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Treadshot A1 wrote:Zimmer frame?
You might know it as a walker. Great work Frerum.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

why must you make drool worthy toys............. gaah i need money and parts to send you my idea now. Awesome Frenzy as always!
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Treadshot A1 wrote:WOW! That's awesome.

I prefer myself a toy to be out of proportion in some spots, especially with gestalts. Mainly because vehicles are always varying in sizes, and if they were all the same size, then they'd be boring and not very helpful. Blades being the 'Copter that he is makes the scaling look perfect because seriously: how many 'copters do you see the same size as a motorcycle, police car, etc? Not many.

-Space Marines
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Wow. That's so awesome. And detailed. Dunno how you did this in such detailing and whatnot.

Let's see... I guess Hot Spot's Universe Inferno, Blades' from the Cybertron Evac mold or the numerous repaints, Groove's probably Animated Prowl, Streetwise from Universe Prowl...

What did you use for First Aid?
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Blackjack wrote:Wow. That's so awesome. And detailed. Dunno how you did this in such detailing and whatnot.

Let's see... I guess Hot Spot's Universe Inferno, Blades' from the Cybertron Evac mold or the numerous repaints, Groove's probably Animated Prowl, Streetwise from Universe Prowl...

Hot Spot is actually RiD Optimus Prime. A very good toy for that incarnation.

-Space Marines
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Blackjack wrote:Wow. That's so awesome. And detailed. Dunno how you did this in such detailing and whatnot.

Check their individual threads.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
grimlockprime108
Protoform

Post by grimlockprime108 »

:headbang:this is just incredible.what did you use for the gestalt connector points
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Blackjack wrote:Let's see... I guess Hot Spot's Universe Inferno, Blades' from the Cybertron Evac mold or the numerous repaints, Groove's probably Animated Prowl, Streetwise from Universe Prowl...

I'll just list the moulds:

Hot Spot: RID Leader Class Prime
First Aid: Towline or Botcon Repaints
Groove: Armada Sideways
Streetwise: Universe Prowl.
Blades: Cybertron Evac, maybe even Blades :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
wyze2099
Protoform

Post by wyze2099 »

I showed this thread to a friend on IM, and she's now dead from awesome. She told me so herself. :)

Also, a while I wrote a Defensor fanfic called "I Remembered", and your kitbash is now the Defensor I see in my head when I reread the story.

Yours is now the one true Defensor, in fact (IMO). Hasbro could make Universe versions of the Protectobots that are even modified the way yours are ... but I highly doubt they would be remotely as cool as what you accomplished here.

If you can get around to them, I'd seriously want to see your Combaticons and Technobots.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Its happening again, i've already made groove from lego. Does this make me a F.R fanboy?
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
frenzy_rumble
Protoform

Post by frenzy_rumble »

Thanks for the replies guys. He's on ebay already (click my sig) but the auction doesn't begin until 6pm PST tonight.