[CUSTOM] Protectobot: Groove (5 of 6)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
frenzy_rumble
Protoform

Protectobot: Groove (5 of 6)

Post by frenzy_rumble »

The scout of the Protectobots is here, GROOVE.

Many thanks for mr. JAF, for providing awesome ideas to how I modded Armada Sideways into Groove. I tried to put my own spin on the concept of adding the new arms and using the back as the chest.
I added a joint at the waist, allowing the top half of him to rotate around, so that the wheel ends up in the back of the leg, and the feet look more like they face forward. The chest plate is held on by a magnet. The arms are gundam, and the head comes from G1 or G2 Duststorm.
The exhaust pipes/forearm cannons come from a ZOID. The front end of the BMW CHP style bike is die cast, got it off ebay. I pulled the saddle bags and back wheel from it also.
I used Axer after all for the rear wheel holder, it also has a hinge on it, so it sits perpendicular to the leg while in robot...and the arm of Defensor.
And yeah, that's a kickstand - pulled it off a dollar tree toy, drilled a hole in it and put a rubber washer between it and the bike to provide good tight friction.
Finally, the enamels were layed down and official CHP decals were applied. Trying to be accurate with placement.

So, yeah, the mods were pretty extensive on this little guy, but I am happy the way he turned out, looks (to me) much like a CHP bike, and nothing like Armada Sideways...

Clay

Post by Clay »

Do you sleep?

These are all exquisite. Wish I could paint that kind of small detail.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

That is exceptional - if you hadn't said, I wouldn't guess it was from Armada Sideways at all.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Bike mode was a dead giveaway... Not to mention it's the only bike that looks like Groove.

Looks Great, and i love the new bot mode, but that's it. And how did you get the new head to fit? Considering the original used Rook and Crosswise.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

I must admit, this lil guy is cute and his expression is innocent yet filled with a promise to kick some major tail. Awesome modding Frenzy!
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

My absolute favorite of the entire bunch. He just works so well and makes a great kitbash out of Sideways.